Sign in to follow this  
BenjiBABI

S13 Engine Conversions

Just been looking around for the last 3 or 4 months at engine conversions that have been done in s13s.

The most successful ones seem to be the RB series motors and the occasional 1j/2j here and there.

Once on my opens (1 and a half years away now), i'd be very interested in doing a conversion to obtain stupid hp figures etc...

What are the legal issues surrounding engine conversions apart from the obvious one; engine has to either same age as chassis or newer.

For the meantime however i'll be searching around for an sr20de manual to put in my ca18 auto sad.gif haha

I own a onevia and slowly but surely building it up. Currently changing the kit all over.

I've bought myself the following so far:

1. Uras Type-S 180sx front bar
  2. BN skirts
  3. BN rear bar

So i would also like to know if engine conversions are going to be a problem with the smaller engine bay space that the 180sx has...

P.S - sorry for the life story.

Edited by blingcommander

i have done

RB20 into a CA s13, super easy

RB25 (and R33 box) into a s13, box needs custom shit to fit which is a pain

and currently putting a 1j and R154 (out of a JZX100) into my s14a

never worries about the legal shiz. just got the engine number changed at vic roads and that was good enough.

also i have a mate putting an LS2 into his s13

one of my friends has a RB20 in his s13 and the other has a r32 rb26 godzilla engine from his old car into his silvia

twin turbo LS1

or the s15 currently being built with a 20b

• Upvote 1

13b

RB26

LS1

VQ30

2J

1UZ are all convertions ive seen

lots of space in their so if you have the time and the money............

Rb20 is the most common out of all of the above

twin turbo VG30 from a 300zx...

do it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

was no ls1 or 1uzfe in the poll so i didnt vote. if i had stupid amounts of money (well around $20k all up should see it finished) i'd do an ls1 conversion, pumped guards, 2.25" exhaust and extractors, roof spoiler, bride seats, nardi, and last but not least 17" xd9s or cr kais!!

• Downvote 2

LS engines and toyota engines would require a fair amount of modification to fit flush right?

rb25det bro all the way!! heres a pix 1 off my broz whoz done the conversion

post-71481-12554927954289_thumb.jpg

post-71481-12554928092523_thumb.jpg

Edited by DRFT1N
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i'd do an ls1 conversion, 2.25" exhaust and extractors
:lol:

yea i noticed that too :S

There was a RB26DETT in a 180 in HPI magazine a while ago... can't remember the numbers but i know it pulled alot!

that RB25 sil look shocking. wrong size silicone hose, skinny ass wheels overshadowed by wide guards... FAIL. and no i don't care if it makes 1 billion killerwasps.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sorry i meant 2.5 lol. 3inch would probably be too big. remember with n/a cars the exhaust is critical in terms of getting that extra bit of power. whereas turbo it's not as critical. still important yes but not critically so. 2.5" is small i know but isnt that the recommended size for v8's?

love it!! looks factory :D

sorry i meant 2.5 lol. 3inch would probably be too big. remember with n/a cars the exhaust is critical in terms of getting that extra bit of power. whereas turbo it's not as critical. still important yes but not critically so. 2.5" is small i know but isnt that the recommended size for v8's?

5.7 v8 making around 300-350 rwhp twin 3 inch is the go twin muffler and twin hot dogs

so does this...

82786940ub9.jpg

minus that turbo of course ^_^

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ermmm....i personally do feel as if u want a bigger engine like the RB's or JZ's on the silvia's, u might as well not do it....because basically it ruins the weight distribution of the car... If you want a RB then get a Skyline or a Cefiro A31, if u want a JZ, get a Chaser or something...personal opinion.... well past champions like

Yasuyuki Kazama - S15 SR20DET

Nobuteru Taniguchi - S15 SR20DET

Masato Kawabata - S15 SR20DET

Ryuji Miki - S15 SR20DET

Youiichi Imamura - S15 SR20DET

My point of view is Silvia+SR20DET = Response monster

anyways... off topic a lil, would like to ask what engine is this...it is advertised as the s14 blacktop engine...it looks like s13 blacktop to me...anyone can clarify this for me? thx in advance

2993275776.jpg

^^^^^^^^ s13 blacktop.

i went 1j coz it will last a hell of a lot longer than a sr20, has a stronger gearbox and a heap more torque.

who care who wins what in drifting

and all that weight :rolleyes: is easily dealt with

anybody know how much engineering an ls1 into s13 will cost? heard around the $3500-4000 mark! also does anybody know of any ls1 built s13s going around australia atm? that are for sale? would rather buy one than do it all myself. and yeh 1jz into s13 is good conversion but yeh to street it it just costs too much. so more than likely will stick with the sr20det. just make it more responsive. can get 880nm torque out of one. latest issue of Performance Imports has one. thats fair impressive.

and bling the mate of yours who is doing the ls2 conversion is it street legal? coz if i did one i need it to be street legal.

you need to call an engineer to find out. as well as everything else needs to be up to scratch, ie: bracing the body etc

kudar elhouli (sp) was selling his DA car a few months ago. was a bit over 20, bargain really even though is wasn't able to be registered

and bling the mate of yours who is doing the ls2 conversion is it street legal? coz if i did one i need it to be street legal.

he will keep it registered till it gets defected i suppose

Here is my mates VG30DETT into his S13.

Heath 1.jpg

I'm currently doing a LS1-T that will never get finished LOL

Here is my mates VG30DETT into his S13.

:wub::wub::wub:

You have to remember that a 2" exhaust is a good size for a 2L 4 banger, With an LS you are almost tripling the capacity and volume of air flow

• Upvote 1