Sign in to follow this  
delazy

THE DA 09 THREAD

Drift Squaid crashed his car, the KE70 also crashed, a few D.A cars really crashed hard..

:(

:(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 car train - Jake - CTS Simon - Red KE - Red ID 180

Simon was pushin Jake MEGA hard through the run - it was obviously the CTS car had a lot more grip, so he went for an inside pass on the last turn and also Jake went wide, Jake spun - maybe even got a tap from Simon(not sure), Red KE had no were to go. Lucky for Jake the main impact was back right hand corner - unfortunately for the KE he hit right on the B piller drivers side. It was a pretty scary crash to see.

Pretty sure the KE is written off. Jake's car hard to say, didn't look really bad - but probably bad enough.

I hope Jake & the KE driver are doing ok, report was Jake was pretty shaken up.

Edited by slideFC3S

wtf that's not cool :( who was the driver of the red KE?

going for a pass in a drift train seems like a dumb thing also..

Simon was pushin Jake MEGA hard through the run - it was obviously the CTS car had a lot more grip, so he went for an inside pass on the last turn and also Jake went wide, Jake spun - maybe even got a tap from Simon(not sure), Red KE had no were to go. Lucky for Jake the main impact was back right hand corner - unfortunately for the KE he hit right on the B piller drivers side. It was a pretty scary crash to see.

Pretty sure the KE is written off. Jake's car hard to say, didn't look really bad - but probably bad enough.

feeling for jake atm...bloke worked his arse off to get there :(

would certainly hope there wasnt any contact which resulted in such an accident...

red ke70 was being driven by jason greenwood apparently...

feeling for jake atm...bloke worked his arse off to get there :(

would certainly hope there wasnt any contact which resulted in such an accident...

red ke70 was being driven by jason greenwood apparently...

Quite true, very stupid move to pull in a prac. session. There was some kind of contact between the cars, only footage and the drivers would be able to tell/ show how much.

Squid's car is fixed, just awaiting scruitners in the morning. Then hopefully he'll be tearing it up again.

Looking forward to tomorrow's action!!!

^^ lol guessin nigel was the id car? least jakes car is right hopefully ! who are the stand outs up there? much more goss? (brendo postin)

Just got off the phone.

The ID car wasn't Nigel. Apparently the I.D car that enter D.A met with a wall pretty hard.

The 4 car train, everyone is ok, shaken up but ok. There has been contact with CTS car (whether they caused it or hit after Jake spun I cant say, cause I dont know). Jakes car looks like it might get fixed for tomorrow. Apparently alot of people helping/offering help to him.

Feel for the guy in the KE and Jake, as I know they have probably busted there nuts to get there.

• Downvote 1

sucks to hear..hope jakes car is alright.unlucky for the ke....will be interesting to see footage of what happened.

fuuu

been hanging out to hear of updates.

spewing such a crash happened in practice....

Hey guys, i am just about to put up footage of the practice session including the crash so hang tight.

• Upvote 3

Not sure what happened to Jake but the Onevia wasn't looking too good :(

As I said earlier Jake, I'm pretty useless but if you need a hand in the morning just let me know :thumbsup:

The Red KE70 was pretty bad but hopefully the driver was OK... I was watching from upstairs when it happened & from a distance the damage didn't look so bad but I stood corrected after I saw it in the shed!!

All the SA Guy's are looking bloody good out there :thumbsup:

Pity about the lack of entries for Drift Australia but SD seems to be a full field :thumbsup:

Hey guys, i am just about to put up footage of the practice session including the crash so hang tight.

Video including practice highlights and the crash:

The crash on its own:

Driftsquid, Podlewski, Greenwood and Whierl were the drivers involved. Thankfully all the drivers are ok after the crash. I recorded this footage, and was lucky to get the crash on camera.

watched the footage./

pretty jackass move from the CTS car really by the looks of it from that view...

hope twisteds good to drive tomorrow..

talked to jake about an hour ago hes fairly shaken up about it but should be good to go for tomorrow.

sounds like it was a fairly questionable pass with jake copping a hit causing the spin leaving the ke no where to go, he said the front of his car is just fiberglass damage but the rear is fair messy but they have got the wheel alignment good enough to get him back out there thanks to all the people helping him in the pits (from what he said almost every sa driver and there teams who had some spare time were there to lend a hand) which was awesome to hear and i no he appreciated the help alot.

he said before the crash the car felt awesome and he was loving the track so hopefully he will get back out there tomorrow and rip it up and show he is were he belongs mixing it with the best drivers in oz

• Upvote 1

cant belive he went for a pass on a practice run which looked to me from that angle..

Jake still had angle and pouring out the smoke CTS car seems to have straightened up and gone for a pass knocks front of Jake causing massive accident?

I would think the other I.D car could possible be agges, dont know if he had entered tho.

unfortunately jakes got no incar footage either as the impact stuffed his camera :(

will be interesting to see footage from other angles, the damage didnt look overly bad at the end of that vid on the truck but that poor KE i would not have liked to be in the drivers seat for that 1, hope hes ok

Far out, going for a pass with another 2 cars drifting right behind in a prac session = dumb

If that was a tandem it woulda been no biggy..

hope greenwood and jake are ok that looks like it woulda hurt...

If that was a battle im not too sure how happy the judges would of been with a move like that?

podelowski (sp) definitely has a lot to answer for. going for a pass there was so unecessary and stupid. it's alright for him, backed by the team with the biggest budget (for drift) in aust, but how bout the other 2 guys that hes ruined it for? both privateers, doing whatever they can to get to each meet and hone their skills and mix it up with some of australias best drivers, working hard for what they have.....

absolutely heartbreaking pic from simon up there... just leaves me lost for words.

f**k you pit bull.

• Upvote 4

S**ts me right up the wall!!!

You driving knowing you're in a 4 car drift train. But you know you clearly couldn't follow to save your life so you try to close a 3 car gap on the tightest corner of the track and overtake while making contact. Clever s**t.

Hopefully Jason can borrow a car for Sunday but sucks big time to write a car off and i think the KE was finally at a good stage to be competitive with the bigger more powerful cars.

Sucks for Jake hopefully he can take on the CTS car in the top 16 and knock the ...... out early on so Bill can have a cry. Hopefully the car gets back to the way it felt before the accident and hopefully he can still rip skids for the Motive DVD shoot Monday and Tuesday as this would be great for sponsers.

Good Luck everyone (not including CTS) for Sunday

f**king nice work again simon..

wasn't it not long ago that people were f**ked off with you? (yes)

heartbroken for the privateers involved, that pic of the ke sums it up perfectly :(

always someone that's gotta go too far and ruin it for others..

• Upvote 1