Sign in to follow this  
phunky_monkey

Track S series

Far out Matt, that is really moving!

The fish hook is amazing. The amount of grip you have through there is incredible. It just kept turning in and lets you put the power down as well. I reckon you made a second or so just there!!

Great driving and congrats.

I reckon it was that monkey dance Matt did towards the end of the lap that did it. :hypo:

Edited by WOY

Far out Matt, that is really moving!

The fish hook is amazing. The amount of grip you have through there is incredible. It just kept turning in and lets you put the power down as well. I reckon you made a second or so just there!!

Great driving and congrats.

time came from a better set of tyres, i was going faster somewhat through turn 8 on my 1:03 lap.

yes it has the fuel tank in the passenger footwell Wayne, sure that would go down well with the rozza's....... it's an ice box sir :)

Not sure how to embed using this tablet, but here's a clip from a tuning day yesterday here in WA.

my best lap on the day was a 1:06:86 - a new PB, with room for improvement!

Hats off to Under Suzuki for reaching a new PB...

TSB12-011.jpg

From the SH article - "His goal has always been to dip into the 53-seconds, and that is precisely what he did. His 53.638 sec, achieved in his third outing, is the best time ever to be recorded at a Super Battle event, just managing to beat the 53.673 sec record the Revolution FD3S set back in 2010. Needless to say he was extremely happy with his result. But if you think that he’ll be hanging up the towel now, you are wrong; next obvious goal is to beat Taniguchi’s time of 53.589 sec that was set in the HKS CT230R, the overall record for a tuned car at Tsukuba. It’s just so close, and with the Battle Evome series kicking off in January, he will have four other chances this season to attempt it." (http://www.speedhunt...a-super-battle/)

Still makes you think what the HKS car could do now after a few more years development doesn't it.

Makes you wonder will suzuki awaken a sleeping giant when he does finally beat it??

I sure hope so! =)

What an effort by Scorch!!!

Perhaps Nemo should go to Tsukuba...

Would be gay as aids if nemo went there.

It's like comparing a v8 supercar with an endless budget and stuff up against a 1 man team and whatever he can make or buy.

Under should be congratulated for even making it that far to the record, he almost has the lap record which was set by nOb in a car built by a Race team and is said accused of cheating with non compliant tyres.

Would be gay as aids if nemo went there.

It's like comparing a v8 supercar with an endless budget and stuff up against a 1 man team and whatever he can make or buy.

Under should be congratulated for even making it that far to the record, he almost has the lap record which was set by nOb in a car built by a Race team and is said accused of cheating with non compliant tyres.

Not comparing Nemo to just Scorch, the convo was about the HKS EVO. HKS/Cyber/Revolution are not 1 men teams!

Nemo is a super impressive car with loads of innovation and brain power behind the whole build. But its not a "tuner" car imo take it to pikes peak where it'll be competing with its peers. I'd like to see nemo with a modified evo body rather than a roll cage with some sort of evo looking panels hung off it to truly fit into the class.

/end rant :)

Nemo is a super impressive car with loads of innovation and brain power behind the whole build. But its not a "tuner" car imo take it to pikes peak where it'll be competing with its peers. I'd like to see nemo with a modified evo body rather than a roll cage with some sort of evo looking panels hung off it to truly fit into the class.

Agreed!

Totally agree

Nemo is a tube chassis with a standard floor

Now when u compare it to the cyber Evo

The cyber Evo is still a standard chassis with a roll cage built inside it

Are the Japanese tuner rules stricter than ours, do they even have 'rules'? Isn't the Revolution RX7 a tube chassis car with an RX7 body over it?

Anyway, not that I give a rats, but until they clarify the rules, the Nemo car is allowed to drive and I'd like to see what it could do.

I'd like to see it too John, the only thing I'm scared of is that if companies cannot win with cars that do fit the "tuner car" category which is time attack it might stop them spending all the time/money coming over to compete. The RX7 was in the same boat just that it didn't win so forum whingers like myself didn't complain about it.

Very keen to see what the tilton car can knock out with their drive train working properly. Very keen to see the scorch car back with proper full under body aero cause last year it had stuff all. Keen to see the MCA incar with a telemetry overlay cause from the WTAC DVD incar honestly made unders car look slow down the straight. Through turn one is some seriously scary shit in that car hats off to Earl Bamber.

I think the only "rule" is that the car needs to retain/modify the standard chassis for it to be a tuner car.

What power was Scorch making? He was running 2bar boost, through a GTX of some sort (3076?) so you'd expect at least 400rwk?? So how much power were MCA making?

You should find most of the power figures on the time attack website i believe.

What power was Scorch making? He was running 2bar boost, through a GTX of some sort (3076?) so you'd expect at least 400rwk?? So how much power were MCA making?

MCA ( i wonder what made the other cars look slow down the straight - the MCA car has fewer ponies so it must all be about corner speed):

IMG_35231.jpg

Edited by K-Style

I think scorch is running a gtx35