Sign in to follow this  
just_learning_import

Calling On Grafiti Artists

Hi Guys n Gals , Im reaching out to any one that maybe intersted in doing a Bit of Graffiti Legaly for a school , The area wich is needing painting , I have persuaded them to let me find some one to do some graffitti on it , But there is a catch .

The theme is Penguin and Ice cap you know like up in the arctic circle type of thing , Im wondering would any one have the abilty to do this type of subject ?? , Im looking for a couple of penguins and some iceburg type of things , Its a long wall about 25 meters and about 6 foot high Im not asking to cover all of it but a good size pic would be awsome .

So if any one wants to submit a drawing so we can present it to the school and get it started . Oh and its a none paying thing as well I know its alot to ask , But its for the kids , So what I am willing to do is cover the cost of paint and then maybe swing some thing your way for your hard work .

Please feel free to leave your ideas here , also you can PM me if you want to remain anonimous

hey mate..... im a writer, have been for 10 odd years..... have been commissioned by bris city council and quite a few companies numerous times to do murals and that all over the place, have done these kinds of projects quite a lot.... i can easily round up some of brisbanes best writers with a few phonecalls to do this.....

a few questions though.... what side of bris is the school on?? what kind of surface is it?? and what brand of paint will you be supplying.....?

post up some of your work gravy

haha, but that would just ruin the fun for you trying to work out what i write.. ;)

haha, but that would just ruin the fun for you trying to work out what i write.. ;)

or just prove my thoughts right... haha

here ya go mez... a few old sketches from a few years ago.... and no, none of them are of what i write.. ;)

IMG_1797.jpg

Its a besser brickwall , It on brisbanes east side its already painted with some sort of acrilic i think . As for paint , what sort do you need and what is an estemated cost so i know ??? sounds good though , if you could work out some sort of figure in cost all round so we can work on it from there , as the pool will pay some and I am paying the rest out of my pocket , I would really love to see some color in there and to show the area off as well , its very bland and boreing , cheers mate

I hear writers love australian export paint ;)

none of that krylon junk :lol:

not bad gravy

lol Monstar 100 youd be suprised how many fools i catch with that line each time i catch a graffiti vandalist

i rake in an extra 1000 for myself :ph34r:

Its a besser brickwall , It on brisbanes east side its already painted with some sort of acrilic i think . As for paint , what sort do you need and what is an estemated cost so i know ??? sounds good though , if you could work out some sort of figure in cost all round so we can work on it from there , as the pool will pay some and I am paying the rest out of my pocket , I would really love to see some color in there and to show the area off as well , its very bland and boreing , cheers mate

ok so a 25m wall can do prob 4 people ideally..... me, seiko, sofles an akwa maybe... thatd be a cool wall...... ummm, we'll need about 8-10 cans each inc background.... @ about $10-12 a can..... prob $400-450 max in paint (could be quite a bit cheaper depending on a few things)... timewise, approx when were you thinking of having this done.....? (please dont say exactly where or when this would be happening on the forum.. ;) to get these kind of dudes to do this, we cant have lots of people knowing specifics..)

haha... back when i started doing these kind of things... sometimes we'd rock up and they had like 10 export cans for a wall 20 odd metres long.... we'd be like.... wtf?? ....a lot of people dont realise that you can only do these kind of things with a few brands of paint.. and the $2 ones you get at crazies dont really cut it.. whenever we did bcc stuff theyd send out a dude with a bcc credit card to take us shopping for whatever we wanted.. we'd spend like $1500 on paint and keep whatever we didnt use.. :P

HAha there's like only 2 colours in the export range that are usable (just). Tho back in the day when strapped for cash...

Krylon has gone shit now IMHO.

HAha there's like only 2 colours in the export range that are usable (just). Tho back in the day when strapped for cash...

sky blue an chrome.. ;)

yeah... no-one uses krylon anymore... montana & ironlak ftw :yes:

lol You dudes are fags, ragging on paint, rock what you got, all ends up marking the wall at the end of the day.

If you got shitty exports, go bombing or start mixing with dymarks.

If you got krylons learn can controll etc.

You can work around any brand of paint and still pull off a burner.

sky blue an chrome.. ;)

yeah... no-one uses krylon anymore... montana & ironlak ftw :yes:

Oh and you forgot one very important export colour.

Matte black, its painted many a car on ns.com lol

that sketch is beasty gravy

that sketch is beasty gravy

which one??

ok , Thanks for getting back to me , And thanks for setting a price , to work from . as for time scale it will be some time over next 2 months I guess , and as for privacy and discretion you already have it . All I need now is some basic pics to show the school to get it passed officialy , But they have said they doubt there will be a problem at all , but they do need to see what is going on the wall before they say yes .

I think we can definatly come to some arrangment in the near future if you like , pm me and let me know your thoughts and so on or post here .

Cheers again

lol You dudes are fags, ragging on paint, rock what you got, all ends up marking the wall at the end of the day.

If you got shitty exports, go bombing or start mixing with dymarks.

If you got krylons learn can controll etc.

You can work around any brand of paint and still pull off a burner.

mmmmmm K sick kent...

Yeah man I got MAD can control... and I've got 3 eyes! :rolleyes: pffft

sky blue an chrome.. wink.gif

yeah... no-one uses krylon anymore... montana & ironlak ftw yes.gif

Spot on gravy!

Montana Blacks and only the new ironlaks, the old ones clogged up every 2 minutes.

Still love Beltons tho

I need more commissions down my way. {sad face}

i will make a few calls and get back to you via pm in a few days.....

Belton Molotow ftw :yes::yes::yes:

Nothin like one with a pink dot cap on it. HUGE!!! hahaha

Edited by Bas S14

here ya go mez... a few old sketches from a few years ago.... and no, none of them are of what i write.. ;)

WAOWWW!!!

thats awsome.

Dam it.. i use to have a good hand in drawing. But now im like a lil kid - i can only draw stick figures.. :(

lol

WAOWWW!!!

thats awsome.

Dam it.. i use to have a good hand in drawing. But now im like a lil kid - i can only draw stick figures.. :(

lol

haha, thanx eva.... i think i did those almost 5 yrs ago.. not the best, but im not going to post those.. :ph34r: ...dont really have much time to sketch anymore with uni work.. :P

Edited by gravy

Yeh, i think thats the prob.

You get older, more responsibilities (work, uni etc) and dont have much time for the things you use to like doing.

But yeh man, thats awsome. Ill be looking in this thread more to see if you post anything ells up :)

But yeh man, thats awsome. Ill be looking in this thread more to see if you post anything ells up :)

;)

and no mez.... none of them are what i write again.

IMG_1799.jpg

:yes:

+1 to this man!

Gravy, whos up for a sketch battle?

Dunno if im in due to time, but hey could be fun regardless

:yes:

+1 to this man!

Gravy, whos up for a sketch battle?

Dunno if im in due to time, but hey could be fun regardless

sounds cool... kinda got a bit of uni work im doin but will play round with something in my breaks.... will try finish by later tonight.

....to make it fair, and slightly difficult.... it has to say 'hardtuned'

ok....ready....set......go!

**runs off to get paper..** :P

Sign in to follow this