Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

The random photography thread

ahhhh i see.. thanks for the info :)

Oh has to be over 300 bucks??

Damn was gonna claim my memory cards and bags etc.. hmmm

unlike the old days where its wrapped up and sealed and u can only open it once u get on the plane, imagine having to learn how to use a camera hrs before your trip starts!

i guess they can just chuck it into auto mode :P heheh

i just bought a lense within a month of my depature, so i can claim on that? and some snowboaring gear thats well over $300 also.

i just bought a lense within a month of my depature, so i can claim on that? and some snowboaring gear thats well over $300 also.

unless you bought it from the same store on the same invoice, only one invoice can be claimed i believe...

LOL im pretty sure u cant claim ur snowboarding gear

usually its electronics, perfumes, cigarettes, alcohol etc it should state what u can and cant claim on the duty free website

Hi, I got for sale!!

Item: Canon 18-55 EF-S IS LENS!! Suited mostly for all canon SLR cameras :)

Comes with HOYA UV FILTER!! - - This itself cost me like 35 bucks!!

Price: $125

Reason for sale: Going overseas this friday so i want it sold by then if possible please!!

More Info: I bought this start of the year for like 220 bucks. Its in excellent condition and its a great lens.

Check out the photography section in here to see my pics with this lens :)

Comes with box etc :)

ta

I think tomorrow im gonna buy that sigma lens :)

I guess since im going away for 2 months i should buy myself a nice lens to use rather than the stock kit lens!!

you wont regret it!

but make sure u do the brick wall test like i recommended to check for quality control

shoot at a brick wall from f2.8 to f13 and check border to border for uniform sharpness for centering defects

and also shoot at a focus chart u can find online to check for back focusing, front focusing problems etc

Any recommendations for batteries to use in my sb600 speedlight? I've used all types of AA's but they die out quick and theyre crap.

Any recommendations for batteries to use in my sb600 speedlight? I've used all types of AA's but they die out quick and theyre crap.

I personally use a few sets of Inca 2700 Mah rechargeables, they last a few hundred shots on the 580EXII, SB25, SB800 at full power at 1/1. But I rarely use that much light always at 1/4 or 1/8th power so they last well over 500 shots lol

If u are willing to spend more the Sanyo Eneloops are prolly the best for rechargeables due to their ability to hold their charge well, as well as being very long lasting on a full charge.

pricing wise the Incas are $25 retail at my store but I get it for $15 thats why I have a few sets, whereas the Eneloops are nearing $50 per set of 4!

for non rechargeables there is only the Energizer Lithiums they last pretty damn long, but if u are shooting at 1/1 all the time no batteries will have much longetivity:)

you wont regret it!

but make sure u do the brick wall test like i recommended to check for quality control

shoot at a brick wall from f2.8 to f13 and check border to border for uniform sharpness for centering defects

and also shoot at a focus chart u can find online to check for back focusing, front focusing problems etc

Just bought it :) WOOT!! Im so excited :)

Quick question - to claim it on gst does it have to packaged up? Or i can show it installed on my camera??

I tested the lens at the store and it seems fine, but i will do your trick and see how i go!! Hope the quality control on the lens was good when they tested it!!

nah just take it carry on and show em u r taking it is all they need

Will do..

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Hopefully i have some good pics when i come back!!

finally got my sigma 24-70 2.8 in the mail, its awesome, glad i upgraded now i just have to try and find a decent 2nd hand 70-200 2.8 as i dont have the funds to buy a brand newie.

^ nice man.. i played with my friends canon 24-70 f2.8 lens, that is just superb!! So sharp i wish i could afford it!!

He just upgraded to the 5d mark 2 and let me tell you its a fantastic camera!!! I had so much fun with it..

Selling brand new Hoya Cir-Polarizing filter (58mm).

Price - 35 firm.

Dont need it as i don't use my stock kit lens.. Im trying to sell that too

So unopened filter.. Still in package etc..

After a bit of advise, basically, before the next F1GP, I want a lens that has atleast 200mm zoom, so I can take good pics from the grandstands.

Now, the current lenses I have sorta thought about are:

CANON 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens

Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens

Does anyone have experience with either? Would the Canon be better quality seeing as it uses the L-series glass?

Scrap that, decided to go with the 70-200 f/2.8 USM, but now to find one for a good price second-hand.

Any recommendations? lol

Ok i dont think theres a way to wirelessly control my 403ex II, but i thought i ask anyways.

So apart from buying the 580 ex to control the 430, or canons 400 dollar speedlite transmitter is there another option?

Perhaps a 3rd party item??

Would anyone know?

Thanks

try sanyo eneloops, thats what i use..

normal rechargeables loose about 30% capacity in 3 weeks, the eneloops only loose 10% over a yr...

the self discharge rate on these is the lowest on the market at the moment..

if you go buy them and the salesman says u need a special charger thats a load of crap, you can use a normal ni-mh charger..

Edited by dirtyone

Also on that note, you should take your batteries out after you finished using your flash.

Read on the forums that the batteries die out quicker if left in the flash unit.

Thats what i have been doing now.

Done two engagement parties on the 430exII, and batteries are going strong (just normal AA battieries)

Hey, does anyone know if this camera and kit is good value for money. It seems alright to me.

Its the EOS 50D with EFS17-85mm IS USM as a kit lens.

For $2400

http://www.teds.com.au/www/6/1001102/displ...--1005803_.html

$2229

http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/canoneos50d.htm

AUD$2,195.00 at cameras direct.

Anyways its a good kit. That lens is excellent and it wont disappoint you at all.

If you got 2.4k or so i say go for it :)

AUD$2,195.00 at cameras direct.

Anyways its a good kit. That lens is excellent and it wont disappoint you at all.

If you got 2.4k or so i say go for it :)

Sweet, I'll just shop around on the price a bit still

Sign in to follow this