Sign in to follow this  
davidl

Tips on dropping some more kg's

Hey All,

So far this year i have dropped 38kg.. still have a way to go to hit my goal.... My daily workout at the gym has been getting a little boring, and to say the staff at the gym are useless is an understatement.

So basically, i would like your idea's on dropping weight and doing some tone work...

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

David

38kg in short of 9 month's? that's a crazy amount of weight to drop.

Can you post pic's of before and after and example of diet and workout so we can get an idea of what your current regime is? also what weight you started and where you are at now?

Cheers.

38kg in short of 9 month's? that's a crazy amount of weight to drop.

Can you post pic's of before and after and example of diet and workout so we can get an idea of what your current regime is? also what weight you started and where you are at now?

Cheers.

Don't have before and after shots yet.. would prefer to wait till i hit my goal.... my current weight is 158kg.. so i am still a large lad...

my diet consist of

1 piece of fruit for breakfast

Lunch is usually Multi grain Bread with chicken, or ham.

Dinner - 80grams of protein and some asian veg's, eat alot of fish.

Throughout the day i try to drink 2 litres of water...

Workouts consist of 40 minutes on the treadmill and 5 rounds of weights using the machines.

Shit DavidL put your flame suit on!!

But seriously have a look in the foods that make you look good nekid thread, heaps of info in there. People on here will tell you to cut the treadmill out to focus on weights and HIIT (High Intessity Inteval Training), also to lose the processed carbs (breads, pasta, rice) and only try to eat lean meats (chicken breast, lean steaks, etc) with leafy/green vegetables.

I suggest you read the stickied threads in this section, pay special attention the the amount of calories an individual need for weight loss, then ask questions.

Well done on the first 30kg, good luck with the next 60 or so.

well done with the progress so far. great effort. all ill say is read the stickied threads as said and yes weights and HIIT.

and double your water intake.

no flame suit, freakin well done mate!!! massive loss - not easy sticking to a diet like that .. you could fit 3 more small meals in to keep your metabolism up though which would really help.

as others have said concentrate on HIIT. Get on the weights alot more as well.

for quick reference, cardio burns fat while your doing it, heavy lifting burns fat for the next 12 - 24 hours...

sh1t yeah why would u flame a dude who seems more dedicated and directed then most people.. well done man thats an awesome amount of weight, keep going your doing great, tips i might give you is mix up the cardio section.. try the bike, try the stepper, cross trainer, rowing machine and try different types of approaches, like air/shadow boxing for a minute then rest, on and off, alterning your movements to include star jumps, side steps, side running (depending if ur on treadmill or environment i guess) etc.

youll find the lighter and fitter you become, the more movements you will want to incorporate because you CAN do them, and youll love it.

lol at NPR33 From: Melblourne

Edited by XDRIFT

Cheers for the info, i will read up on the stickie treads on here...

Holy f**k you dropped alot of weight there mate good stuff. As express said earlier you should try fit in around 2-3 more meals for you're metabolism.

Congrats so far!! Only thing is remember ages ago ghosty recommending shorty do HITT and Markos saying he shouldnt because of smoking and it being a risk. Being the size this guy is it might still be dangerous? Or Markos might have been stirring :unsure:

lol at NPR33 From: Melblourne

Haha LOL indeed, I alwyas tpye like taht!

If your skinny and you want to get big and strong, pick heavy shit up off the ground and overhead. If your fat and you want to get lean, pick heavy shit up off the ground and overhead. If you want to maintain, pick up heavy shit off the ground and overhead. If you want to get better at your sport, pick up heavy shit off the ground and overhead. Adjust your diet to suit your goals.

Well done.

In saying that, you've lost ALOT of muscle on the way, as well as fat. This means your metabolism is now very low. When you're huge it doesn't really matter, just eat less and do cardio, weight will fall.

But you've now got to the point where metabolism comes into play, and as long as that is low you won't lose too much more weight.

You need to increase it by doing 2 things.

Changing your diet, eating way more often, obviously small portions but consistently throughout the day.

Get on a SERIOUS weight training program, not machine weights.

These coupled together will help build muscle, which will help get the metabolism up, which will not only help you lose fat but help you look good in the process.

^^^^^Perfect answer