Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

The random photography thread

http://www.tigertemplethailand.com/

i think that may be it. early start and late finish! haha great day though! the tigers are amazing, the long drive gives you chances to photo the country side though :)

Thanks for the linky.

I see its a day trip.

I've saved it and hope to get hands on with the Tigers next time i visit :)

i just ordered a lomography fisheye2 camera with colour splash flash. should be here in a week or so. anyway have any experience with lomography?

i've used my girlfriends normal lomography camera and got some pretty cool shots.

Cool, it should be fun!!

No experience, but would like to see what fun shots you can come up with...post them up.

on a side note, i think fooling around with something like a lensbaby could also be fun to try.

Anyone have one or used one?

http://www.tigertemplethailand.com/

i think that may be it. early start and late finish! haha great day though! the tigers are amazing, the long drive gives you chances to photo the country side though :)

Thanks for the linky.

I see its a day trip.

I've saved it and hope to get hands on with the Tigers next time i visit :)

if you do that tour you get too, youll get led around and they will take photots with you and the tigers and you pet them. its an amazing feeling whilst you feel terrible for the way they are treated lol

just quietly i'm in love with NZ!!!

is it the sheep?!? :P

HHAHHAHAHHAHA

If anyone is keen, check out my cousin brothers bird photography: http://www.kaustubhr.com/birds/index.html

Hope you like it..

sidd those photos are really nice.. does he do it commercially?

just quietly i'm in love with NZ!!!

is it the sheep?!? :P

HHAHHAHAHHAHA

If anyone is keen, check out my cousin brothers bird photography: http://www.kaustubhr.com/birds/index.html

Hope you like it..

sidd those photos are really nice.. does he do it commercially?

Thank you, i will surely let him know.

Not to sure who exactly he takes pictures for now, but hes had his pictures printed in magazines, calendars etc.. Im going to ask him to upload new pics..

Cameras direct got 7d for 2.3k!!

Reasonably priced i must say.

Hey guys, here are my first attempts With the Nikon D90 (crappy lens, 15mm-55mm) + some help from photoshop. let me know what you guys thinks:

Pics removed - Since you have posted this now in the other thread.

ta,

Siddr20.

Jivlah, nice set there with a good variety of cars.

The location and angles are great, like the PP on the first and last ones.

Some of your crops appear to be a little tight, with parts of the car that have been chopped off which i would have prefered to have seen.

Thx for sharing :)

Yeah, it was just some experimental shots, still getting use to all the settings and stuff on the camera. im pretty limited by the lens and most of the shots had other awkward objects in the back so i had to crop it.

The fav out of my pics is the STI photo.

If anyone wants some high reso pics let me know! pm me!

So thinking of selling the 70-200f4Is, for the 50mm f1.2L as im leaning towards more portrait and indoor work. hmmm

Should i? lol

nah man, you should do more motorsport photography. judging by what you took at DA you would do real well.

So thinking of selling the 70-200f4Is, for the 50mm f1.2L as im leaning towards more portrait and indoor work. hmmm

Should i? lol

Did you consider the other cheaper options??

I just couldnt justify the 50L...

But i want a quick lens for indoor stuff.

So thinking by end of year go full frame and have the following gear:

5Dm2 - with 24-70 f2.8 and i can also use my 70-200f4 IS (if i have enough money upgrade to 2.8IS).

40d - with 50 f1.4 or 85mm f1.8 for portrait stuff.

Would love to afford the 50 f1.2L, but im sure thr 1.4 would be ok for a while.

Your thoughts?

keep in mind that im slowly moving away from landscape stuff to portrait work, studio work and hopefully weddings.. Thats my aim anyways.

Love to hear what you think.

ta

escobar s13 - can you post those pictures again in the other thread pls..

This one is purely for discussion purposes.

Thanks.

But i want a quick lens for indoor stuff.

So thinking by end of year go full frame and have the following gear:

5Dm2 - with 24-70 f2.8 and i can also use my 70-200f4 IS (if i have enough money upgrade to 2.8IS).

40d - with 50 f1.4 or 85mm f1.8 for portrait stuff.

Would love to afford the 50 f1.2L, but im sure thr 1.4 would be ok for a while.

Your thoughts?

keep in mind that im slowly moving away from landscape stuff to portrait work, studio work and hopefully weddings.. Thats my aim anyways.

Love to hear what you think.

ta

FF for portraiture :thumbsup:

The 50L doesnt offer much more than a Sigma 50/1.4 EX lens.

In comparison The 50L is 3+ times the price, has more CA, maybe slightly sharper, negligible separation difference between 1.2 and 1.4 in DOF. Focus isnt perfect on either...

But does have weather sealing and L badge too :)

Anyone upgraded from cs3 to 4?

Worth the upgrade?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good photography course that's on offer in Melbourne? Been meaning to do some research on this for a while now.

Thanks for your help.

-R

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good photography course that's on offer in Melbourne? Been meaning to do some research on this for a while now.

Thanks for your help.

-R

What exactly did you want to learn?

If its just basic 'get to know your camera' i highly suggest you just read a few good online sources and experiment yourself. Thats the only way you are going to learn.

If its more studio stuff then yea i would say do it.. But if its just normal get to know your camera more then just read the sticky thread here and learn yourself.

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

-R

What exactly did you want to learn?

If its just basic 'get to know your camera' i highly suggest you just read a few good online sources and experiment yourself. Thats the only way you are going to learn.

If its more studio stuff then yea i would say do it.. But if its just normal get to know your camera more then just read the sticky thread here and learn yourself.

I agree, the most important part of photography is intuitive and cant really be taught and thats creativity. Its something that even the best pro photographers still learn each and every day.

On that note, I just bought a 50mm f1.8 lens. So, the learning process begins again for me :P

double post, sorry...

Loving the new lens. Going from zoom to fixed prime is an interesting transition. Will probably take a while to get used to a fixed focal length, but so far have been having fun with the nifty fifty (although its a 75mm on my DX camera :P)

6926_1157561572307_1025781561_30400335_5977093_n.jpg

6926_1157589333001_1025781561_30400379_405660_n.jpg

Heres my facebook folder where i'll be adding pics as i learn how to use the new lens (wont need to log in or have a facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024343&id=1025781561&l=edb32e8e99

Will upload pics to my website at some stage, they are a lot sharper than the facebook compressed ones.

So on other news that might interest you:

Hasselblad launches new H4D high-end DSLR, featuring revolutionary True Focus functionality.

Have a read at the link below.. Its quite interesting and who knows maybe this function can be incorporated into normal dslrs!!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09092802hasselblad.asp

Sign in to follow this