Sign in to follow this  
Softy

Fishing spots in Adelaide

Josh the rod holder looks good, tho might need a guset? (spelling)

yeah I know I just had no steel rod left

Figured that might have been the case....

Im itching for a fish, roll on the weekend!!

Figured that might have been the case....

Im itching for a fish, roll on the weekend!!

Same.

Prob hitting up the Torrens again some time this weekend.

I got a fair bit on this weekend, but wouldn't mind squeezing a few hours in there somewhere.

I have an all day drink-a-thon saturday :humpleg: so will have to see how I pull up sunday as to what I get up to

the algae is getting out of control at some parts of the torrens now, to much run off and the heat causing the algal blooms, but i hit it up this morn bright and early, loving the uni holidays

heres what i got

carp1.jpg

carp2.jpg

me and my mate got about 20 all up which was good, some monsters in there which snapped a few good rigs of mine.

started at 5am and by 10 the whole bank was a thick green sludge... only managed to get a l4 lbs though..

Is that in the city?

I noticed a few weeks back a line of slimey type stuff moving from the zoo down towards the convention centre - had NO bites either.

If the city were to implement a system to keep the water flowing it would help a lot.

Mind you, carp seem to be pretty rugged fish. Wait till the day we start pulling them out with 3 eyes and 2 tails. :lol:

im amazed softy has come down with anything yet after doing the dive in the torrens ahaha

i really wanna go squiding again, had hell fun when i was actually catching them lol

Well from what i have heard it takes 1-2weeks to take affect.. so if i dispear off the face of the earth u know why.... :lol:

Anyway bed time has arrived.. BRING ON THE WEEKEND!!!

Well from what i have heard it takes 1-2weeks to take affect.. so if i dispear off the face of the earth u know why.... :lol:

shotgun your fishing gear if anything happens, well whats left of it after you lost most :P

shotgun your fishing gear if anything happens, well whats left of it after you lost most :P

dude... i have keys to his place.. u seriously think i wont clear it out before the ambos get called???? :rolleyes:

dude... i have keys to his place.. u seriously think i wont clear it out before the ambos get called???? :rolleyes:

split 50/50 and i wont tell the cops that you intently pushed him into the river to cause the algae infection to be able to take claim to his belongings :ph34r::P:lol: :lol: :lol:

i wanna go fish tonight lol

I want to test out my new shark rod....just need to fill it with line first :(

Falcons running fine again today, not any signs of blowing smoke. damn cars. so I should be driving to whyalla. guessing you want a lift nathan?

you'll be right man, I jumped in a mates green pool that hadnt been cleaned in years and swam a lap for $100 about a month ago, I'm still kicking :lol:

I want to test out my new shark rod....just need to fill it with line first :(

Falcons running fine again today, not any signs of blowing smoke. damn cars. so I should be driving to whyalla. guessing you want a lift nathan?

if possible

got petrol money and alcohol to help pay for costs :D

gonna go pick up all my stuff on sat, will have a bit more money coz im not takin the car out to lala sat night haha

I think have to invest some money into some more tackle, I havent even replace my tackle box since it got stolen. Shows how little fishing I have been doing

I think have to invest some money into some more tackle, I havent even replace my tackle box since it got stolen. Shows how little fishing I have been doing

might pop to bcf during lunch tomorrow, get in on some of there specials

wat line do u guys recommend to get for snapper? anything in particular

nathan, seriously mate. for snapper you'll need 3/0-6/0 hooks. goto big w for them.

line i'd go 20-30lb again its on the rocks so actually cheaper thicker stuff will be better so big w

nathan, seriously mate. for snapper you'll need 3/0-6/0 hooks. goto big w for them.

line i'd go 20-30lb again its on the rocks so actually cheaper thicker stuff will be better so big w

aight to easy, will do some shopping tomorrow and sat, shoulda gone tonight but been to lazy :lol:

im a fan of 5/0-8/0 hooks and Maxima or Snider line in the 25-30lb range for heavy rock fishing like this.

SNOOK. Just heard on the news there's some big snook off Seacliff.

The news is a week behind, and is a prediction on what has been caught there recently. Predatory fish like snook don't hang around that long unless they're on to a very good thing.

you'll be right man, I jumped in a mates green pool that hadnt been cleaned in years and swam a lap for $100 about a month ago, I'm still kicking twitching :lol:

Fixed your post Josh :P

Darky Mike got some huge ones last week off Brighton, real good ones. Goin out tomorrow late arvo on the boat with him (if those storms don't come in), hope we get something. Never caught a Snook.

i recommend running 20lb shimano technium and size 3/0-4/0 suicide hooks... and then learn to snell them together...

i recommend running 20lb shimano technium and size 3/0-4/0 suicide hooks... and then learn to snell them together...

snell???

snell???

Google is your friend, there's some good animation ones out there.

hey guys

wat area of the torrens are you pulling in these large carp?

is it just single hook unwaited with corn or something different ??

wanting to go have a bit of a play tomorrow

cheers kosta