Sign in to follow this  
p-plater

mazda MX5, girls or guys car?

Too me they always look like a girls car, but that's just the shape of them for me. Not necessarily a bad thing. My 2 cents.

When modded right, slammed with dish, front lip and cage they look tough as nuts

Too me they always look like a girls car, but that's just the shape of them for me. Not necessarily a bad thing. My 2 cents.

Same, although I have seen some online and about with some tuff stance and they looked mean!

I think colour has a lot to do with it too.

Why do anything to them at all...

mine has been in my family for almost 12 years, (come October) and it was slammed on springs for a while, but i still ran the 14" wheels the stock wheels were only 10 punds each (YES JUST 5KG EACH WHEEL) so with decent rubber it stuck, now runs 15" wheels off the 98 model that weigh 12 pounds each and is stock height but has adjustable sways set to medium... and is solid as a rock thru the twisty stuff...

not to mention adjustable toe camber castor front and toe and camber rear stock, 50 -50 weight distribution and a close ratio box and bolt action short throw, all stock... the back bone chassis (still used today) and stolen from the Lotus Elan (62 - 63 model) also used on the 928 porsche...

the suspension is double wishbones all round, and you can balance the car on the throttle thru corners like no other car i have driven..

(yes i am biased)

girls car? who gives a shit... the smile i get from driving it is all i care about...

and the smile i get when pulling away from cars thru corners is just priceless...

M

I love MX5's. They are simply beautiful cars to drive around the bends and with the right stance can look tough as.

last i checked, cars are cars, and if you think that calling something a 'girls car' or a 'poofs car', then there is probably something in your vernacular that is not worth taking seriously (Y)

Also, there right tire/wheel combo and ride-height makes almost anything look good- that even includes 80's volvo wagons! haha

MX-5s are a solid car, and someone else is driving your car, then why does it matter what they think?

Cars are cars man, no need to complicate it with egos, yeah?

Cheersx

Edited by Anathema