Sign in to follow this  
FURBY

Stock R33 Boost Questions

Ok here is the situation

Have a Series 2 R33 only power mod is 3 inch dump and straight through to JunBL box.

What is the factory boost on a stock setup? Should be a bit more because of the dump.

Second question is what is the actuator pressure on a Rb25 turbo?

Now is it possible to remove the boost restrictor safely and run a constant say 12ish pounds?

I have done this before on a 32 GTR and run it off the actuator pressure and it runs a constant 1 bar of boost all the time but wondering if it will work on a RB25?

Cheers Furbinator

Ok here is the situation

Have a Series 2 R33 only power mod is 3 inch dump and straight through to JunBL box.

What is the factory boost on a stock setup? Should be a bit more because of the dump.

Second question is what is the actuator pressure on a Rb25 turbo?

Now is it possible to remove the boost restrictor safely and run a constant say 12ish pounds?

I have done this before on a 32 GTR and run it off the actuator pressure and it runs a constant 1 bar of boost all the time but wondering if it will work on a RB25?

Cheers Furbinator

factory boost is 5 Psi to 4.5k than 7

hmm i know when my EBC wasnt working it ran at about 7-8 PSI so i assume that's what it will run at and i have Front mount and 3 inch exhaust as well

rb25 actuator is 5psi - your "low boost". it is then solenoid controlled to 7psi - "high boost". if you want more, try the rb20 actuator which is a 10psi thang use it without the solenoid. with your dump and zorst and stuff you should be running approx 9psi anyway