Sign in to follow this  
Moleman

VW bora running rich

hey everyone, i apologies in advance for the short essay BUT I REALLY NEED HELP!

mum recently bought a 2.0L VW bora. great little car, but there is are-ocuring problem thats causing problems (and me, the only person inthe house who knows about cars, is getting yelled about it)

THE PROBLEM: the car runs rich! went to solitare in Adelaide, and theyadvised us to drive it up to Mount lofty so that the mixtures willreset and it will be fine. took it up there and then it was fine. 3-4weeks later, same thing, rough idle and rich as a mofo.

went back to solitare, they didnt want to know anything about it, theygave me the same advice. they said the reason why it happens is becausewe live at sea level and the car is suited to higher altitudes upset.gif

the car HAS had the airflow meter replaced

so at the moment ive been trecking up to Lofty every few weeks (and i havnt got time or patients anymore!)

is there any solution to my problem? remap? is there a faulty sensor? HELP! frown.gif

hey everyone, i apologies in advance for the short essay BUT I REALLY NEED HELP!

mum recently bought a 2.0L VW bora. great little car, but there is are-ocuring problem thats causing problems (and me, the only person inthe house who knows about cars, is getting yelled about it)

THE PROBLEM: the car runs rich! went to solitare in Adelaide, and theyadvised us to drive it up to Mount lofty so that the mixtures willreset and it will be fine. took it up there and then it was fine. 3-4weeks later, same thing, rough idle and rich as a mofo.

went back to solitare, they didnt want to know anything about it, theygave me the same advice. they said the reason why it happens is becausewe live at sea level and the car is suited to higher altitudes upset.gif

the car HAS had the airflow meter replaced

so at the moment ive been trecking up to Lofty every few weeks (and i havnt got time or patients anymore!)

is there any solution to my problem? remap? is there a faulty sensor? HELP! frown.gif

Upstream oxy sensor....

ive been disconnecting the battery every time it plays up and then its fine for a month or 2

but oxy sensor is my suspicion to

just gota wait till my mate at solitaire has time to scan the ecu for error codes