Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Wisdom teeth

ive had all 4 of mine out. decided straight off to have it done in hospital under anesthetic than sit in a dentist chair... f**k that. first few days will suck, but after that just take it a bit easy eating within a week of the surgery i was fine.

ive still got my wisdom teeth in the cupboard somewhere...

least u got all ya sick leave still pervy :P

ill try and b nice to ya while in pain hehe

Yep one good thing about me never being sick.

Have a shit load of sick leave saved up :P

i had about 8 teeth removed when i was about 14 so i could get braces. its not too bad i guess. you will be all swollen and wont be able to eat normally for a while but over all its not too bad. i lived on a diet of custard and apple sauce for a about a week.

ive had 2 removed previuosly before today that were quite easily removed. today i had a lower impacted (growing sideways) done in thye chair at my dentist. the thing took ages to get out. he pushed the shit out of it before he gave up cut the f**kin thing and then pushed and pulled dome more. my face kills. i cantr swallow. ive been drooling blood for the past 6 hours as i cant spit, but i also cant swallow, cant eat. cant drink, cant talk, my face is swollen. but other than im bloody great hahaha. ow it hurts to smile lol.

im f**kinhg hungry!!!!!!!!!

so dont worry bud notthing to be concerned about hahahahaha. good luck with it.

custard for the win

Had all four of mine done last year, day surgery was in and out in 3 hrs. Went home and had a steak, the trick to eating solids is cutting it small enough put it on your tongue and swallow like a duck.

The biggest problems I had was two dry clots and the stitches not dissolving fast enough, as the swelling went down the stitches just got tighter and tighter hurt like hell.

The dry clots were annoying as it left holes in my gums exposing my jaw bone along with the empty holes. Made for a fun game of operation when food got stuck in my jaw bone <_>

Ended up 6 or 700 out of pocket, health insurance covered the the rest something like 3k.

i have 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth and im lucky to not need them removed. by the sounds of it, its not an enjoyable experience on any level.

there are worse surgeries. wisdom teeth are a piece of piss as long as you keep taken the painkillers...

when i had mine done i went home where my sister and her 4 f**king feral kids were stayin too. i pretty much locked myself in my room so i didnt have to face them.

My sister had 4 taken out in a private hospital, put under. She came out pretty bad, massive face and really groggy for a few days after. I think she had a mild reaction to the anesthetic that made it worse.

I think I'd prefer a local and have it done while concious if possible but hers were deep in the gum so she had to be knocked out

I was actually surprised cos I had barely any facial swelling at all. A mate I used to work with had his out and his face swelled up like a balloon :S

If anyone in QLD needs a surgeon recommened PM me and I'll get his details for you (works in Brisbane).

Well I went to the dentist this morning.

My top ones have come down perfect.

The ulcer in my bottom left cheek is basically just an infection. So I gotta use mouthwash everyday to keep it clean (which I do anyway.)

I have to have an xray to see if the tooth is coming up straight or not.

If it comes up straight I'll be fine.

If it's coming out at an angle I have to get it taken out.

When removing the bottom wisdom teeth you have to get the top opposing ones removed at the same time as well.

Otherwise the top ones will keep growing and end up bad.

So gotta play the waiting game and see how the xray turns out.

i can now eat somewhat. mahsed potatoe and gravy. its not really painful, but im just limited to the amount i can move my jaw and the swelling on one side of my face has made it really hard to swallow. so all food must be vitaminised. hahaha. i wander if i can blend a steak.

my last two were fine. i was eating mc donalds that night. but this one took all the guys strength to get out hence the discomfort im in now.

i cant go back to work untill i can start eating somewhat better. not going to work starving my arse off. its really all i do at work is eat. id be bored shitless there without being able ot eat. hahahaha.

the worst part has been going to the shops for pills and custard hahaha. when they ask you how you are or if you need help but you cant reply because you sound like a fuctard mumbling with a mouthfall of spit and marbles. hahahahaha. my answer to "do you have fly buys" to day was just a bunch of drool. literally. dont think ill be getting her number any time soon.

Good timing. Dentist took Xrays of mine, top seem to be okay, bottoms are growing........sideways. flat....... gay.

They will need to come out, he estimates within a year or two.

you guys with health cover, is that ancillaries/extras cover or full hospital cover?

i have 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth and im lucky to not need them removed. by the sounds of it, its not an enjoyable experience on any level.

mmmm come to think of it, unless they give you the shits, are they something that has to be removed oitherwise?

Just all this talk is making me wonder why mine never gave me shit........but then again I haven't seen a dentist for over 10 years and I'd like it to stay that way.

I had 4 out in Nov under a general, the top two were threw and were easy to be removed but my bottom two were impacted. i had a awsome surgeon. Woke up with my mouth full of blood, couldnt feel face or lips, blodd dribbled down face but i felt really good, I felt like a had one of the best sleep ever, they aslo gave me a shot of adrenaline. I aslo had two stictches come out but this does happen...

The biggest thing is leading up to getting it done, no worries at all!

Another thing- Wisdom teeth stop growing at the age of 23, BUT the older you get the smaller your jaws becomes so you might have trouble later in life and possibly harder to extract... They like to remove em while your young and fit

i had all four taken out last year. cost was about 1.6k, insurance covered most ended up paying 600.

had under general, as one tooth was not fully out and they had to cut deeper to extract it.

cheapest option is in the chair two at a time, but thats only if they are nearly coming out. also your health insurance will put it as two separate claims. as there is a cap of how much you can get back in one claim.

just prepare about 1 day of sooking and 1 week of sleeping/doing whatever makes you happy. and jelly is your best friend

the worst part is waking up and there is blood all over your face and in the breathing mask. and if you'll are a smoker you be coughing for a good 20 mins with blood splattering everywhere.

Good timing. Dentist took Xrays of mine, top seem to be okay, bottoms are growing........sideways. flat....... gay.

the one i just had taken out was growing flat. get them done asap. the bigger they grow the harder they are. im 29. mine was pushing into the next tooth. when they went tot ake it out it would move but he couldnt remove it. almost broke my jaw in the process. eventually he cut the tooth in two pieces and removed it that way.

i dont have private. mine cost $250 in the chair awake. my other two cost $200 each. my 4th one isnt causing any dramas.

i had all four taken out last year. cost was about 1.6k, insurance covered most ended up paying 600.

had under general, as one tooth was not fully out and they had to cut deeper to extract it.

cheapest option is in the chair two at a time, but thats only if they are nearly coming out. also your health insurance will put it as two separate claims. as there is a cap of how much you can get back in one claim.

just prepare about 1 day of sooking and 1 week of sleeping/doing whatever makes you happy. and jelly is your best friend

the worst part is waking up and there is blood all over your face and in the breathing mask. and if you'll are a smoker you be coughing for a good 20 mins with blood splattering everywhere.

haha I've never smoked in my life so I shouldn't have that problem :P

Had my x-ray last night. The machine they use is pretty cool.

I'll find out results over next few days.

The ulcer has gone down a bit. Been putting a few different types of stuff on it.

Can actually close my mouth now :lol:

the one i just had taken out was growing flat. get them done asap. the bigger they grow the harder they are. im 29. mine was pushing into the next tooth. when they went tot ake it out it would move but he couldnt remove it. almost broke my jaw in the process. eventually he cut the tooth in two pieces and removed it that way.

i dont have private. mine cost $250 in the chair awake. my other two cost $200 each. my 4th one isnt causing any dramas.

yeah he said he thinks I should get them done in hospital, he doesn't like doing impacted ones in the chair. I've just turned 26. might save for a while then get them done ha ha

Ghostrun can you please PM me that surgeons info? I'm guessing I will need a referral to see them? My health insurance has just rolled over 12 months so I am finally looking into getting my wisdoms pulled out ^_^

X-ray results came in and I gotta have them ripped out :(

Can't get booked in until late feb-early march.

Luckily the pain isn't too bad now so I should be able to wait it out.

I loved having mine out... overnight stay in hospital. all 4 done at once whilst knocked out cold :D

best fun! my theatre room was all blue including all floors, walls, tools to rip stuff out with :D only part I didnt appreciate was vomitting dark blood once it was complete.. the nurse said dont swallow the blood... well i couldnt feel a thing in my mouth so how the hell could I feel it going down!

afterwards tho was all good.. didnt have any swelling or discomfort...

^^ x2. the anesthetic was the best rest id had in ages!

kinda weird tho waking up and finding theyve sewn your cheeks to your gums...

kinda weird tho waking up and finding theyve sewn your cheeks to your gums...

that sounds uncomfortable...

head_up_arse.jpg

Wow vomiting blood and gas masks.

i had all four out in hospital and it wasnt as bad as some of the stories make it out to be, pretty much just swelling and painkillers. There is a blood after but its not that bad, i didnt have any pain at all because i had good painkillers.

after about 3-4 days i was fine.

Ghostrun can you please PM me that surgeons info? I'm guessing I will need a referral to see them? My health insurance has just rolled over 12 months so I am finally looking into getting my wisdoms pulled out ^_^

PM sent.

Now, next thing for me is to get 3 moulers crowned, already got one done...thousand bucks a hit :(...have been thinking of going to thailand for holiday + get it done cos it's cheaper and they are like pro

PM sent.

Now, next thing for me is to get 3 moulers crowned, already got one done...thousand bucks a hit :(...have been thinking of going to thailand for holiday + get it done cos it's cheaper and they are like pro

ha ha join the club, nocturnal bruxism ftl

I'm with Mutual Community.

I got quoted a bit over $1160 for all four to be removed in hospital.

Once you take away what the insurance pays, you just pay the gap. Oral Surgeon reckons Ill end up paying around $600.

I'm going to the hospital this thursday to have it done.

Already sussed out jars of baby food at woolies yesterday :lol:

Wish they made some epic large jar of the stuff.