Sign in to follow this  
180d

car wont rev above 4k

hey people need some help here

got car back few days ago now it wont rev above 4000rpm acts like its hitting rev limiter or cooler piping has burst off but that dosnt seem to be the problem,

it will rev all the way when its not in gear but under load it just has a fit, also after reving most of the time it will stall, also starting the engine isnt the same anymore used to be alot faster and sound better now i have to give it a little throttle

besides all that when im just driving around it seems to run fine,

so things iv gone over 2 times

cooler piping

vac hoses

plugs on the engine loom

could it be:

tune has been lost?

boost controller

timing

any ideas would be awesome i would take it to a tuner or something but money is owning me now

cheers kyle

specs on the car

manual,

t2871rs

front mount

740cc injectors

power fc

044 fuel pump

greddy profec b 2 boost controller

sounds like an afm problem i had before

Its most likely your Air Flow computer. Play around with the hot wire adjustments, maybe try bringing down the expected air thats going in.

I had exactly the same problem when my Apexi computer had a high setting for the amount of air comming in. Wouldnt rev past 3,500.

Hope this helps. If not, chuck it on a dyno to get tuned maybe?

air flow meter..

na he runs dejetro so has map sensor, which is something else i sujested.

its very weird kyle and deff sounds air related not mechanical so either a vac line or cooler line, i know you said you had gone over everything though so unless there is something wrong with the map sensor? or air temp sensor?.

trent got his dyno fixed by the way so if you wanted to book it in and stick it on there we might be able to find out whats going on.

and when you say sounds different do you mean tapping in engine bay or exhaust note?

also wouldnt mind chucking in either a genuine nissan or a nismo thermostat and see what happends

sounds different in the note on idle, but we fixed that today by a fiddle with the CAS,

yea will chuck in the thermostat i got today was a genuine nissan so we will see how it goes if not ill call trent and book it in

cheers

If you keep your foot into it the revs just keep dropping?

Played with your boost controller lately? You might find the 1 of the lines have come off to the solenoid.