Sign in to follow this  
AXTX

Things to do in melb.

Hey guys,

Im going to be in melb over the weekend, going to be staying near chapple street (dosnt mean much to me) or something with a a friend and their family, any nice pubs to go to and grab a drink at or anything? any placeses close by to check out the car scene or hot spots near the city or something?

first time really out of Adelaide, I wanna see what the fuss is about :D

hmmm you need a place to drink and your staying need chapple street. think your gonna be right with that one mate ;)

just search for it in the search engine, theres been like 5 topics on this lol

hahah Yeah i know search.. search... but thought some might be 'out dated'

as i say, comming from a boring city, to something big, wanna enjoy it :D

lol f.e

well chapel street on a friday/saturday is always good, or crown to gamble your life away.

if you want to go to a night club, be there before 10, as after 10 they hardley let in any guys so if you and your mates wanna have some fun get to a club early or else take like 30girls to get in rofl.

Also how dangerous is it typa thing can you walk around at night typa thing.. in Adelaide, walk around near the city at night kinda asking for trouble

are thing open till 9 (like shopping center places)

uuhh depends if you stare at ppl you might have an issue on your hands lol.

+ destinations arnt that hard to get to like if you take a taxi it would cost you like 10bucks from chapel to crown.

lol i dont go into the city much, not really a fan

Also how dangerous is it typa thing can you walk around at night typa thing.. in Adelaide, walk around near the city at night kinda asking for trouble

are thing open till 9 (like shopping center places)

Dude Chapel St and just about every street that comes off it has bars/clubs/pubs. Theres hundreds of them.

If you get sick of that area its 3min down the road to St Kilda, which is also full of bars/restaurants/clubs and Luna Park if you want to throw up what you have been drinking on a rollercoaster. Then you have the city which is like 10min from Chapel St, so plenty of options locally for you.

Keep an eye out though a lot of the nice bars in Melbourne you stumble across as there up hidden stairways or random alleys/streets.

Yes general shops are open late, supermarkets and bottle shops are generally open to midnight or 24hr. Shopping centres stay open to 9pm every Thursday and Friday.

You wont get in a fight unless you look for it. There are lots of dickheads looking for fights but dont spur them on or give them a reason to mouth off and you will be right.

If u wanna check out the car scene then Princess hwy on Fri/Sat night is not too far.

mate don't even think about going outside in the streets past 10.30.

there's a sudanese gang and a vietnamese gang that fight every night and you might get caught in the crossfire.

trust me. just stay inside. once it gets dark in melbourne you wanna be safe indoors.

on a lighter note just stay on chapel street to see nice cars and also wannabes doing "chap laps" as mentioned earlier. also keep an eye out in the vic section for events etc that might come up while you're here.

take like 30girls to get in rofl.

if i had 30 girls the last thing i would be doing is going to a club.

*imagination runs wild *drools**

souki im always down chaple how cum i dont see ur beast down there man!! LoL

take like 30girls to get in rofl.

if i had 30 girls the last thing i would be doing is going to a club.

*imagination runs wild *drools**

rofl!!!

souki im always down chaple how cum i dont see ur beast down there man!! LoL

ahhaha man i went chapel once on a cruise with a few mates it wasnt too bad but havnt been since..

the aquarium or the zoo!!

lol

chapel for you would be the closest place to check out cars, but you wont be seeing many imports, probably all comowhores. Heaps of bars on chapel, and if you want some place a little quiter you can check out Toorak road which is off chapel, it has some nice restaurants and coffee joints.

During the day chapel is good for shopping, also has Jam Factory (cinemas) and a kebab joint which is always handy.