Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly Imports

Australian Defence Force info

yeh see if the army was more of a family friendly thing id do it. my problems are long exercises (over 2 weeks straight) and deployment overseas. It's always been my dream to fight in afghanistan since sept 11 when i was 14. however as i was doing army i met the woman i wanted to be with and wanted to have a family and well the defence force and families dont necessarily mix. find me a job in air force or army where it meets my expectations above^^^ and guaranteed to not go overseas within first 5 yrs of job then i will be interested. meanwhile to do a job similar i have chosen the police force as my career because its the closest i can get to the army without all the stuff i dont like about the army! was in reserves 3/9th light horse in SA (SAMR). Was pretty boring but alas it's the reserves the only fun with them is your 6monthly shoots / bfa etc. lol

im sure the missus would be alright if you were out bush for a week or two.

but... if your keen on army (like i know you are) and dont want to deploy why not go artillery :lol:

from what i've heard, nowadays if you get a deployment within your ROSO your lucky... missed out on the rush i think :cry:

find me a job in air force or army where it meets my expectations above^^^ and guaranteed to not go overseas within first 5 yrs of job then i will be interested.

SIGSOP in the RAAF.

I hope those in the defence force can help me answer my question. Ive been looking at joining the army for quite some time now, but have been putting off the intial testing where you come in, and do a aptitude test etc. Im physically fit so I know that I will pass the JOE's test with other any dramas.

But is the numerical part of the aptitude test hard? Im not that great at maths. I dont want to be a pilot or engineer but will the maths side of the test impact my choices alot? So from the positions avaliable, I want to work as an general service officer or work in the business/administration section of the army.

Any opinions/comments would be appreciated.

Its not over the top difficult but you will need to be able to do most year 9-12 maths content without the use of a calculator. From what I remember it wasn't much more than a few basic questions like multiplication and the like, only the trade test (if you are going for a technical position you will know about this test) has the more difficult questions like trigonometry and stuff.

If you want to be in admin (Administration Clerk, Pay Clerk or RAAOC Officer) then I have no doubt maths would affect your chances. I know sometimes dealing with DFR is less than fun but they should be able to tell you a little more in detail what the level is. The Army doesn't set anyone up to fail and I should think this would apply to the recruiting process too.

Good luck mate.

Some of the fun things we do as Recovery Mechanics ;)

sweeet

got a nice video of recovery vehicle demolishing lockers down at SOARMD..

nothing beats the sound of an abrams

Agree with your post about boss' can make ur life shit and thinking if they got treated like shit they'll treat their diggers like shit... not much u can do except go to the boozer after knock off lol

Is anyone one of these 3 in the RAAF? logistics officer, administration officer or ground defence officer.

Also, as an officer. Does it require additional aptitude testing?

If you want to be a GOOD officer, join as a general entry first then transfer to The Tea & Crumpets Club. That way you get to see that OR's get shat on from everybody above, particularly officers, and you'll appreciate what it's like to be on the other end of things before sending shit downhill towards the people below you.

If you have your heart set on going in as an officer and not an OR like A31 suggested, then I urge you to get down amongst your airmen/women as much as you can and forget you are wearing a commission for 5 mins and learn from them :)

Don't be fooled into thinking that because you are an officer people will work for you, although they will work it won't get done not nearly as fast or accurately if your subordinates believe you to be an out of touch idiot, until a SGT steps in anyway :lol:

Can't sing the praises of free medical enough - i'm going in for surgery in a couple of months (fasciotomy) and don't have to pay a cent for it.

That chick got her $10k tits done for free because of 'self esteem issues' and we all know who was really paying for that one.

I wonder what shit I could get if I said I would neck myself...

Yeah i've had surgery 2 times now and I was able to get it done within 2 weeks of seeing the doc. No stuffing around.

started doing my medical this week. got to have my eyes tested cause i wear glasses hopefully it goes well

That chick got her $10k tits done for free because of 'self esteem issues' and we all know who was really paying for that one.

I wonder what shit I could get if I said I would neck myself...

There's a number of chicks that have bolt-ons as a result of self esteem issues. I also know of a few chicks that have had ADF sponsored reductions, but that's generally due to medical reasons like back strain, etc. Apparently being 5ft3" 54KG with natural breasts so big you need custom made bras isn't good for your back.

Just had my YOU session this morning and it all went well (I think).

Looking at going into the Army Reserve either as rifleman or light cavalry scout.

Grunts are gay, especially chocs lol.

come join engineers you will have 10x as the fun

ok was wondering if anyone here has been in air force? because the basic training has unfortunately moved to wagga a year or two ago from adelaide (damn) and just want to know how it is compared to army basic training. I have done army chocco basic training (regs i know it's not as hard as your training) and the fitness required is higher in army so was wondering if air force basic would be easier? Heard it's more about mental stress shit like officers going nuts at you 24/7 compared to physical stress

ok was wondering if anyone here has been in air force? because the basic training has unfortunately moved to wagga a year or two ago from adelaide (damn) and just want to know how it is compared to army basic training. I have done army chocco basic training (regs i know it's not as hard as your training) and the fitness required is higher in army so was wondering if air force basic would be easier? Heard it's more about mental stress shit like officers going nuts at you 24/7 compared to physical stress

I've been in the RAAF for 6.5 years - recruits is PISS easy. There is SFA mental stress if you're of reasonable intelligence and work out that it's all a game. You WILL get messed with and told you're wrong or haven't done something to a satisfactory standard just so you learn that you're not the one calling the shots.

Play the game by the rules and you'll be fine. The BIG emphasis is on team work - help your mates out all the time. Don't carry them but don't go jack on them. If their locker is a shit-fight help them out as you'll all get into shit for not maintaining uniformity or helping each other out.

I have seen the most pathetic humans in the entire universe make it into the army so unless you're worse then them i'd say you're good to have a crack lol.

I have seen the most pathetic humans in the entire universe make it into the army so unless you're worse then them i'd say you're good to have a crack lol.

The Army get a lot of transfers from the Navy as well? The RAAF does :lol:

This is the only advice you will need to get through anything related to the ADF. f**k me society is sending us some winners these days...

Lol, actually I dont know of any Navy to join the army now that I think of it. I know heaps of AJ's join the RAAF, i've thought about it before just so I can get an EKO on Fridays :P

This is the only advice you will need to get through anything related to the ADF. f**k me society is sending us some winners these days...

The scary thing is they still promote these winners.

Lol, actually I dont know of any Navy to join the army now that I think of it. I know heaps of AJ's join the RAAF, i've thought about it before just so I can get an EKO on Fridays :P

Doesn't happen much at my work, civie supervisor. He doesn't get paid for an EKO so doesn't give us one. You're right though, a number of RAAF sections get an EKO Fridays. That's one of the good things about having more intelligent people in the RAAF, they don't see the point in pretending to work when you've finished your work a couple of hours early.

Doesn't happen much at my work, civie supervisor. He doesn't get paid for an EKO so doesn't give us one. You're right though, a number of RAAF sections get an EKO Fridays. That's one of the good things about having more intelligent people in the RAAF, they don't see the point in pretending to work when you've finished your work a couple of hours early.

F uck working for a civie if you're in the defence force. That and working with chicks would do my head in lol. Yeah I know a few RAAFies and they get the Friday EKO's all the time. We do get a few early knocks, well at least where I am we do.

F uck working for a civie if you're in the defence force. That and working with chicks would do my head in lol. Yeah I know a few RAAFies and they get the Friday EKO's all the time. We do get a few early knocks, well at least where I am we do.

My workplace is tri-service, co-ed & we work with civies. A lot of the chicks are fit, even the civie ones as they're trying to impress the military guys & are straight out of uni. A fair % of the civies are ex military too and still have some military mindset left in them.

You do realise you work for civies too right? That is unless I missed the part where the govt joined the ADF.

My workplace is tri-service, co-ed & we work with civies. A lot of the chicks are fit, even the civie ones as they're trying to impress the military guys & are straight out of uni. A fair % of the civies are ex military too and still have some military mindset left in them.

You do realise you work for civies too right? That is unless I missed the part where the govt joined the ADF.

Lol, mate please dont take me for a meat head deadshit. As far as I know KRudd isn't my immediate supervisor. You knew exactly what I meant. No need to be a shit stirrer. A chick may be fit under ideal conditions where they can train everyday but when the going gets tough they dont and you need to understand you can not prove a point with an exception. Only reason I have the attitude I do is because I joined up to do the stereotypical army stuff. I could not do office work or whatever. There's nothing wrong with it but i'll go somewhere else to do that where i'll be more than happy to work for civillian and heaven forbid a female :) Lets just leave it at that mate.

^^ I'm with you 100% percent with you in regards to women in your work environment, they don't cut it and WILL cause issues that affect comradery and team dynamic. Whilst they're able to do the same work as the blokes in my trade, they honestly do cause a lot of issues. At times I think my work is a day care centre for adults with a mental retardation that renders them as mentally effective as an 8 year old. Marjority of the time I'd prefer if none of them were there so the job could get done without all the hassles they bring to a workplace, but then I wouldn't have anything to look at during the day. :thumb:

You'd lose your shit in a big way at my work man, the constant politics, bitching, in-fighting and highschool dramas that go on are endless.

Oh, I meant fit as in good looking 'fit' not 'can do 10 heaves whilst performing a triangle choke with their legs, fit for battle' fit. Call it a difference of workplace terminolgies and idiosyncracies if you will.