Sign in to follow this  
r34skyline

Who's had a full leather retrim?

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has had a full leather retrim? not talking leatherette, vinyl, etc.... i mean real cow and front/back seats, etc... the whole hog.

i'm getting some quotes at the moment, and trying to decide if it's worth it or not, not sure... depends if Kev is going to front up anymore cash :D

or does anyone on here do that sort of thing? car could be used from some promo work if need be :) nicely modded (imo :D) R34, cosmetically at least.

and those in the know, how much you reckon i'd be up for?

cheers,

daniel

If you go the full cow and hog get some nice italian leather and get it all upholstered properly it feels sooooo good, Too many people now a days just get cheapo leather on cheapo foam and expect it to be like a Ferrari's interior, For a proper job you will be up for big bucks.

Why not get a Pair of Bride Seats, upholstered already and will hug you like a hunny at bar20 after you slid her a fitty.

^^ Whoa big spender. Were headin for a recession $50 man i slip my gangies a tenna maybe a $20 if they're lucky. Times tight yo.

id love my 32 to re trimmed in leather, but its just way to expensive!

I would think your better off selling and buying a euro

My last car had a full leather retrim. It felt (and smelt) so good :wub:

But as the standard seats were retrimmed without adding extra bolstering you slid around everywhere on corners!

It cost $6k including new carpets, trims wrapped in either velour or leather and of course the seats. Best thing is the last owner paid for the work :D

pics? know where it got done?

i'm swapping the fronts to GTR seats from a 32 or 33, and would get the bolsters fixed up and possibly get then to fatten them up a bit to hold me in better. Prob also get the centre parts of the seats done in alcantra and the outside leather, for better grip

id love to get my 13 done in black leather, feels mad but its way expensive to get done right and when it gets hot its like sitting on a stove (not that i know what thats like :P )

i just wanna get my gtr seats re-trimmed but cost big $$

I remember blackmans in mornington quoting me 2.5k for a retrim but i think that was just the seats front and rear. Leather onn a day like today would not be nice.

im a upholsterer....did my car in black leather its great but not having tinted windows on hot days makes if very hot....either tint ur windows or opt for a lighter colour leather...also better quality leather will be cheaper in the long run and will require less maintinance

i personally wouldnt bother with alcantra ...macrosuade would be a much better option for the $$$ and the fabric is of a high quality.....

i was quoted upwards of $5,000 for black italian leather.......honestly which is fair enough because the shit is top quality.

but i ended up going with the vinyl which cost me 700 and no one really can tell the difference.......well at least most of em.

let me know if u want a to see a pic, i got the whole interior done black and red. =D

the setup below is done to the infamous HKS R34 GTR aswell as many other cars in japan. ROBSON is well known for there leather work in japan

const11.jpg

const12.jpg

backseats.jpg

install1.jpg

P1070320.jpg

youd be looking at around around 7k for the entire car

wow that interrior is amazing! how much did it cost for everything in vinyl ?

wow that interrior is amazing! how much did it cost for everything in vinyl ?

that's leather mate and yes, done by one of the best in the world for Skyline interiors. Robsons has a pretty fearsome reptuation, and even the UK gtr owners will order stuff from them.

macrosuede? never heard of it... any pics?

can u give a quote on just the front and rear seats in a 180 in a top quality vinly.

well i figure if i'm going to do it properly, why do vinyl?

you got pm too dj :)

180boi, you a re-trimmer?

hmmm... i'll try again...

EDIT: you have PM, again... maybe it doesn't like lots of links in the PM's

nah im not a re trimmer. just would like my seat retrimmed in leather or vinyl.

looks realy nice but 7k.

and then someone will jump in ur car, in my case some blond dopey bitch and leave doritos all over the seats and the floor and even in the ashtray.so wen u get that make sure who goes in ur car.

tip: if there dopey and blond tell them 2 stay away from the car min. 2meters