Sign in to follow this  
rob7string

My CA finally passed 300kw

Congratulations on the result mate, Sam had talked with me about you car on numerous occasions always calling me with updates each time you made changes and then more power.

I think it had 235rwkw when it had GTR injectors is that correct? I believe this was the most power he had got out of a CA with GTR injectors, that was until he retuned mine on a trip to Coffs Harbour where he surprised himself with mine going 236rwkw with a small GT28RS .64. I believe mine is now the most powerful CA he has tuned with GTR injectors, it has also since made 244rwkw on same dyno with a little more boost, with no detonation and AFRs in the high 11's.

Again Congratulations, and a video would be good, get Sam to do another power run and film it. :):)

I honestly dont remember that far back. Last time we had 285kw but i think that was with the 550cc RX7 injectors. I wanna push it more, but i have still got the stock rods so its a big risk, but im still very tempted to try to pass 350kw ;)

I gotta take some wheels back to him so when i do i'll see if we can do a quick run and film it.

Good to hear your car is still going strong.

Congratulations on the result mate, Sam had talked with me about you car on numerous occasions always calling me with updates each time you made changes and then more power.

I think it had 235rwkw when it had GTR injectors is that correct? I believe this was the most power he had got out of a CA with GTR injectors, that was until he retuned mine on a trip to Coffs Harbour where he surprised himself with mine going 236rwkw with a small GT28RS .64. I believe mine is now the most powerful CA he has tuned with GTR injectors, it has also since made 244rwkw on same dyno with a little more boost, with no detonation and AFRs in the high 11's.

Again Congratulations, and a video would be good, get Sam to do another power run and film it. :):)

I honestly dont remember that far back. Last time we had 285kw but i think that was with the 550cc RX7 injectors. I wanna push it more, but i have still got the stock rods so its a big risk, but im still very tempted to try to pass 350kw ;)

I gotta take some wheels back to him so when i do i'll see if we can do a quick run and film it.

Good to hear your car is still going strong.

Yeah mines still going strong, 244rwkw and has now run an 11.93 @ 115mph so I am happy with that. Sam wants me to put an external gate on my current setup and see what we can push out of it with the GT28RS .64 on it, he wants to see over 250rwkw. I am going to make a few small changes to the intake and cooler pipes, fit some falcon thermo fans and see if we can push 250rwkw with the turbo internal gated. That would be very impressive. All this and it has full boost by 3500rpm and over 200rwkw at 4000rpm.

When you see Sam next ask him to show you my dvd footage of my car, I sent it to him this week, he should have received it today if not Monday. Has me competing at drags, motorkhanas on tar and grass and also hillclimbs.

MIGHTY figures for a CA.. dang!

i saw this car when i was getting my car tuned at sam's

i didn't believe him when he said it was 300KW+ CA :lol:

well played.

thats massive power out of a ca! well done, would be a handful in the wet :P

out of curiosity anyone know what the most powerful ca18 in aus lays down?

Yeah i saw same put your car on the dyno when I had my car tuned by him last week. The thing sounded like a monster when Dr Drift took it for a drive.

Very impressive indeed.

Good work Dr Drift

Can you handle all those horses?

Still trying to get used to it, i dont think i will ever drive it in the wet though :wacko:

must be awesome to drive mate, nice work

i remember seeing this sams one night a while back, looks tough as! it has possibly the toughest idle i have ever heard, must have some big cams : )! good work!

There some awesome results, congrats.

I love the way this car drives... and no Rob, we are not trying 350 rwkw on stock rods... well maybe, but I'm nervous already!

THATS INSANE!

GO the CAs!

Wish mine was like this....

E85 it and go for 400!! why wont anyone listen to me???? :lol:

CA18DET FTMFW ! ! !

Very Nice! Some mexican spec offset :lol: needs some guard rolling or some lippage.

My CA18DET could use some magic from Dr Drift... :wub:

E85 it and go for 400!! why wont anyone listen to me???? :lol:

Standard rods maybe...

When are we goona see 400+ from your 'build a ca for the price of a house' budget? lol..

Yep very good result for you..

Neil, you need to put your car back together first lol :zip:

lol...all in due time. i want to make sure it doesnt break when i do put out those figures..

Very Nice! Some mexican spec offset :lol: needs some guard rolling or some lippage.

We already flared the rear guards over a year or so ago for this. just needs camber and lowering.

Nice work!!

300kw + on a ca is awesome work :)

if u wanted mind could i see specs on ur engine??

nice work :)

thats huge power figure. i wonder wat it would drive like :lol::lol:

+1 post up some pics of the engine bay

well if 340kw isn't excuse enough to fit a wide body kit and 315 Tyres then I don't know what is.

I dont really understand why this thread has been moved to 'Hard Tuned' Members rides (theres only 2 cars in that section??) Thanks for making my thread difficult to find!

Also, this isnt all about my car, its just to show my milestone. If i wanted this to go in members rides i would of done a write up on the car from start to finish!

Not happy with the Mod and the decision to move my thread. :angry:

awesome work.

could ya post up a list of all the parts used to achieve such results. interested in the turbo your running.

this is in the wrong section, it should either be in NS members rides or NS general car chat.

impressive result, well done

love how this car looks! awesome power figure aswell.

but as mentioned could use some camber or widebody to fit them badboys properly.