Sign in to follow this  
paulvd

s13 silvia rear window rubber weather strip

hey,

can anyone tell me where i can buy the rubber seal that goes around the rear window?

i have tried rare spares and they have nothing :(

and genuine nissan would probably cost way too much!

Unless there is someone who has a second hand one they want to sell me that's in GOOD condition

Thanks, Paul.

Rubber seal?

Why don't you buy a universal rubber seal and get Peto from Novus to fit it for you? Assuming I am thinking of the correct rear windscreen seal.

Ben

if its the stock moulding round the rear window, im guessing its got sun damage and has shrunk and pulled off in the corners and prob even cracked?

mouldings where probably a good idea from nissan in 1989 or whenever they made the first s13, but obviously time has its toll on everything, i personally wouldn't bother spending the money to get another one the same, unless u want a genuine look, there a two part thing, one part is like a channel that is double sided taped to the body then part 2 that locks into that channel, not worth the time and effort cleaning the shit off the body to stick new one on, not to mention the price... bad news is, no matter what, to get new moulding or anything round the window, the window has to come out, probably looking at about $170 to remove and refit rear window with new rubber (aftermarket) looks much better, ask ben (tas_180)

sorry for the rant, just thought its better to explain myself lol

thanks for the info guys

ben, as brodey said i am in launceston, and my car isn't rego'd yet (hopefully soon)

but i will try and go have a talk to a windscreen place up here when i get time.

So nobody has ever replaced it with a 'generic' type seal?