Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

The random photography thread

hmmm interesting question.. Not to sure about that sorry. But as a side thing cant you purchase like day light balanced film?

wont be exact as the sensor sizes are different. but should be close enough. does your film camera have a light sensor? my nikon F100 has a the same light sensor as DSLRS in that it tells you how many stops over-exposed/under-exposed its going to be. obviously this is a newer film camera and im pretty sure has an auto mode too. i usually just set it onto apeture priority and click away letting the camera select the best shutter speed.

haha nice im a fan! im gonna have to get my trusty old nikon out and shoot some more film. when you take the film to be developed these days do they give you a CD with the scans?

EOS 7D: First Look Videos[/quote]

anyone tried the 7 yet?

Edited by yeti

So my old man wants to buy an entry level SLR, and I told him to buy the 1000D, because he can use my lenses. However he seems interested in the Nikon D3000 twin lens kit, and because I have no experience or knowledge on them, what would you guys recommend?

So my old man wants to buy an entry level SLR, and I told him to buy the 1000D, because he can use my lenses. However he seems interested in the Nikon D3000 twin lens kit, and because I have no experience or knowledge on them, what would you guys recommend?

Im a canon fan, but i have to say the D3000 seems like a better camera (slightly)

Well for starters:

- 11 AF points vs 7 AF points

- Larger LCD screen: 3inch vs 2.5inch

Now the only disadvantage with the nikon is that not all lens will be compatible. Well i mean if you get a fixed focal lens that doesnt have AF-S, you will have to manual focus.

Im sure those who use nikon here can explain more in depth.

Also an advantage from the canon side is that its got live view (if you really want it).

Both are great entry level cameras..

Best advice - is to go into a store and feel the camera yourself.

Gdluck

Well with my dad, I highly doubt he will get any other lenses for it other than the ones in the kit. Basically he and mum are going over to Vietnam next year, and he wants to take some good quality photos rather than their crappy Samsung point and shoot. I was going to go in with him when he is looking at buying, as a friend of mine works at Ted's and is a professional photographer himself.

http://www.dpreview....views/pentaxkx/

just ordered this. seemed like the best deal around. $850 with a two lens kit. 12.4 mp, 720hd video. i know it's not a nikon or canon but for the equivalent of this camera was at least $500 more.

so stoked!! finally in the dslr crew :)

for those keeping count i now have 8 cameras.....:quagmire:

WOw 8 cameras?? Your camera whore!!

Awesome well now that you have a dslr start posting pics!!

7d Slow Mo Video

Thats incredible.. Thanks for sharing!!

I need a bit of a push in the right direction.

I'm interested in photography as a hobby and given our current situation can't afford much i.e around $500 spend max is what I'm looking for.

I have a D60 twin lense kit

I dig macro photography so was looking at getting a Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG but I'm not sure, also thought this might pass off as a half decent portrait lense

I dont have a decent flash so was considering a SB-600 speedlight

Found last week the legs of my tripod are getting sticky and I'd like a taller one with a quick release or something

I quite often find myself in a situation where a high zoom would be more usefull eg 500mm+

So basically what my drama is given what I can spend in 1 hit without the wife raping me I can basically go for 1 of the things I'm looking at but don't really know which way to lean

Im not familiar with Nikon lenses, so cant really recommend you a specific one, but i can tell you that the 50mm might not be enough reach for macro stuff. Well then this depends on what type of macro shots you want to do. If its living creatures that move and are tiny then maybe something close to 100mm will be better.

Also if you want a lens that go near 500mm of range then be prepaid to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Might have to sell your kidney to help funds :P

I'm off to Japan in a couple months with my girlfriend and while photography is not the purpose of the trip I am looking forward to taking many many pics. Most will be landscape shots and architecture plus all the regular touristy things. At the moment I am trying to decide if I should by a new tripod and take it along with me. I know a tripod would be a very useful tool in these situations, but at the same time it would be very inconveniant. So what would you do? Tripod, monpod or nothing?

I really regreted not taking my tripod on my europe trip.. But then at the same time i thought stuff carrying a tripod around all day.

So what i did was put the camera on top of stuff (bins, in between branches, side rails, friends back lol etc etc)..

But a monopod would be handy tho :) or just buy one there.

Look forward to seeing the photos!!

I'm off to Japan in a couple months with my girlfriend and while photography is not the purpose of the trip I am looking forward to taking many many pics. Most will be landscape shots and architecture plus all the regular touristy things. At the moment I am trying to decide if I should by a new tripod and take it along with me. I know a tripod would be a very useful tool in these situations, but at the same time it would be very inconveniant. So what would you do? Tripod, monpod or nothing?

I really regreted not taking my tripod on my europe trip.. But then at the same time i thought stuff carrying a tripod around all day.

So what i did was put the camera on top of stuff (bins, in between branches, side rails, friends back lol etc etc)..

But a monopod would be handy tho :) or just buy one there.

Look forward to seeing the photos!!

I ended up with a gorilla pod for traveling as i couldnt be bothered lugging a large tripod round, but only ended up using it @ night time.

http://www.teds.com.au/gorillapods/monkey-grip-flexi-tripod/w1/i2144528_6341509/

But i bought the one with a spirit level on it.

FS or swap:

Nikon 50mm f/1.4G AF-S in mint condition, looking to swap with Nikon 50mm f/1.4D.

or FS $460firm

Reason: I have invested in 52mm filters for my 35mm f/2D and wish to interchange them between lenses.

email me on miguel.vitug@yahoo.com for interested people

man why you selling it?

Processed any photos from it? if so post it up. Curious to see.

cheers

So been a while since i have been active in this section.

Whats everyone up to these days? Anyone got new toys they are playing with?

So my little update:

Everyone should check out this website - http://www.fstoppers.com/

Esp this thread: http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

Inspiration for us all!!

as per above link, ive always wondered how they did that matix sh*t.

good find sidd :thumbsup:

^ that video isnt working for me :( Well nothing loads. Got link?

non embeded

http://www.cnet.com.au/ricoh-gxr-339299439.htm

weirdest camera ever. new Ricoh. The camera body doesn't have a sensor. The lens has inbuilt processing power......or some shit. wacko.gif check it out.

definitly a strange design. i like what someone wrote :lol:

"Interchangeable sensors? - what a silly idea.

Its like buying a car with interchangeable engines - whats the points?"

i found these cool time lapse vids on vimeo shot with a canon dslr, there friggin awesome :thumbsup:

just recently bought a D7000 body, loving it so far, much nicer to use than my D60!

not enjoying having no motor sport to shoot lately though.

Ive been asked by a few people to shoot their weddings recently and ive been also looking into it a bit, any tips for it? I know I need to get some better glass thats for sure..what about lighting etc?

Thanks! :)

Sign in to follow this