Sign in to follow this  
-Del-

You and Your Bike

My current bike. an 02 GSXR 600 Yoshi exhaust tinted screen running on Pirelli tires. currently 24,000km

n586961606_1253004_5765.jpg

packed and ready for my 3500km in 9 days.. from Adelaide to Phillip Island, around Victoria Reefton spur, Black spur etc then back to Adelaide via Great Ocean Rd.

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

a few hitch hikers... 150km of travel..

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

my previous bike, 1999 ZX6R Ninja 600!

yoshi exhaust tinted screen Bridgestone tires

IMG_1895.JPG

n586961606_346136_4181.jpg

n586961606_844780_4235.jpg

my first bike i cant find a picture of online, but mine was the same as this and had black rims.

Kawasaki%20GPX250R%2087.jpg

my toy

n586961606_847478_9751.jpg

and some other bikes ive had the joy to ride recently.

Can-Am Spyder 990cc Rotax engine from an Aprilia ST

4257_93939791606_586961606_2342159_1003482_n.jpg

4257_93941201606_586961606_2342215_7010943_n.jpg

yamaha WRF450

3282_86484461606_586961606_2245803_375223_n.jpg

3282_86484641606_586961606_2245837_1655487_n.jpg

3282_86486486606_586961606_2245903_114606_n.jpg

56 views.. and no replies.. yet i know there is many riders on these forums..

tad disappointing..

i sold my bike, cant ride for another 4 months, 2 weeks and 3 days... and then i need to buy a bike too..

I don't have a bike at the moment, but the last bike i loaned was a GSXR750 that pretty much looked exactly like Del's 600. Awesome bike but it was a bit 'heavy' for me to get it leaning onto my knees.

I used to have a Yamaha FZR250RR, and what can i say. It was by FAR the best 250 i ever rode. Really quick, extremely nimble and with my Yoshi exhaust it sounded awesome at 12000RPM!

I'm so disappointed i lost all my photo's of that bike though.

It looked like this, but i had a better exhaust and bigger brakes:

20090416144031620400.jpg

big fan of the smaller capacity bikes.. id love a VFR400... or a VRF400... hmmmmmm

i do not have a road bike as of yet its on the list, but i am a dirty bike whore :lol: current bike rm250 suzuki Motovert 125 pitty to practice new shiz and for when we are paro couple of nifty 50's and a couple of part bikes in pieces, been thru and sold 2 other bikes already in the past 12 months due to molestation, will get fotos up asap just took new ones last night.

im currently looking at a 350cc yamaha quad to leave down at my beach shack... could be an interesting additive to my bike family :D

im currently looking at a 350cc yamaha quad to leave down at my beach shack... could be an interesting additive to my bike family :D

after going overseas and doing quadbiking in the hills (only 250cc) i have been really keen to get a quick quad went down sussed them at Yamaha and the 1ns they had down there that i seen, i thought to myself only bad things will happen on 1 of these thats why it would be perfect for me maybe after tax time they r a bit more coin than ure regular dirty.

yeah this wont be a sports quad.. more of an ag quad.. get a lot of 4x4 roads where i am which have awesome fishing! so.. thinking the quad will help my subaru out a bit ;)

if you want a kick arse quad get a banshee! 350cc two stroke.. lifts the front wheels v/easy! hahha so much fun on those things!

my brother in law has 5 quads of various sizes from 50-350cc for him my sister and their kids. so thinking ill leave my quad at his place as well.. only 7km of out back dirt road to get to my shack from the shed..

I have an '07 CBR600RR, Two Brothers Racing Exhaust, '08 suspension installed and a few other little goodies.... Its my baby, i love it!

Ive attached some pics from before and after my accident last year. Bike has since been fixed and ride her everychance i get, need to treat her to some new shoes... Thinkin michys are definately the go...

IMAGE_044.jpg

I have an 2008 R1... Its standard at the moment unfortunantly... All i have done is powder coated the rear sets black... looks much much nicer... oh and ive removed the stickers that the bike shop put on it when they sold it to me...

only things i have in mind for it is a tail tidy and an akrapovic system.

here are some pics before i had the rearsets done:

nbr1002.jpg

nbr1001.jpg

and a couple of boring videos

will get some pics of the black rear sets so you can compare...

• Upvote 1

unforutnately im never at home to put up pictures but Ive got a

- 1993 Honda CB250

- red with white wheels.

- now up to 52000km - had 27000 when i got it 3 years ago.

- has a ventura rack on the back which i have mounted a big box to so thati can carry a weeks worth of shopping.

anyway story on it, never sold it as i love the fact that i get over 400km to a tank of just 13 litres. cant really be bothered getting anything bigger because if i wanted something faster then i would buy another car.

i sold my s14a to save money on car costs, and a bigger bike would just cost as much as a car would.

use the bike everyday to get to work and the bike would have paid for itself in its first year of use.

best investment i have ever bought.

My little sister is at Eastern Creek today on her new ZX10R with modded ECU and Yoshi pipe... She's a nut!!!!!

When the biatch teaches me to ride i'll get a bike and see what damage you can do :P

i have a gpx250 as well im saving up for a triumph sprint 1050...

i only have a pic of it before i resprayed it green

25042008037_001_1_.jpg

this is my vfr400. it's not techically on the lams list but oh well.

i like the bike but at 125kg, i need something with a bit more grunt. so in feb it'll be going to make way for something bigger.

layed it down on my driveway on thursday, little crack in the screen and some scratches on the fairing. so i'm thinking a new colour scheme, satin black with some blue on it somwhere, and blue wheels?

edit- it's not letting up upload a pic. i'll try later, it's red and black though

i have a gpx250 as well im saving up for a triumph sprint 1050...

i only have a pic of it before i resprayed it green

25042008037_001_1_.jpg

Mate that is exactly the same as my bike, i just have different tires and a smaller front sprocket (obviously you cant see that)

Andrew from Adelaide, I just got my first big bike its a 2006 yamaha r6.

so far just has a pipe and rear cowel. Next pay im getting a tail tidy for it.

here is a pic too

5848_145214273625_710498625_3386048_7190077_n.jpg

'09 Suzuki DRZ400 Supermotard, Acerbis bark busters, DRZ E exhaust, tail tidy/fender eliminator.

Awesome fun, saving up for a Yoshi full system and then getting it dynoed and rejetted. Awesome fun as is though, love hooning around town on it.

Hope theres more supermoto riders in SA

Missus and I just got our learners for bikes. Pretty easy really to get L's, had to go to the council and pay $26 each, fill in a form and show drivers license (benefits of living in the country).

She now has a new Piaggio Fly125, I have not found anything yet.

Any recommendations for a bike good on sand, but also reliable on the road?

Live in SA but classified as "remote" - so no ride safe course.

Pretty scary jumping on a bike with very basic instructions, riding on sand, falling off every time you take a corner. That's on a '92 yamaha 250cc kick start model, with road tyres <_>

Going out again this weekend on my mates sons bike, see how I go then.

Pretty scary jumping on a bike with very basic instructions, riding on sand, falling off every time you take a corner. That's on a '92 yamaha 250cc kick start model, with road tyres <_>

Even though you don't have to, i would highly recommend the Rider Safe courses. Did you at least get all the booklets/dvd's?

Any recommendations for a bike good on sand, but also reliable on the road?

Suzuki DRZ 400 E

plenty enough grunt, great learner bike, no servicing hassles (first one at 1000km, and then every 5000, but if you're like me i change my oil and filter every 2000).

they are a great entry level endure bike, and because of the long service intervals make a great commuter. Best value for money under 10k

Even though you don't have to, i would highly recommend the Rider Safe courses. Did you at least get all the booklets/dvd's?

No booklets or DVD's, or ridesafe course for 600kms, so just going to learn with mates. I can see the value in it, but with a dozen cars on the roads during peak hour it's pretty good to head out with friends and get instruction.

Martin_HR31 taking this exact bike out this weekend, the Suzuki DRZ 400 E, and a 150 something. Think these are about 8k or so? Mate got it in a deal because he bought two bikes, so I think he paid about 7k, but it is lighter than the bike I took out last time and has the right tyres :yes: Someone stacked on it about 3 times last weekend so it already has the battle scars.

My R6 which I have owned forever and a day now.

Was going to buy a car originally with the money but wanted more of a toy....

DSC00279.JPG

Just Bought My First Bike, 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250, in the black...

Still waiting for the dealer to release the bike to me, hopefully will be tomorrow :)

Havent even Picked it up yet and Ive been looking at potential Mods for the bike... Any Suggestions? Apart from a set of Pipes? There already going on within a Week of purchase.

Having Sold my GPX250, I have just bought a Ducati Monster 620ie

Still on my P's so I bought this because it is a LAMS approved bike...

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

Heres my bike, the trusty Honda CB400SF-S. Got it for a bargain at a shop in really really good condition, near new and the thing is 11 years old now. Its only got about 15,000km on it and so far I have added the screen, gold grill,, painted he manifold black and recently bought a carbon muffler (not pictures). I also dropped it while doing mainentace, so the tank has a bit of a dent. oops.

Its only a 400cc but its good for the streets of Tokyo where a well balanced, lighter bike is essential for the constant lane filtering you do, plus its alright for touring also.

I would give a picture, but for somereason nissansilvia.com has a problem with me linking from facebook, so f**k it, you go without :(