Sign in to follow this  
madskidz

drift practice at symmons

anyone know if MSCT is planning to hold drift prac at symmons before round 5?

cheers

**people keen for drift practice at symmons**

-me

-brendo (nw)

-jason-S13

-ardie

-pagey

-brad

i dont think they are planning one, but coby maybe we can use this thread as "show interest" thread ?? :D id be there

yeh, if they decide to have one im 110% there!

well im entering the rest of the series, so a prac day at symmons before round 5 would be awesome :)

i'll put a list of people who say their keen in the first post, so its easy to keep track of numbers :)

count me in :thumbsup:

Its actually listed in the CAMS calendar and has been in there since the end of last year.

the date is how ever saturday 10th of october.

unfortunately its the weekend after round 4 which is the 3rd october but due to tight scheduling this was the only time to put it.

Also i understand that it may seem like we dont have enough days at symmons but when you have 5 series rounds and then a prac day for each series round that equates to 6 barsky events and 4 symmons events so it gets a bit crowded having close to one a month

plus we do get power cruise at symmons and i can assure you its worth going in that for drifting. Not for the comps thoe as they are rigged and crap.

oh and round 5 is 4 weeks after the prac day so it gives any newbies that come to the drift prac day a chance to decide and save for round 5.

ah ok, shows how much i know

i should be able to make it provided i dont smash my car at round 4 :lol:

yea i know how much this may inconvenience people but its just the way the dates fell.

i feel that the top series drivers will be there practicing for round 5 as they wont have been on it for over 5 months.

the guys that drift for fun i gess will sacrifice one for the other. got to a prac day and get track time or go to a series round and cause an upset?

and then hopefully we will see some new northern faces.

either way round 5 will be a big event and pending the scores from round 4 is shaping up to be a good close points battle in the series.

Im sure MSCT will be using the prac day as a test run for all our series officials to make sure things are going to run smooth.

Having it weekend after round 4 sounds good to me, I was keen for another go by the Sunday arvo after round 3 haha.

Might be keen. Depends on what I break. It seems to be a ritual now to bust shit at a drift day for me

If the car is rego'd by then (which is damn well should be), then yes I will be there. But don't count me in as a definate, cos we all know what cars and plans are like..

I'd be keen for this! Won't be competing at round 4 as I CBF making the effort this time.

I'd be keen for this! Won't be competing at round 4 as I CBF making the effort this time.

oh come on man, im sure they'll sort their issues out so wont be any repeats of what happened at round 3 :)

if you need a place to store your car, plenty of room at my place...plus gotta come dwn for the after party anywayz :P

Yeah i prob wont be at round 4 ill go to prac day the week after and get track time :)

Hi, Yes as Damo said, there is one scheduled for october. Great to see plenty of people are keen. We will try to keep the cost as low as we possibly can, but due to being so close to R4 and R5, I am anticipating a few less will be able to make it, so the fee will reflect this also.

Paperwork needs to be into cams by this week for the event to be approved so Ill get to it ;) (thx for the reminder LOL)

just a quick question, are there like early bird fee's up to a cut off period or is that rounds only?

cheers

just a quick question, are there like early bird fee's up to a cut off period or is that rounds only?

cheers

Not sure at this stage. Im hoping just to have one set low fee this time to simplify things. But nothing confirmed, will have to check with the committee.