Sign in to follow this  
- Donny -

State Wide Bushfire's

From the Victorian Drift Club Commitee I say Rest in Peace Luke Jacobs, Mr & Mrs Jacobs, Nathan Charles. As they sadly victims to the Victorian Bushfires who were part of the Australian drifting community.

Condolences to the Jacobs and Charles families, extended families and friends for your loss to the Victorian Bush Fires.

There will be an Victorian Drift Club event to honour the involvement of Luke and Nathan in our motorsport.

The Victorian Drift Club is also in planning of doing our bit with a donation to a charity to support the victims of these tradgic events!

Please show your support by attending our next event at Winton Motor Raceway on the 21st of February 2009.

Stay safe!!

Luke Zietara

Victorian Drift Club President.

I edited the above post.

Anyone that wants to have a go at other NS members or start a shit fight over different opinions, it is NOT HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD!

so sad.....especially the people who lost their lives

the people who started the fires should die

This is the latest satellite imagery I could get as of around 5:30pm today

satimage.JPG

and i was hoping for a better year in 09...

sad how it takes a huge tragedy for everyone to unite. need to keep it up.

the scale of it it just wow......

was underthreat in the big fires a couple of years ago in nsw, but tht seems miniscule to the loss caused by these fires

my condolences to all that have lost those dear to them :(

Seeing it on the news is one thing but knowing two members of our forums have lost their lives really hits close to home...

My sympathy and condolences to all the people affected...

Stay strong, be courageous... My prayers are with you

i have been working on this satelite image for the last hour or so between other things, this is roughly center of vic with the majority of fires have hit

i will edit it properly later with more accurate detail, this was just a quicky to give people an idea.

due to all the cfa and dse sites being down all the time and not updating in the right spots i thought i would do one my self as i have gathered all the data needed to plot the image on the places which have been effected by the fires and the areas which are still burning now

it will take me a few more hours to get it done but have to get back to work now so this is just a quick edit i moked up to give you an idea

quick2.jpg

the detailed version of this sat image i made was 330mb so you can imagine the detail and why it took me so long, this is a reduced quality image and a rough edit of the areas of fires so people can understand how large it is.

later ill edit the fire areas in accurate detail with all the info i have gathered and upload the full image to a server, the full image at 100% res is 10,000pxl by 8000pxl so its a big one.

ill also edit the names of all the major towns effected

my heart goes out to all those that have lost friends and family in this night mare

holly sh!t up to 173 deaths now as at 6.30am...and now parts of healsville are under ember attack. my mates family had 4 cars packed ready to go and they were sitting on there roof watching the smoke about 5 kms away.

R.I.P Charlzy & Jacobs...

My Condolances to everyone involved in the shocking fires...

My condolences goes out to everyone involved with the fires both fighting the fires and those who have lost possessions and loved ones.

It certainly is a huge tragedy that I hope those responsible are given the justice they deserve – Death.

Unfortunately the worse part is yet to come…clean up and rebuilding what has been lost.

Keep safe everyone down there!

does anyone know where or how i can host an image thats 5mb and 8500pxl by 6200pxl

need it to be uploaded at 100% res

try megaupload.com???

i know you can upload like massive files, but give it a crack

currently uploading some photos i took yesterday. should be done soon.

picture1113editbc4.jpg

w3072.png

sorry about it being so big but its hard to make out the actual size of these fires and the amount of smoke coming from them.

lol i dont even know. it was past warby highway probably about 15 mins out of healsville?

try megaupload.com???

i know you can upload like massive files, but give it a crack

lol i dont even know. it was past warby highway probably about 15 mins out of healsville?

looks like the winery fields between healsville and cold stream looking north towards yarra glen?

yeah that sounds right mate. i dont even want to think about how bad it will be today. i have a few pictures looking towards yarra glen from my balcony. you can't even see the hills anymore...

11-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

13a.jpg

13b.jpg

14-2.jpg

im working on extending the image right out and uploading it to its true size as this is a full cropped image its normally heaps bigger

ill work on making more accurate fire lines and more info with interactive buttons on the worst effected areas, all the other ones floating around on the net have f**k all content and displays f**k all really.

cant see anything there donny. what is up with the fires now? it looks like it is getting a lot worse from here..