Sign in to follow this  
willski

evo 7 interior question

hey there, just trying to figure out which evo 7s come with the climate control built it to the dash nice and clean, and which ones have is tacked on like an afterthought (see image below). ive noticed it in a few photos, i dont know if its different versions or 01/02 model differences? but the ones ive seen up for sale havent mentioned anything differently

note the location of the climate control

photo of "good dash"

evo7-interior1.jpg

poxy dash

img_1393.jpg

I have done a bit of research for you and I have pulled this from another forum. It looks like the interiors that you have posted are not both from an Evo 7. A couple of the images no longer work, but hopefully what I have attached below is of some help. :thumbsup:

GSR VII came standard with a double-DIN space and aircon controls in the cubby under the DIN area.

GSR VIII's did not and had only a single DIN and controls in the lower 2nd DIN space.

Yeah, images of the VII GTA from Europe:

137and63.jpg

But this may have just been Euro-delivered GTA's.

I remember my agent in Tokyo mentioning double-DIN on the JDM GTA's up at auction..?

VII GSR:

1467_11lo.jpg

EvoVII_console.jpg

VIII GSR:

evo-8-8.JPG

IX GSR:

article_497-img_2.jpg

You could probably modify a GTA with the single DIN to move the aircon to a lower cubby and get a new double-DIN surround...

• Downvote 1

I have done a bit of research for you and I have pulled this from another forum. It looks like the interiors that you have posted are not both from an Evo 7. A couple of the images no longer work, but hopefully what I have attached below is of some help. :thumbsup:

GSR VII came standard with a double-DIN space and aircon controls in the cubby under the DIN area.

GSR VIII's did not and had only a single DIN and controls in the lower 2nd DIN space.

Yeah, images of the VII GTA from Europe:

137and63.jpg

But this may have just been Euro-delivered GTA's.

I remember my agent in Tokyo mentioning double-DIN on the JDM GTA's up at auction..?

VII GSR:

1467_11lo.jpg

EvoVII_console.jpg

VIII GSR:

evo-8-8.JPG

IX GSR:

article_497-img_2.jpg

You could probably modify a GTA with the single DIN to move the aircon to a lower cubby and get a new double-DIN surround...

nah man, theyre both from an evo 7, i searched for a while before i found those pics. definitely not an evo 7/8 thing, as ive noticed the same on evo 8s! the 8 can have either dash also

have a look here, this is what sparked my interest

evo 7 with single DIN

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=7632321&__sid=12410058BAC1&__Qpb=true&Cr=7&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294964597%204294966896%204294929773&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=12&silo=1011

the gta has a different wheel/dash again, but what i posted def aint that

A lot of Japanese owners preferred double DIN head units, and I suspect what happened was Mitsubishi released the Evo 7s (and the base models) with single DIN slots, only to be met with howls of protest and made the double DIN option available in a hurry.

As an Evo 8 owner, yes it's poxy having the aircon controls that low ;)

anyone willing to trade the single din slot/aircon dials for a double din slot and the air con dials ??