Sign in to follow this  
Bennybear

Guitar stuff

just finished building my effects pedal.

The base was made completely form bunnings shit. cost me 80 bucks.

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

nice job man looks good

Do any of you guys watch instructional dvds? I watch plenty of drumming ones and I know they do release them for guitarists... I wanna motivate my band mates a little bit, thought if I bought them a great guitar dvd they might be a bit more inspired to learn. What's good? What's your favourite? They're mostly into ptree, oceansize, tool, bands like that...

I find buying new gear motivates me to keep playing and pushing. Expensive but effective. I'm not a shredder or a blues player so there is less of a selection in the dvd category.

Bennybear, the G-System has some of the of the best delays I have found. That and the reverb are the two main reasons that I got the g.

I play heavy alt rock so I whore those two effects a lot.

Benny, you might enjoy the Wilson Effects 12 pos Rippah Q wah I have dude given the tone of most of your posts. Super versatile has its own sounds but also does a bang up job replicating some other famous Wahs. Look it up if you havent seen it. Its a pretty sharp little unit.

Anyone had a go at building their own?

I have about 5-6 bodies and necks sitting in the shed that i have made over time, lacking motovation to complete :(

This is my closest to completion build, excuse shithouse lighting and iphone4 photo's..

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

Current specs are:

Brazilian Mahogany body (1 piece).

EI Rosewood Neck.

2-way Truss Rod.

Jarrah FB (25" PRS scale).

Dunlop jumbo fret wire.

12mm carve.

Not sure what hardware i will be using yet.

^Looks beautiful mate - and what seems to be a quality job as well, well done!

Closest I have come to 'making' my own is building a few part-casters from Warmoth. Reverse tele neck on a strat body is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Cheers mate, anyone can build a guitar, with a f**ktonne of patience!

Warmoth is great stuff, never heard a bad word about them, same with carvin bodies/necks etc.

Do any of you guys watch instructional dvds? I watch plenty of drumming ones and I know they do release them for guitarists... I wanna motivate my band mates a little bit, thought if I bought them a great guitar dvd they might be a bit more inspired to learn. What's good? What's your favourite? They're mostly into ptree, oceansize, tool, bands like that...

Check out the lick library DVDs with Andy James; the guy is a phenomenal guitarist and the DVDs are user friendly.

Have a look on YouTube, there are tons of clips up

NGD!

62' Re-issue strat w/original case and candy; picked it up for a steal, plays effortlessly and sounds like a Strat should

Happiness is a new guitar

003.JPG

016.JPG

As iconic as it is, I just cant get excited by a strat. I mean, do they even have anyone in R&D at fender anymore?

^Ha I tend to agree; haven't had one in a while though and this plays as good as any.

Check out FGN Guitars; I have been researching and have almost convinced myself that I want one

Man, you're addicted.

Didn't you sell all your guitars a few months ago? :lol:

^its a hobby

I think I've owned, sold, traded more guitars since I stopped playing then when I was mucking around in bands

I'll be selling one of my ESP eclipses soon. Then I wont be purchasing another axe until I can pick me up a PRS 513. That is if it plays as well as it should. The tone versatility is very impressive and the usual PRS beauty factor goes a long way as well. Have just always wanted a PRS.

prs513front4wy.jpg

^They are great guitars - I say disregard the amount of stick they get Re; too pretty to play/no soul etc its bullshit.

I had an SC245 in violin amber sunburst; as far as I'm aware they have stopped making them now so I'm a little pissed that I sold it. It was awesome but I let a few Gibson/Fender die-hards get in my ear and moved it along for a Les Paul.

Really digging the vintage path that PRS is on, the new SC58 seems brilliant - I've heard great things about the new 57/08 pickups.

For a brilliant candid video on the 513, check out this guy playing through a Rivera amp

I'd skip the OD part, not a fan - really nice sounding clean passage @ 2:45

~B

www.justinguitar.com :thumbsup:

Ordered the little Blackstar HT-1HR + matching 4x8 cab today; in no rush to pick it up but I should have it in a couple of weeks.

Now to learn how to play like Andy James :lol:

^ Have a ton of travel to do between now and the end of the month; should get it first week July.

On a side note; strongly considering a new project = Warmoth VIP body (korina/swamp ash) /PRS wide-thin neck (all rosewood - yep)/ SS frets & Bare Knuckle 'The Mule' calibrated PUP set & other goodies.

Played something identical recently and it was bloody amazing - possibly the most comfortable I have felt with a guitar; offered to buy it but the owner was just as smitten with it as I was :lol:

Double bucks and the gain pushed as hard as it'll go makes up for the fact I cant play... right?

How do you guys go about selling your old gear? I've got a few old guitars and basses I'm looking to get rid of as they've been in their cases for nearly 3 years now. Sold my old effects to a friend but musos tend to be broke haha.

Sorry for big pics confused.gif

My gear - B.C Rich N.J series Warlock

warlockg.jpg

B.C Rich Platinum series Ironbird

ironbird.jpg

Electro-harmonix Metal Muff

muffv.jpg

Digitech Hendrix signature wah-wah/emulator

hendrixsig.jpg

And a full old school Park/Marshall G10R

parkg10r.jpg

I have a bunch of other stuff, but these are the only things I actually use.

Here's a vid I took last year sometime...been meaning to upload more but I'm a lazy, lazy human.

Anyone else got any vids?

Currently rocking an early 80's Japanese Squire; essentially it's an 'F U' to Fender US...

Story goes when fender first kicked off production in Japan in the early 80's they tried the famous Fuji-Gen workshop. These guys were all old uncompromising master craftsmen, Fender gave them a brief to create cheap mass produced Squires and threw a heap of money at the project. The guys at Fuji-Gen took this as a bit of an insult and started a bit of an internal joke that even what they would consider as 'cheap' would still be better than the American standard series; thus the 'Made in Japan' Squire series was born. They came in a few different flavors, they crowning jewel being the Squire by Floyd Rose guitars; imagine Fender seeing a catalog of reverse headstock, solid paint scheme Strats built with original Floyd rose, Dimarzio pickups, gotoh tuners and a compound radius fretboard... All for less than what they were charging for the American standards :lol:

Needless to say there were a few red faces state side and these guitars have become a bit of a timeless stab at Fender US.

I have one, it's pretty damn cool and it does genuinely play better than my 62Ri...

Will throw up some pics tomorrow night

Anyone else have new toys? Plans for tax return etc?

I'm thinking I might do another Warmoth build, kind of a PRS-ish single cut with some tasty WCR pickups or Bare Knuckles

Who knows!!

What do you have?

Sorry, lost the thread.

Currently have;

Electro harmonix big muff

Peavy rage amp (guitar)

B.c rich mockingbird platinum series (guitar) w/case

Epiphone strat that's missing a bridge (guitar) w/case

Fender acoustic no cutout (guitar) w/bag

Fender rumble amp (bass)

Fender 60th anniversary jazz bass w/case

Squire vintage modified p bass w/case

Westone spectrum st bass w/case

Various straps, knobs, leads, probably strings in there somewhere, metronome, tuner & a 6 or 8 (can't remember) guitar rack.

Not sure how to go about selling there are however a couple I'd like to keep but figured I'd throw it all in.

Spent more time buying & messing around than playing lol.