Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

The modified/ aftermarket knuckle thread

me too :lol:

if people took 2 seconds to actually read the thread xris states that he makes them and that they cost $450 and that it even says it in his sig :rolleyes:

the pics at full lock r crazy who stocks knukles in aus
um we do :P

how much s14

$450 changeover. shit man, it says it in his sig :rolleyes:

You guys need to work on your customer relation skills :lol: This guy wants to buy something you can supply and you bag him out????

:blink:

quick pic of my hyper knuckles, only has the spacer/extender and 2mm spacer in the rack, can go up to 8mm spacer, but already hitting the rail with 18*9 +20, will cut the rail and put the bigger spacers in and see how it goes. :lol:

DSC00652.JPG

how do the tie rod angles look at that lock? Any troubles with binding?

quick question.

if hitting the rails is an issue, can you fit longer LCA's to push the track out a bit more to avoid hitting them?

No binding issues at all, still has a bit left before the shallow out and bind, and yeah can fit longer LCA's, its on the cards but at the moment its essential bits only to get the car running :)

Also the rail has a 2.5cm lip so i can easily mod that, and the car in the pic is on a jack, but on the ground its very low, and the LCA's are dead straight!

Im saving for these hyperknuckles, stuff all the other knuckles, if im paying big money i want at least a proper roll center correction :)

Im saving for these hyperknuckles, stuff all the other knuckles, if im paying big money i want at least a proper roll center correction :)

I just got them for the pink spacer!

But trust me, ill let you no what they are like, i would like to try a few different knuckles, i don't think these fix the akermans angle very much, so id like to try some with shorter arms, where as these mainly push the arms out for no binding which equals extra lock.

but what are you going to do about the rear though?

i was thinking about getting a set as well but i already had a set of kouri knuckles, moonface rca's and ikeya formula tierod ends. but after seeing the angle of my front arms at it's current ride height i thing it will be enough.

and i have a few ideas for the rear... dunno if they will work, but will be a fun exersize :lol:

22022009105.jpg

22022009106.jpg

but what are you going to do about the rear though?
http://www.sp-tec.com/prod100.html

p.s. Nigel I have a set of GP sports knuckles sitting in my room in Melbourne... sigh... so many plans, so few actual cars :(

quick pic of my hyper knuckles, only has the spacer/extender and 2mm spacer in the rack, can go up to 8mm spacer, but already hitting the rail with 18*9 +20, will cut the rail and put the bigger spacers in and see how it goes. :lol:

DSC00652.JPG

Awesome to see them being used! Can't wait to see some super sideways pics!!!

some how i dont think bling could manage that lol.

someone answer my question fags!

some how i dont think bling could manage that lol.

someone answer my question fags!

I played around with s13 and s14 lca and found that I had more steering lock with the shorter s13 arms but there wasnt enough clearance for the wheel to the chassis. I tryed running wheel spacers to get the wheel out far enough but it would foul on the bumper and come real close to the rear of the arch

hmm was opposite for me with 32, had more lock when i fitted longer 33 arms, + more control.

wondering about ppl who run modded knuckels tho... fit longer LCA's also?

mine are s14 Riverside hubs on a s13 180sx

Ive seen photos of some D1 s13s that still have the s13 arms instead of s14. Maybe I should look at a smaller sidewall on the front tyes so that I can get s13 arms and a bit more lock.

Does anyone know if you can swap the s14 ball joint onto s13 arms?

But then again i would loose maximum camber by shortening the lca

I use s14 LCA but that was more to fix my fitment after putting 20mm overfenders on LOL with the kuroi knuckles in my car I run 17 x 9 +-0 rims with 215 40 neovas and had to do a fair bit of hammer work on the rail, and front gaurds to get clearance.

hmm was opposite for me with 32, had more lock when i fitted longer 33 arms, + more control.

wondering about ppl who run modded knuckels tho... fit longer LCA's also?

and yeah, sif give up the drink. i still have some ideas for mine :)

well this is a comparison i have between R33 and S14 LCA's

the top one is R33, note the much shorter lock stopper...

15022009063.jpg

and no i don't have a s13 one to compare

yes , fit longer lcas' , have a think about your suspension geometry and what the modded knuckles do with your steering arms :)

Well for all those 4 stud lovers/haters... mine is still 4 stud. used S13 Nismo LCA's which are about 10mm longer than standard (no ball joint change). also noticed that the stoppers were slightly smaller also...

as i said previously (i think...) - running 18x9 +24 front. I had to increase track as wheels were hitting the chassis rails... so increasing track assisted. I also added 30mm spacers - now i have about 10mm clearance from chassis rail.

Stopping point for lock is when the knuckle hits the LCA - so i used a dremel to cut the stopper a little to maximise the lock without cutting the stopper off.

Ikeya / Ikeya style (driftshop with adjustable lock stopper length) LCA will possible be needed to increase lock further due to their design.

IMGP0573.JPG

knuckle.JPG

ikeyaformula_frontlca_installed2.jpg

ikeyaformula_frontlca_prepa.jpg

FLCA1.jpg

i wanna know if anyone has run the Driftworks gear???? looks the goods!!

anyone?

I cant see any problem with them, i had Ikeya ones on my old 180 and they flogged out the spherical bearing on the hub end, after a lot of searching round no-one stocked this bearing in Aus, i would say the driftshop items would have a replaceable bearing in them thus making them better imo. Apart from that i would go with whatevers cheaper :) (even if it meant painting the driftshop ones gold)

probably both made in the same factory in Taiwan :lol:

They both look the same... both have the same joints etc. Just differnet bump stops by the looks of it.

I want to know if anyone noticed an improvement after installing them.

I've been told they can get a bit scary as the steering becomes twitchy.

I've been told they can get a bit scary as the steering becomes twitchy.

this all depends on what knuckles you have and what alignment you get.