JINNS

the phone of 2010

46 members have voted

1. 1. what should I do?

• get a nokia
    • get a homosexual apple phone
    • get another phone
    • wait for 6 months everything is crap currently

My iPhone is 18months old, no issues with it. contract ends when the new model is due in 6months from now, and it should be a rather decent upgrade- all of those who got the 3G when it came out will now be finishing their contracts, so for apple to keep them as customers, the new iPhone will have to be good.

It depends what you want, if you want a basic, easy to use, safe phone, get an iPhone 6months from now.

Some plastic chinese wannabe, thats only claim to fame is that it isn't as locked down(which I see as a flaw), get something Android. Android is alot more user friendly than WinMo though.

I haven't chimed in to this thread because I honestly have (or had) no idea...

but apparently many people down at engadget are going nutzoidial over the leaked videos of the Nexus One, google's flagship phone....... apparently it benchmarked all over the entire competitive offerings of all other phone manufacturers............... and here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzxZ8tOBcQ

it could be the phone to decimate all in 2010... we don't know. after my hyping up the n97 i'm pretty weary at how things look in the beginning and you won't know until you've owned the phone for a good month or so before a verdict even starts to form.

just sayin... look out for it.

Its a phone, why does benchmarking matter so much? Are you using it for pro AV work?

A phone is all about a simple UI that works well IMO, eg, reading an SMS at 4am half asleep is a task that matters more to me than how many FPS a phone can pull.

I think some people might get led astray by this, Write down what you use your phone for, and see which one ticks all the boxes, chances are if you are the OP, you don't need the phone with the highest FPS, you needs the nicest to use.

"I have to admit the iphone isnot special bu everything in it makes sense and works"

+1 to that, I tried to not have an iphone after smashing the screen on my first one, tried other phones (Including new samsung with windows mob) and ended up buying another iphone, there are things that suck about the iphone but it just works properly -everything else i tried was either slow, buggy or had a cr*p interface.

im predicting the iphone will still be the popular choice this year. more and more people are buying them.

theres also speculation of a new iphone mid this year also which im looking forward to.

this year will be (x10 vs nexus one) vs iphone.

we've been told vodafone will be selling the nexus soon.

I am considering now getting an iphone on plan and sell it and buy something on ebay

the nexus looks good so does the xperia x2

ok guys... so i was thinking about this aswell. i "f**ked" my phone... it "fell" in water. it was a c905.. insurance claim passed so now i had to choose a new phone...

i was waiting for the nokia 900.. looked at all the omnia ones n htc touch and what not..

but before i got too crazy about "smart phones" and "apps" i remembered one thing i did want in a phone...

A GOOD CAMERA...

so i finally got a "SONY ERICSSON SATIO"

it has a 4'3 inch touch screen.. 12... YES i sais megapixel camera!!!!

looked on the web, you can hack the phone and use these apps or "widgets" that are available as you can use the same apps from the nokia 5600 series...

23012010036.JPG

the nokia n900 is not coming to australia so it is not smart to get a nokia from overseas without a warranty