Sign in to follow this  
Slidin.....S15

The iPhone Thread

9 toolbox is good - has currency converter, days until calc, unit conversion, public holiday calendar, a level, birthday reminder, and even calculates when your girlfriends period will be next. pretty useful shit. free.

lemonade tycoon is a pretty cool retro game and its free.

mafia wars is heaps slick and will tie-in to your face book account if you have one. free again.

and the official speedtest.net app is good for checking your signal strength.

Speed alert - (free) turn this app on and put your iphone somewhere in your car where it won't move; whenever you go above the preset speed limit the phone will go nuts at you

Ok this one sounds TOO good to be TRUE i dont believe this one have you tried it out?

Sounds like it would just use the GPS in the phone to determine your speed. Pretty simple app :)

OK i just quickly run through my favorite apps...

Colorsplash - Its a photo editing program where u can take colour out of the picture and put it back in certain spots.

Pano - Photo taking program which lets u take multiple photos and make them into a panoramic picture. Program makes it really easy.

Pocket Tanks - If you like the game worms its alot like that.

Peggle - Awesome game, By far one of the best games i have on my phone. Well worth the money check out reviews on youtube.

ArtCamera - Picture editing program, just lets you add effect to your photos.

Cropulator - Allows you to crop photos, i just use it when im editing photos and i want to take shit out.

Live Poker - Same poker game as the one on face book, Good way to pass some time and can get a lil addictive when u get on a roll.

Bejeweled - One of my favorite arcade games.

Touchgrind - Techdeck game, For anyone who used to f**k around with tech decks in class when you where in school its pretty fun to muck around with.

Nimbuzz - Instant messaging program that put everything into one (msn, icq, facebook, etc.)

Commbank - Good for internet banking if you with commonwealth.

iFooty - Great for soccer results.

Accuweather - What i use for my weather reports, Its ok but not always 100% accurate.

Camera - Not sure if that its full name but pretty much it adds a zoom function to the camera.

There pretty much all the good apps i have on my phone.

peggle is on iphone? holy f**king shit my life just got ruined.

good bye free time :(

peggle is on iphone? holy f**king shit my life just got ruined.

good bye free time :(

Yeah man its such a good game lol i have spent hours on it.

I'm not sure if they have it for the iPhone, but on my phone (HTC Dream - Android platform) I downloaded Ring Defense. It's like a Tower Defense game, but slightly different. Same kind of strategy involved. So bloody addictive too! The concept is more fun than standard Tower Defence too.

yeah theres about 30+ apps of tower defense style games...

lovin the basketball app hoops...

BeatMaker is a awsome beat/mixing program. You can do so much with it and is fairly easy to use.

Only prob is it's $24, but I think it's well worth the monies.

The original Myst is out on the iphone as well, brings back so many memories that one.

urbanspoon : points out local resturuants

ishoot : simiular to worms

bubblewrap : pop some bubble wrap before the timer runs out, see if you can beat your mates

shazam : will listen to a song and tell u the artist name and song name

minesweeper : minesweeper

gas tycoon : link the pipes so the gas runs to the houses

zombie attack : set up turrets to defend zombies from smashing your house (not a tower defence)

imafia : become a mafia, do jobs, kill other bosses and buy real estate

ichess : play a game of chess

mazefinger : guide ur finger through a maze

BeatMaker is a awsome beat/mixing program. You can do so much with it and is fairly easy to use.

Only prob is it's $24, but I think it's well worth the monies.

The original Myst is out on the iphone as well, brings back so many memories that one.

Yeah i got beat maker... Its fukkin sick and you can do some awsome stuff with it but i dont have wifi at home so i havent had a chance to upload some of my own samples which im sure would make it much more enjoyable.

This is a real good video which convinced me to get beat maker...

I really wish I got an iPhone over my HTC Dream :( :( :(

As much as I absolutely hated the iPhone when it came out, you've got to admit, it's pretty damn good! I just love the power of it.

As much as I absolutely hated the iPhone when it came out, you've got to admit, it's pretty damn good! I just love the power of it.

Im with you there dan... At first i wasnt a fan and i was like i refuse to join the clan of sheep. Then i got a hold of my mates and it took 5 mins for me to fall in luv.

Im with you there dan... At first i wasnt a fan and i was like i refuse to join the clan of sheep. Then i got a hold of my mates and it took 5 mins for me to fall in luv.

I was the same, didn't like Apple at all but the more I heard/seen about the iphone the more it convinced me to buy one. It honestly is the best phone i've used in terms of it being able to do everything.

Just hanging for 3.0 to be released so I can have MMS again, I got the Beta3.0 atm, has few new features like cut/copy/paste, voice recorded etc.. but no MMS enabled... yet, I want MMS more than anything though.

Another good game I just found was "Sway", good fun and there's a lite version.

Iphone FTW!

I was the same, didn't like Apple at all but the more I heard/seen about the iphone the more it convinced me to buy one. It honestly is the best phone i've used in terms of it being able to do everything.

Just hanging for 3.0 to be released so I can have MMS again, I got the Beta3.0 atm, has few new features like cut/copy/paste, voice recorded etc.. but no MMS enabled... yet, I want MMS more than anything though.

Iphone FTW!

Where did you get the Beta 3.0?? does your phone need to be unlocked/unbricked to use it?

Iphone FTW!

Where did you get the Beta 3.0?? does your phone need to be unlocked/unbricked to use it?

I'm signed up to the developers program, it costs about $100 and you get all the software to make apps, only prob is you need a mac to use the program.

BOM Radar: Rain forecasts (Winter is near)

Appsniper: See what apps are on special and free apps

IM Lite: Msn on iphone

Mobile Usage for Optus: Dunno how accurate it is and dont know why i got it? (Timeless 129 FTW)

3PtHoops: Awesome bball shooting game

iShoot: Like Tanks

Flight Control: Addictive as hell

Last but not least JAILBREAK, puts iPhone into a whole new league!

what excatly does jail breaking let the phone do?

I got wolfenstein on the iphone... its the best

It basically allows you to use ALLL of the possible features of the phone.

I guess a good analogy would be to say that when it's not jailbroken, that it would be like not having admin rights on your PC and being limited as to what you can do..?

It basically allows you to use ALLL of the possible features of the phone.

I guess a good analogy would be to say that when it's not jailbroken, that it would be like not having admin rights on your PC and being limited as to what you can do..?

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

For instance, I'm not running firmware 3.0, but I've had MMS, landscape text messaging and numerous other features since January.

Apple have a pretty strict quality control policy when it comes to apps being allowed on the app store. If the proposed application pushes into areas that Apple themselves are in (landscape messaging and MMS, or GPS functionality) then it's unlikely they'll let the developer sell it through the app store.

So they release it for jailbroken iPhones.

It just means the phone's hacked so people can write anything for it.

Hoops Basketball - Its free, and addictive as, pretty much the same basketball game as you use to play at timezone....im guessing its the same as 3pt hoops.

Anyone know whats a good gps program? something that will alert me to speed/red light cameras as well etc?

Im yet to find a function that I want to use that is only possible through jailbreaking so i havent done it yet.

what i WOULD like to see though is a program that allows me to access my home network via the internet, remote in to my PC and start torrents. if there was such an app on a jailbroken phone, I would be all over that.

OMG.

No one has mentioned:

Dynolicious ($15, worth every cent): Full dyno program that uses the iPhone accelerometer to record kw's/hp, quarter times. Has G sensor as well like teh 34 and 35 GTR's. Very fun in a gravel carpaprk haha :lol: Even makes a graph. It's awesome and VERY accurate.

just got a few questions about the app's

1. How do the Dyno apps measure the power of the car?

2. Are these apps compatable with the iTouch?

Hoops Basketball - Its free, and addictive as, pretty much the same basketball game as you use to play at timezone....im guessing its the same as 3pt hoops.

Anyone know whats a good gps program? something that will alert me to speed/red light cameras as well etc?

Trapster is an awesome app where it uses a basic gps system like the standard iphone one, but marked on the map are police hiding spots, red light cameras, speed cameras etc which are updated live by users like me or yourself. If you see the cops you just touch on the map to put in a marker. This will be seen by everybody with trapster, and other users can confirm the presence of police at the site.

So when you want to make a long trip for instance, you put in your two locations, and whenever you come up to a possible police hiding spot or a user inputted speed trap then you will receive an alert on your iphone.

The more active users the better the system works so get your friends onto it!

Im yet to find a function that I want to use that is only possible through jailbreaking so i havent done it yet.

what i WOULD like to see though is a program that allows me to access my home network via the internet, remote in to my PC and start torrents. if there was such an app on a jailbroken phone, I would be all over that.

No need to jailbreak.

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=8387

And if you forward TCP port 3389 on your router to the IP address of the PC then you'll be able to control it from anywhere over the net, as long as you remember the IP address your ISP gives your ADSL connection.

Although, if you have XP or Vista Home editions this will be useless. For that you'll need to install RealVNC on your PC and then get the VNC client for your iPhone. Either way, remote PC control is possible.

Here's one good reason to jailbreak, even after the 3.0 update:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/iblueto...s-working-.html

I would beet money Apple won't enable all Bluetooth profiles since that would open the door for ringtone and MP3 sharing with other phones, something they really don't want. So if hackers can do it, I'll continue to jailbreak.

No need to jailbreak.

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=8387

And if you forward TCP port 3389 on your router to the IP address of the PC then you'll be able to control it from anywhere over the net, as long as you remember the IP address your ISP gives your ADSL connection.

Although, if you have XP or Vista Home editions this will be useless. For that you'll need to install RealVNC on your PC and then get the VNC client for your iPhone. Either way, remote PC control is possible.

Here's one good reason to jailbreak, even after the 3.0 update:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/iblueto...s-working-.html

I would beet money Apple won't enable all Bluetooth profiles since that would open the door for ringtone and MP3 sharing with other phones, something they really don't want. So if hackers can do it, I'll continue to jailbreak.

Thanks. got it working on my wireless network but cant seem to establish a connection while using 3G, not sure why, maybe timeout? i dont have great reception at home.

Thanks. got it working on my wireless network but cant seem to establish a connection while using 3G, not sure why, maybe timeout? i dont have great reception at home.

Did you take any steps to open up the ports on your router?

If you're using Remote Desktop, you need to forward TCP port 3389 to your PC's IP address in the router configuration screen.

Then go to a website like www.whatismyip.com and write down the external IP address of your connection.

Once you've done that, the external IP address is what you use to connect to the PC. Since you're using 3G instead of Wifi, you won't be able to connect using the PC's direct (internal) IP address. This is also true if you're sitting in your house but have Wifi turned off since the connection is still going out to the internet before coming back inside your home.

Yeah i didnt realise i had to use the modem IP instead of the IP from my router. all sorted now.

have 2 entries in there, one for when im on the LAN and one for when im out. tested it from maccas today and works good enough :)

TrueLocal - for finding local business' (mainly bottleshops on the way home)

OzWeather - perfect weather app

True North - for finding north lol i think i'm the only person that would need this app (lazy app for finding what way to face the solar :P)

FieldRunners - tower defense game

FlightControl - runway touchscreen game

2XL Supercross - supercross game

Flashlight - flashlight app

IceTV - tv guide

ABC - as in www.abc.net.au news music etc etc

Tripview - bus timetables and train etc etc

St. George - finding atms and online banking

WifiTrak - for hunting down wifi.....

Hockey - hockey news etc etc

Shazam - perfect for listening to a song and tell u the artist name and song name by recording a part of it and looking for it

thats what i have on mine anyway

Flight control is quite good.

critter crunch is a REALLY polished game with good graphics and gameplay, and its only $1.20. I was amazed at how good it is, they could easily charge $5 for it.

there's a game i was playing on a mates iphone called Geo Defense.

awesome game! kinda like turrent defense etc.