Sign in to follow this  
Bennybear

Guitar stuff

^ best to try something simple and free like Gumtree; there is a dedicated musical instruments section

Failing that try melband etc

^ thanks mate, completely forgot about gumtree!

I use to own some sweet gear....

now i've sold it all and haven't touched a guitar in over a year

had a Schecter 007 elite 7 string, Fender strat, Dean rc7x special edition 7 string (best guitar i've ever played), 2 cort acoustics, 1 electric.

amp wise : Krank rev1 100watt tube head and a line 6 cab. had multiple pedals and shit!

heres a picture of me playing infront of a sold out crowd at folwers when my band opened for The Black Dahlia Murder and Unearth

37995_1539155888279_1516359976_31481176_2629345_n.jpg

Thread death!!

A few pics of cheapies that I am mucking around with at the moment; Hamer Archtop w/seymour duncan P90's (phat cat), PRS SE w/EMG-HZ (passive) in the bridge & seymour duncan hotrails in the neck (not to mention the kill switch that has unceremoniously been installed into the body!) and finally a cooler than cool 80's Floyd Rose series Squire (I've done a write up on this one already, DiMarzio PAF + Fender single coils, original Floyd, Gotoh tuners and a slick neck).

All are 001.JPG

002.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

007.JPG

Just ordered a USA Jackson :D

SL2H

Alder body, ebony fretboard, neck-thru, original floyd, seymour duncans, mop inlays

1307559825312-1176840835.jpeg

What's the best buckethead album?

^ def. A personal preference thing; the guy is a prolific writer - has 30+ albums...

He is a brilliant guitarist, virtuoso even but the guy has some serious issues - funniest thing I ever read was an article in Revolver mag about Ozzfest; Ozzy invited Bucket Head to play with his band, asked him to lose the bucket. Came back into the room 5 minutes later and Buckethead had ditched tHe bucket but was wearing a green martian mask... Quote from Ozzy:

""I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me, but only if he got rid of the f**king bucket. So I came back a bit later, and he's wearing this green f**king Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself.' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum, then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing f**king mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a *I love my mum*."[26]

:lol: Funny shit. The best musicians are weirdos.

And I see what you mean, he's got a million albums!

Got Pepper's ghost, it's pretty nice so far, the way he jumps between different sections seems a bit cut and shut tho.

If you are just after solo guitar albums, check out these:

Paul Gilbert = Technical Difficulties

Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien

Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom

& a relative newbie: Andy James (self titled)

Paul Gilbert is my hero!!^^

Enter the chicken is a good bucket head album (btw Paul gilbert taught bucket head how to play)

here are my two

ibanez rg470 and an ibanez xpt700

post-50092-13118502464803_thumb.jpg

post-50092-13118503084933_thumb.jpg

Canned the Blackstar 1Watt setup - great sound and perfect for bedroom application but the single channel/shared gain thing was pissing me off.

Just picked up the new HT-5R combo tonight; really cool little unit with more than enough grunt + footswitch + effects loop

As a bonus, the 12" seems to have a bit more headroom than the 4x8 cab; this doesn't make mathematical sense (4x8 surface are is larger but they have tiny little magnets/drivers)feels like the 12" just moves more air.

Highly recommend for anyone that needs a practice amp/something compact for small gigs with a moderate drummer; can't really go wrong for $550! I remember paying $1000 for a solid state Laney combo back in the day - how far we have come!

Just bought a left handed American Start for 500 coin!

I'm right handed....BUT WHO'S GONNA PASS THAT DEAL UP!

Cant tell if troll or stupid or right handed Hendrix impersonator

It's an American Strat.....For $500? I don't see why buying it is so stupid?

Will probably end up on the wall. They're usually $1600.

Eh. Still happy with it. Now lives on my wall. Its not matte black so i wouldnt want it for gigs anyway.

Edited by zeropsi

Might aswell post here;

I have a ;

- Stratocaster american standard, Dark sunburst with tortoise pickguard. My fav one.

- Squier Telecaster, Dunno anything specific about it. Sounds great with that awesome twangy note and is that "butterscotch"/cream colour.

- Some white ashton LP rip off, That sounds heavier and cleaner than any other LP I have played.

- Unknown branded strat copy.

I would love to get me a roadworn tele tbh.

^ Hi Mate; nice collection of guitars

I can't get into the pre-worn thing; just buy a new one and play it till your fingers bleed - make your own wear marks :)

I had an old Tele that is now getting gigged around TX with a folk band. I still rue the day I sold that bloody thing!

Is that a Rev or Krankenstein? Monster either way!

yep sure is a Rev!

loved that amp! i sold it for like $1000 and it retailed for $3500 :o

DSC02439.JPG

this is my schecter omen extreme.

just wondering what products u guys are using to clean and maintain the strings, fretboard and finish?

Nothing but a jewelry cloth on strings after every use, Dunlop prep and conditioner for the fretboard during string change (or turps...don't laugh, it's awesome) and fender/Gibson/Martin whatever polish for the body...or meguires or similar final inspection type spray.

^Get a small bottle of FretDoctor online; world renowned to be the absolute best fretboard conditioning product out there.

If you can't get it, use anything that isn't silicone based or contains an acidity above PH4

TURPS!@ WTF!

I'm changing professions shortly, have landed a fantastic role and want to buy a new guitar to celebrate!

I want a single cut (LP) shape but not necessarily a Gibson. I have a love hate relationship with the brand and would have to find 'the one' to be happy; would consider a nice R8/9

Alternatives are the PRS SC245 - I had one of these going back about 2 years; brilliant guitar and tone to die for. My only gripe was the wide-thin neck carve; I have slightly smaller than 'regular' sized hands so chords could sometimes be a bit of a stretch.

The new kid on the block is the PRS SC58 - this is supposedly Paul's tribute to the Les Paul and is a no expense spared affair. Reviews have been ultra positive, some liken it to the tone of a 58'/59' PAF Les Paul but with rock solid build quality. This has the new 'pattern' neck carve which is essentially the traditional PRS wide-thin but with more of a rounded profile.

There are a ton of other options i.e. ESP Eclipse, Heritage H150 etc but my initial gut feel is to go with one of the above three options.

Now comes the interesting part; I plan on buying from the states and shipping to Oz... I have no problem doing this for a PRS as they are super consistent but with a Gibson, this road is fraught with danger :lol:

This brings me to buying locally and paying anywhere up to 200% more to a local store/seller :(

Few pics below; if anyone has experience with the SC58 I'd love to hear your thoughts

Gibson_R8.jpg

Gibson_R9.jpg

SC_58_Wildwood_1.jpg

SC58EZIRAVERDE.jpg

SC245_25th.jpg