Sign in to follow this  
DRIIFT

R200 Diff Ratios

I just picked up a skyline diff (48:11 = 4.363) & I have a stock 180sx diff (49:12 = 4.08).

Is it possible to use the crown wheel from the 180sx (49) & use the pinion from the skyline (11) to get a ratio of 49:11 = 4.454?

i thought so. they seem to mesh fine but i havent done a backlash test yet.

Missing from the list:

Z32 non-turbo 2+2/2+0 300zx ratio: 4.083, R200, abs, 2 bolt backing plate, Viscous LSD, 5x1 half shafts.

Hey guys, will a S13 SR20DE (ABS) diff fit my S14?

Edited by Elis14

Hey guys, will a S13 SR20DE (ABS) diff fit my S14?

Short answer "yes"

Long answer "depends", is your s14 r200 or r180? if r200 then you will need to swap the 4 bolt backing plate for the s14 2 bolt one., if its r180 you will need a 2 bolt backing plate & the half shafts & axles will need to be swapped over. Also make sure you have the right half shafts for your axle 3x2 or 5x1

(a n/a z32 ~ good upgrade for s14s i've been told but you need to run the axles as well)

Edited by PRYMORTAL

has anyone used a stock 180 diff ratio on a s15 6 speed? ive got a lsd using a 4.08 ratio in 5bolt r200 off a 180, was gonna chuck it into my s15

Thinking of sellin my 4.6 gear set what are they worth?

Thinking of sellin my 4.6 gear set what are they worth?

crown and pinion anywhere from 350-500 depends on what people want to pay.

Will a r34 auto viscous LSD abs fit my 94 180sx it's a 5x1 bolt halfshafts no abs

I know I'll need to change the rear hat but not sure if the old driveshafts will bolt up as the r34 one has abs rings on the halfshafts

you can always knock the half shafts out and swap them. but the abs diff is longer than the normal diff. so tailshaft length might be too long

Does anyone have real world experience of s14 diff vs max speed. Currently have s14 ADM and I’m looking at a new diff to get 1.5LSD + new final drive

Last year I was doing ~235kph (qstarz GPS) at the end of PI straight but wasn’t tracking rpm, I’ve got an extra 20kw, looking to move to R rubber semi’s plus I’m more experienced so expecting higher straight entry speeds – unfortunately had mechanicals preventing entry to PI events this year and don’t want to be pinging on the rev limiter for too long J

Going from theory eg http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/tyres.html, does this look correct? struggled to add a table, so jpg seemed best option

s14 diff speed.JPG

Bought a diff out of a r32 thinking it would be 4.3 ratio. ended up being a single spinning 3.45 ratio!! so watch out.

Hi all!

I have done ridiculous amounts of reading and am struggling to get my head around the seemingly infinite number of R200 variants. I am wanting to get a 2-way Kaaz for my Silvia and have no idea what my diff was originally out of and therefore no clue which Kaaz P/N is the correct one to suit my application O.o

If someone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated :)

I have:

VLSD R200

4.3:1

5 Bols Shafts

Hi Folks im looking for a 4.9 or 5.1 to work in a R200 S13 differntial. Any help would be appreciated.

holy thread revival....

my shafts are f**ked my s14a used to be auto now its manual im not sure what diff its got, are the auto and manual cv joints the same?

Edited by chris_c30

does anyone have experiences to share with how a 4.11 R33 R200 is on an SR20 5MT?

Edited by keioffice

im chasing 4.6 or 4.9's

anyone have one or ideas to get some?

hey guys,

Am Trying to track down an r200 with a 4.363 with ABS. It also needs to fit an s15, so from what I've read i need to be looking for diffs out of an R34 RB25DE Manual, R33 RB25DE manual, R33 RB25DET Auto. thats correct yea?

does anyone know if you can put Non ABS Crown wheel and pinion into an ABS housing? or is the shank on the crown wheel to short?

hey fellas, just bought 5 bolt shafts and realised its uneven length... am i still able to use it on my r200 off a type x?

oh really? i previously had a pair of shafts that were equal length 5bolt. Will the r200 diff still fit on a s15?

In the car? Doesn't sounds right becwuse the diff doesn't sit central in the subframe. It is offset towards the passenger side

yeah, when i had my type X i swapped over to 5 bolt shafts from another 180. They were equal length. Now that i have a s15 i wanna chuck the diff in there but got these shafts that arent equal length =S.. so not sure if they will work or not.