Sign in to follow this  
whiteq's

Millenium Jade s13.5 ***LXZ KRANZE'S ARE 'ERE***

You have the r34 LCA don't you? The taper spacers are not custom they simply pull of the r34 LCA. It's just a slip on. Even the wreckers don't seem to know this. Just get a gear puller or alike and pull it off the standard r34 LCA and slide them on your normal LCA taper.

Also I’m not 100% but I’m fairly sure the R34 GTR and GTT use the same brake mounts on the knuckles, infact I’m fairly sure it's the exact same knuckles. The brake mounts on the knuckles are identical to all the other knuckles from s13 to r34. The actual brake callipers have the extra long legs to cover the larger discs. I think... I know my R34 brakes all bolted up fine and currently i have s15 knuckles in the front and s13 knuckles in the rear. Every dimension on the alloy knuckles excluding the strut mount is the same.

As for cutting the sub frame i really wouldn't bother. It comes very close to the chassis rails in 4 locations as well as the centre. I would just get some spacers made up as i did. by having it flush and raising the sub frame by about 10mm from standard you're hardly making any noticeable affect. Hence why I’m opting for diftworks being 50mm.

As for the offset bushes the ones you have are 5mm offset perpendicular to the central axis fom front to back of the car (hope that makes sense) effectively making your mounting points 10mm wider than the s13 subframe. You could actually make some bushes that would move the subframe forward aswell as wider by changing the offset in two directions but you would be creating more problems.

When you fit your bushes from the bottom (correct way) you will notice they do not sit flush with the top of the subframe bush 'cup' they will sit recessed about 5mm. This means if you installl it like that due to the chassis mounting points only a section of the very lip will touch the chassis. If you make an offset spacer (10mm) which has a locating lip this will provide a perfect base at the top of the subframes mounting points allowing the chassis to mount on the entire bush not just a section of a narrow lip (hope i'm making sense you will see when you put them in). the subframe will not be lower it will be standard height as the s13 one.

To fix the rest i would suggest s13/r32 camber arms and s13 knuckles (or driftworks alike) my personal fix to these problems. But if you want to try the r34 shock adapter and alloy knuckles i hope it works out, keep us posted.

hope i made sense i'm going to bed :)

Hey there GT-RZ thanks for the feedback.... in the coming month I'm going to put the subframe up on the car and suss out all the issues and then decide about the purchase of the coilovers....

In the meantime this rocked up at my house today....

They look great quality, thanks JIS.

IMG_0431.JPG

so a little more progress now. I picked up my BNR34 GTR diff, it's a little rusty from someone leaving it out in the elements in japan, but the coupling at the tailshaft and driveshafts remain unaffected which is good. I just placed it in my s15 subframe to ensure that it all fit, you read that things fit on the net, but sometimes it doesn't work out, but this isn't one of those times, so it's all going well now.

Pretty happy with where I am at with the subframe conversion.

All I need now is the left driveshaft and the rear section of tailshaft so that i can get a custom one made up as well as the coilovers as above.

On the downside, I have been informed by Vu that my car is not working *cries* he placed it in reverse, the single plate is rattling and the clutch pedal is fully depressed and will not go back up, I though oh well since it has been sitting around for ages it was going to be a fluid issue, but unfortunately this is not the case, there is fluid in there. I've also found out now that it's always in gear, but you can change gears with the selector, but it doesn't stop the fact that the car is stuck in reverse?? I thought pivot, but now I'm thinking selector is stuffed?

Thoughts.......??

Anyway, given this issue and the fact that I need to get a custom tailshaft made up for the GTR diff, I may aswell now put the rb box in now and get the front of the shaft modded at the same time........

Which is making me think that If im going to change the box, it's easier to just take out the whole motor and then tub...... argh, modding cars ......

PICS:

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

I would maybe try bleeding the clutch first, you say it has been sitting for ages.

Doubt the selector would stuff up if it is in perfect working order before you took it into Vu

yeah I'll try the bleed, it was a cheap unknown box that i bought a while ago it wasn't Vu's fault it's mine for being cheap lol.

Rob: yeah, and that's the underside haha the top is much more rusty LOL

Hey guys, well it has been a little while since I've updated this.

The second Bride Gias has just arrived and it is in very good nick.

Unfortunately I couldn't help myself on buying it even though it had the wrong material on the seat.

I also got Jesse to send me some black bride logo material so that I can get them retrimmed.

I'm going to get a more dense foam so that the seat is more robust, I have one that is low cushion which I think that I prefer as it is low,

However the high cushion is more comfortable, so I think that when I get the new foam I'll have the best of both worlds

anyway here are some pics......

The fabric is folded up, I have enough that it fits over the entire surface of my queen size bed hahah

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

love the build mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i am currently doing the same build but swapping all my goodies into a new and improved shell. i should start a thread :thumb:

DSC_6652.jpg

This is the daily, the indicators were bought off a mate..

thats f**king hot

thanks man, yeah it was really hard to sell my first car.... oh well all good things must come to an end :(

At least I have this thing still to fill the void...

so it's been a couple of weeks and I've been a busy boy with my purchases for the car whilst it's at DT Panels for the respray...

For the last few weeks I've been ordering my parts from Hawaii, I was over there for a couple of weeks, I tell you what that's a great place to be during the Melbourne summer, it's such a great place to relax and kick it... here's a few pics of the glorious landscape that is Oahu and Maui: and a fair bit has changed since I was there in '05

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0459.jpg

and a pic that those of you that have seen the new Hawaii five-0 will be familiar with:

IMG_0492.jpg

and there is nothing there that is any good for the diet, but one of the worst place is the International House of Pancakes:

IMG_0468.jpg

I've always wanted to have a shot of NOS for my car, and whilst I don't need it or going to in fact it I can dream, here is an energy drink they sell over there:

IMG_0512.jpg

Any way on to the purchases that I've made for the car below are pics of the pair of harnesses that I bought from driftworks... great value.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

along with the harnesses I bought quite a few things from Driftworks:

IMG_0518.jpg

and a new Nardi: 330mm deep corn (perforated leather)

IMG_0522.jpg

and finally a goPro which should take some nice pics :D

IMG_0520.jpg

My next update should see me with the car back resprayed and the GP Sport DG5 coilovers that I've ordered from Jesse for my BNR34 GTR rear end conversion....

see ya for now.

toughhhh build,

love the colour :P

What do you do for a living haha ;)

Love the colour mate. There was a Millenium Jade S15 with an RB26 getting around the Gold Coast a little while back too. Such a stand out colour!

Man i love that color. What ever his job is, dosnt sound legal. hah. jk

so I got my car back today, unfortunately I now have to turn my mind to fixing the g/box issue...

But before doing that I've put this in:

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

hmmmm.... so the guilty suspect is not the gearbox it's the clutch.... but I don't know what to do with the clutch.... I took photos of the slave, as you can see it is all the way out. The facts are: The pedal feels like it has not been bled, it stays down and you need to physically bring it back up.. but it has not lost any fluid since I last drove it, the single plate is still rattling away and you can chose gears (further confirming that the clutch is permanently on.. Im thinking that it may be the pivot (although wouldn't that prevent it from being on?) or something is wrong with the slave.....

Thoughts....? It's not my area of expertise...

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

well after conferring with a mate, we think that the slave piston has come all the way out .... which is not great.... by the look of the slave it may be old, I can't remember if i got it with the car of bought it, but anyway I have decided to buy a new one from Nissan which should be here by the end of the week. As I was in a car mood I couldn't help but put these harness' in, please ignore the standard seats, the bride seats will be in soon enough...

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

It's going to look like I'm wearing a high vis vest haha

f**k man i almost built 2 covers cars before you even finished yours :P

well after conferring with a mate, we think that the slave piston has come all the way out .... which is not great.... by the look of the slave it may be old, I can't remember if i got it with the car of bought it, but anyway I have decided to buy a new one from Nissan which should be here by the end of the week. As I was in a car mood I couldn't help but put these harness' in, please ignore the standard seats, the bride seats will be in soon enough...

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

It's going to look like I'm wearing a high vis vest haha

had a bit of time today so I did this:

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Unfortunately the rails are a bit high and even with a 330mm steering wheel it's hard to fit...... :whack::wedgie:

Alrighty, well today I decided to call around locally to try and finish my jigsaw puzzle that is the GTR rear end. I have been having no success looking for a tails haft and right hand drive shaft on yahoo for the last two months. I called Osaka Imports and Paul nearly brew me off my seat shen he said that he had a complete rear end and which included everything that I needed. So I bought said items and now it'e time to do the job that I haven't been looking forward to doing, removing the bushes for the subframe risers....

I also dropped off my gtr hubs to get the drift works bushes pressed in.... so it's all going forward atm :D

IMG_0550.jpg

Good job on finding the parts you needed! Seemed like a lot of effort to get them. Jealous of the Bride's also.

So some new toys came in the mail the other day, it has taken a few days for me to update due to a very taxing competition law assignment that I'm doing at the moment, Strangely enough it has something to do with a topic that most of you will hold near and dear, the issue of petrol stations 'price signalling' each other to ensure that prices remain above a competitive level. Something that I'm sure you'll agree is a real issue......anywho, onto the photos.

IMG_0560.jpg

Oh in the above photo these are the little adapters that change the bolt hole mount for when you are running s14/15 knuckles...pretty cool

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

and they came with some breath freshener, or I assume that's what this is?! :D

IMG_0559.jpg

The disappointing bit...... I don't need these expensive optional extra's as I've found that the Greddy brakes are for the 350Z and will not bolt up even to the BNR34 rear end stuff's, disappointing to say the least.

IMG_0565.jpg

So Rob (Pink180) needed my rear coil overs for ADGP next weekend.... so we took the opportunity to take all the Ikeya Formula arms out so that I can assemble the GTR rear end out of the car and then simply transplant it all in later.....

The DG5's go nice an low (note that we have not yet put in the fronts....

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

aha! couldn't find this thread after you told me it was your car at the vineyard :lol: good to see you're still giving her some love :D

to get the car running again. So I had a ORC 409d in there, I have driven this clutch on the street in my daily s13 for a few years, however I got a Nismo Coppermix of a mate and parts slinger Athid a while back so I thought I'd put it in........

So to the problem..... it was this:

IMG_0621.jpg

I accidentally put in a twin plate carrier in with my single plate clutch OOPS.

While we were under there I took a happy snap of the trust PeTir exhaust

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0616.JPG

It was also a very nice day for a BBQ with the guys :D

IMG_0618.jpg

and a pic of it installed:

IMG_0624.jpg

And as she sits now

IMG_0628.jpg

Edited by whiteq's