Sign in to follow this  
hyper-180

lost both my keys for my 180

ey ppl just a quick questions, ive lost both my keys for my 180 and not to sure what to do now. i got racv to open the car but now i dont knoe what to do. should i remove the barrels and take them to like a lock smith or something???? ny help ppl???

nothing to do but but a new car wez. part of your racv cover is they can send out a locksmith to u for a certain amount of time then u gotta cover the rest. and he can make a key for u.

go to the wreckers and rape a s13 for the barrel and doorlocks and a key.

along with transfer papers or some sort of proof of ownership

what crzy_180 said is spot on....looks like racv only did half their job.

They cover up to $165 and a key cut only costs like $50 anyhows so its all covered, it happened to me and they sent a locksmith out and he made up a new key on the spot. If your car has am immobiliser then your gonna have to get it towed.

i asked the racv guy and he said he cant remove it for me, he said i have to remove it my self and take it into a lock smith...

yeah there mechanics are dumb asses. give racv a call and ask them.

ey ppl just a quick questions, ive lost both my keys for my 180 and not to sure what to do now.

END IT!

Anyone ever had the RACV guy with only one arm come to help them? geuss what he did? rang a tow truck...

I snapped a key of in the ignition of my telstar a few years back, rang the RACV and asked for help... they said that there is nothing they can do. i would have had to call a locksmith myself.

after arguing wif the lady on the phone from racv they've finally decided to call a lock smith and have them come to my house, unfortunately there only covering a little bit of the price and i have to pay the rest. thanks for the all the replies.

hyper-180 - did you read my post buddy? which racv cover do you have totalcare? It should be all covered....keep arguing