Sign in to follow this  
Sheepy

Car accidents you've been in

was cleaning out the computer tonight and found pics from my accident last nov where they guy hit and wrote it off :(

003tie.jpg

006gvm.jpg

they figured it was economically a write off....after they quoted the exhaust that was on it when i bought it they went...ah...i dont think so coz that was apparently $1500 to be replaced.

ouch!! how did that happen if you dont mind me asking..? seen a similar thing happen to a mate of mine who drives an s15 due to being tailgated. scared it will happen to me cause for some reason im ALWAYS tailgatted by soccor mums, or old men in mercs. -_-

i was just waiting to turn right into my street and the guy came up behind said he was changing his radio station so wasn't watching the road. he didn't brake at all....i was the brake so it wasn't a tailgating incident.

just a young p plater not watching. he was a really nice guy though.....he was saving up to buy a silvia at the end of the year.....he had no insurance so had to get a loan to pay me out the full 22K my car was insured for.

there was a kink in the roof as well.....was a great front cut but they sold it to the auction place and it was gone before I even knew about it so I couldn't buy the wreck. was abit pissed bout that :( guy reckons he was only doin 50 (was a 50 zone) but I think it may have been abit more

Was in an crash on Friday night..

It was around 9:30-10pm was on Toorak rd, turning into monash freeway, My s14 was in outer lane, other driver was in inner lane, In the middle on the intersection as we are both turnin she decides to change lane, come out hits into my driver side door and along the side of the car, my car began skidding and heading towards and island with signs and traffic light poles, luckily managed to counter steer and gain control of the car. Anywayz the driver was an chinese international student with an international drivers license. She sort of agrreed tHAT it was her fault but nxt mornin i call up her insurance company to see if she lodged a claim. She did but she totally changed her story and said that i was trying to get into her lane..... We pulled up along the shoulder which enters onto the freeway and exchanged details. A couple of modded S13's drove past us. Was wondering if they saw anything????? I was standing outside my red s14....

Hav any of you been in a similar situation wereby the person changes the story even though they admitted fault wen the accident took place????

It happens all the time. Just keep arguing the point with your insurance company.

I had a car accident about 2 years back. I rolled my ute and yeah not pretty. Had to pick up my ex bf's cousin cause he was to drunk and it was wet and my car went flying :stretcher:

Was in an crash on Friday night..

It was around 9:30-10pm was on Toorak rd, turning into monash freeway, My s14 was in outer lane, other driver was in inner lane, In the middle on the intersection as we are both turnin she decides to change lane, come out hits into my driver side door and along the side of the car, my car began skidding and heading towards and island with signs and traffic light poles, luckily managed to counter steer and gain control of the car. Anywayz the driver was an chinese international student with an international drivers license. She sort of agrreed tHAT it was her fault but nxt mornin i call up her insurance company to see if she lodged a claim. She did but she totally changed her story and said that i was trying to get into her lane..... We pulled up along the shoulder which enters onto the freeway and exchanged details. A couple of modded S13's drove past us. Was wondering if they saw anything????? I was standing outside my red s14....

Hav any of you been in a similar situation wereby the person changes the story even though they admitted fault wen the accident took place????

Yep, we witnessed along with neighbours, a kid (bout 14) push the handle bar of his bike down the whole side of my boys ute. his parents appologized owned up to it n everything, when it came to lodging the claim, she had cleaned the handle bars and said her son had nothing to do with it! even with 3 neighbour witnesses, we couldnt get it paid for. his ute is a completely custom blue too, and got quoted $4700 to get it matched / resprayed because they would have to blend it.

f**king useless, I hope this chinese student gets the kick up the bum. get investigators into it, usually they can tell by the marks on your car how it was hit etc. and therefor can proove you were not at fault!

good luck!!

My first car was a boat lol well close enough it was a Ea falcon. Had only had my p's for about 5 months. I was sitting at the lights waiting to turn right to go up south road, it was a little wet and was still drizzly a bit, the lights went green i slowly took off as i turned my wheels spun and i started heading towards the car in the lane next to me on my right so i turned the wheel left to correct myself and over corrected myself and ended up going thru a metal fence and taking out 2 caravans, car was a ride off. Had to laugh tho cos a month after i crashed into it a commodore went into it then another month after a truck went into it!

ssa403733gs.jpg

ssa403727yg.jpg

ssa403788ge.jpg

craps thats one crazy hit! .

I had the best crash in my old 180sx, i'm supprised no one was hurt, it was wet obviously, and 5 cars decided they didn't like me all at the same time, i had my bonnet comming thru my windscreen, passanger door, practically sitting in my lap, rear just compleatly destroyed, and the rear driverside quarter well wasn't really there anymore. and it all happened because some corolla decided to pull out in front of me and stop in the middle of the road.

I had to climb out my smashed drivers side window, which was always attractive, and stand in the hail for an hour and a half whilst the towtruck arived and the police decided to rock up, and argue who's fault it was. Then cause i work for the insurance company, I'm insured with, i had to stare at the wreck for 5 weeks till i got paid out and could dispose of the wreck. Then my then Boyfriend gets me a VW golf without consulting me, and i had to cruse around in a no power brick, until i bought his car off him and he took the no power brick.

so yeah moral of the story... get your car properly complied, don't let your bf buy your car, and don't trust old asians in corollas they are dangerous.

ps my car was the only writeoff. ^_^

Heading to work one tuesday morning, A dude in a ute ran a red light and i smashed into him, pushing him onto his side sliding about 15 metres.. I later found out that in his statement to the Police he said "I dont recall what colour the Light was, It could of been purple for all i know :hammer: )

The impact of the hit spun me around facing the st to the left..

The accident was on Ann st in the valley at about 7.45am

We were both taken to hospital, where the nurses and ambo's told me i was very lucky to be able to walk out of there.. And that if i was in an older car, I might not have been so lucky..

Big Reps to my car tho.. Both Airbags went off and she took the hit so well!!!

And sure showed that ute who's boss lol

RIP SPOOKS. (Spooky the Suzuki)

PICS.......

post-63816-1248931444_thumb.jpg

post-63816-1248931622_thumb.jpg

post-63816-1248931628_thumb.jpg

post-63816-1248931632_thumb.jpg

WoW!

Glad you were not hurt badly!

I haven't been in any major accidents. Just a few small ones with my Grandparents and Ex-boyfriend.

Went out one night with my fiance and his friend was driving....turned out to be a nightmare and still recovering from it

post-73376-12655237556332_thumb.jpg

Went out one night with my fiance and his friend was driving....turned out to be a nightmare and still recovering from it

1238443542.jpg

geezus....was everyone ok? was that an s15 by any chance?

Holy f*cking hell. I'm surprised you're still here talking to us today. I don't believe in any sort of god but something must have been looking over you. Are you able to tell us more?

Alot of peoples lives were changed that night, the driver of our car now has to live with injury that will affect him for life...

Another friend lost his life in that same accident but in another car..

Me and My fiancee were passengers that ended up being trapped under the rear end cabin of our friends car, which had rolled and overturned during the accident.

After being trapped under the car for 45 minutes, the firemen had to cut part of the chassis which was wedge in between my fiance leg and to get us out.

We were VERY LUCKY to get out of this situation alive...

My fiance has a scar on his face, back and neck problems, and tendon damage to his ankle. He is slowly getting better with walking, but it takes time and alot of physio.to

Whilst I on the other hand just received some cuts and bruising, not including the whole trauma of being awake and trapped under a car with my fiance and not being able to do anything.

One car was a WRX and the other was a R33 skyline.

Apparently the WRX hit the stobie pole sideways and then rammed into a stone wall. The skyline also hit the same stobie pole, apparently moments after the first car had hit the pole.

The car we were in, the skyline, apparently also hit a tree and the tore into two parts that were sent flying all over the place.

Alot of peoples lives were changed that night, the driver of our car now has to live with injury that will affect him for life...

Another friend lost his life in that same accident but in another car..

Me and My fiancee were passengers that ended up being trapped under the rear end cabin of our friends car, which had rolled and overturned during the accident.

After being trapped under the car for 45 minutes, the firemen had to cut part of the chassis which was wedge in between my fiance leg and to get us out.

We were VERY LUCKY to get out of this situation alive...

My fiance has a scar on his face, back and neck problems, and tendon damage to his ankle. He is slowly getting better with walking, but it takes time and alot of physio.to

Whilst I on the other hand just received some cuts and bruising, not including the whole trauma of being awake and trapped under a car with my fiance and not being able to do anything.

One car was a WRX and the other was a R33 skyline.

Apparently the WRX hit the stobie pole sideways and then rammed into a stone wall. The skyline also hit the same stobie pole, apparently moments after the first car had hit the pole.

The car we were in, the skyline, apparently also hit a tree and the tore into two parts that were sent flying all over the place.

Damn......someone definitely watching over you

Its impossible to comprehend something like that happening let alone having to live with the repercussions

I remember that accident but I never saw those photos. I didn't even realise there were two cars in that photo.

Yeah it pretty hard to drive again....there's so many bad drivers on the road that just suddenly make you stress you out....makes me not want to drive at all...s13 has been driven by my fiancee 5 times in the last 11 month since the accident...fiancee just started driving it again...took him 4 month b4 he could walk again...another 5 month b4 he could drive manual again (10min max) b4 his leg dies and back on crutches...still limp when he walks normal paced ( kinda cute)

I remember waking up upside down..taking my off seatbelt... and trying to wake my fiancee up....with his face bleeding all over my pants...holding his face and him telling me that no matter what happens he'd always love me and apologizing for going in his friends car...not being able to move and holding him as the car was crushed and he kept blanking out ....having to try to keep him awake... and me screaming when i heard the car may have been on fire...

Its has been the hardest thing in my life and many more sleepless night and bad nightmares to come...not to mention stress of maybe attending court as a witness

All I can say is think twice about getting in anyones car or If your driving anyone to drive extra safe as their life is in your hands..

Cleah

post-73376-12658377927616.jpg post-73376-12658377769491_thumb.jpg post-73376-12658377453859_thumb.jpg

Edited by c.l.e.a.h

Oh wow Cleah..I'm so sorry to hear, pictures don't do justice I'm sure words don't either of what you have been through.. my heart goes out!

As said before, deffinately being watched over.. you are extremely lucky!

If only the youngsters that are all dying over our roads today knew the affect these accidents have on friends, family, etc. its so sad that lives are being lost over reckless driving, and I see it on the roads every day just too and from work.:(

Holy shit thats bad, glad you guys are ok.

Is this the one that was in the news for racing in the streets?

I've had 2 accidents, 1 in each car.

1st one was in my s13. I was on a roundabout and an old man coming from a road on my left just drove straight into the side of my car. He said that he'd seen the car in front of me turn off the roundabout and thought I was going in the same direction. He was nice about it - never denied it was his fault or anything. And I think he was more hurt than I was because his door took most of the impact. I hurt my knee a bit because I'd jammed on the brakes when I saw him coming and it jarred my leg when he hit me.

damage 1.JPG

2nd one was in my Stagea but isn't really an accident because my car was parked at the time and I wasn't in it. A couple of weeks ago I had parked on the Esplanade at Christies Beach and a young girl who I don't reckon had her license for too long reversed into it and then did a runner. Lucky for me 3 guys going for a run saw it happen, chased her and got her rego number. I'm very grateful to those guys because otherwise I'd be paying for the $3000 worth of damage. Turns out she only has 3rd party insurance so she'll be paying for it out of her own pocket I guess. It gets fixed in 10 days time thank goodness. I hate seeing it all dented :(

26022010452.jpg

casually thought i'd take out a cliff and pole up loftys on friday night. didn't end well. just lucky that in the end was best case scenario and could of been a heap worse. poor girls just sitting out front now, in need of a new bumper, light and radiator. haven't yet checked suspension or any arms.

26885912826876726222310.jpg

It has almost been a year since my accident. It was my pride and joy but I am just glad both my boyfriend and I were ok.

He suffered 7 fractures to his skull and I copped major bruising to my legs. It took a few weeks but my boyfriend recovered and I was able to walk normally again.

It was the scariest night of my life, just remember you can always be vulnerable.

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

I had my first car ( a te gemini) for 12 days before i wrote it off.

Round a corner and straight into a tree.

Wasnt being an idiot, was driving a friend home on a break and i was used to driving a VK, come round the corner and there were loose stones everywhere next thing you know mate and i are looking at each other saying WTF and bang.

Lucky it was a hot day and windows were down cause we couldnt open the doors. No major injuries but very scary!

i have only ever been in one accident, touch wood & i never wanna do it again. I was ment to be driving to my boyfriends house, realised i had no fuel, stopped at the servo near my house, went to fill up, but for the first time in my life, i opened the hatch instead of the fuel flap, never ever done it before. i sorta forgot about it, filled up, left. then just before the turn for the free way on ramp, i pulled over to close it. 60 seconds later, i was on the on ramp, there was a car infront of me, i noticed they were doing 80, so i backed off, they accelerated to merge, so i checked my blind spot, by the time i looked back they had stopped. ( yes they stopped that quick -_- ) who the f**k stops on an on ramp!? i tried to brake, i locked up and slid hit them doing about 70 k's the car tried to pull right onto the freeway into the really busy traffic, i had to fight it, hit the car infront once, hit the guard rail, then hit them again, the car just couldnt stop. the guy got scared of merging, and i got fined for it. i now have more back problems than i did before, neg driving against my name, and i miss that little car so much :'( everything happens for a reason, im just grateful that it wasnt a truck or something in front of me. to this day, im so angry that i got done for it. everyone thinks i was up the guys ass, i wasn't though his 2011 camry and my 1992 astina, obviously were on different braking wavelengths... but still. who stops on an on ramp???

i also forgot to add, the impact was that bad, i bent the chassis rails, the exhaust was pushed right out the back of the car, pushed the engine into the fire wall , and i couldnt open the doors...

i don't have photo's of it on my work computer :(

RIP Astina, I miss you.

photo15gz.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by MIS5Y