Sign in to follow this  
tas_180

Updates - What's the latest with your car?

LS1 in 1200 ute? the thing will be endo'ing full time

Seems to work pretty well here. You have obvsiously forgotton they are an all alloy motor and weigh bugger all really comapred to a lot of motors. They are 50kg lighter than an RB25 for example

Cubic inches = torque +1 win

good ignition system for the 1jz = ???

so many different opinions its unreal.. adaptronics ecu so need to run a rb25 ignitor, this with stock coils in good condition seems like it would be sufficient?? or bosch coils and what sort of ignitor do these need to work with ecu somebody??

cheers

im not 100% sure but if your runing a rb25 ignighter you must have 6 ignition outputs. if this is so you should be able to run an late model falcon coil pack. 6 coils in one. there is heaps of info on changing to a falcon coil pack on skylines australia.

other wise LS1 coils are the bomb. haltech sell them with plugs to suit. they have built in ignighters so most ecus can run them. basicly these coils are between normal coils or spit fires and cdi units. last time i priced some that were about $130 each with a plug. im sure you can find some cheaper on the net.

UPDATE: Been after these for months now in a sick offset/width. Snavelled them yesterday on the japan auctions...

15x10j -40 :ph34r: :ph34r:

kane20637-img600x450-12997709088rz6ub96099.jpg

kane20637-img600x450-1299770910pyybry96099.jpg

^^ love them long champs bro, gangsta offset!

On another note fitted my 2way in she let's loose with ease now =]

id hate to know wat u paid for them :S

I could of got them for a pretty reasonable price except it had under a day to go and the only site I could easily get them through straight away was import monster, so I have gotten ripped with shipping but I had to get them before the other bidder got em but it doesn't matter I got a pretty big bonus at work that more than covered it. My fronts wont be as extreme and I will try go through Jesse streeter for them. But I have what I wanted, so I was willing to pay a bit extra.

do you have some sort of old school toyota rubbish for thoes wheels to go on now Mandy?

Nope, going on the 180.

Need someone to retune my Nistune in r32, gt garage is booked til April. I'd do it but no license, software or cable plus want it done asap. Any suggestions other than gt garage and Southside performance.

Some gear for sale...

blacktop sr20det engine very healthy

apexi power fc with hand controller

sr20 gearbox

exedy 3 puck clutch

2871r 52T .64 turbo

PM ME! :)

Some gear for sale...

blacktop sr20det engine very healthy

apexi power fc with hand controller

sr20 gearbox

exedy 3 puck clutch

2871r 52T .64 turbo

PM ME! :)

yes yes...someone buy this gear :D :D

I would be keen as to upgrade to a DET if my savings were in the thousands lol

I could of got them for a pretty reasonable price except it had under a day to go and the only site I could easily get them through straight away was import monster

those wheels make me want to put my laurel back to 4 stud and buy a set for it :ph34r: . since your cashed up , you should grab a decent lsd while your at it smile.gif , i'm assuming you still have a stocko diff in your 180? , it was 1 wheeling on you in the gymkhana thingy on sat .

update for me , i damaged something in the shift in the laurel , it's gone really sloppy , which gives me a good excuse to put the 25 box in :D . on that subject , does anyone have a rb30e laying about they don't want? must be good condish

I could of got them for a pretty reasonable price except it had under a day to go and the only site I could easily get them through straight away was import monster

those wheels make me want to put my laurel back to 4 stud and buy a set for it :ph34r: . since your cashed up , you should grab a decent lsd while your at it smile.gif , i'm assuming you still have a stocko diff in your 180? , it was 1 wheeling on you in the gymkhana thingy on sat .

They are teh best arent they! You can pat them if you like when I get the fitted up to the 180 :):ph34r:

Ohh did not know it was doing that, yus as far as I'm aware she is just stocko. Thanks heaps for letting me know I will look into getting that changed. Any recommendations for a nice upgrade without going silly as its still street driven?

haha i'll hold you to that tongue.gif . add a shim to the vlsd? , it works but imo still not as good as a 1.5/2way . there's a few 'how to shim a viscous lsd' threads plastered on here and sau , it's pretty easy to do smile.gif And i have a few spare shims if you find it hard to get one

Awesome, will to a bit of investigating and look into fixing it :) thanks again for letting me know XD

Awesome, will to a bit of investigating and look into fixing it :) thanks again for letting me know XD

diff shimming is easy mandy. can do it in a night. bring the 180 over as ive got 2 lined up in need of shimming.

Mandi I think you just out did Delazy's love of impulse JDM purchases haha

Certainly look the goods, always liked XR4s, your car is going to be low

with stretched tyres riding on 15s

haha, hope u got some serious widebody planned mandi ;)

ive got 15x10 -26 on my s13 & stick out a mile hahaha

as for diffs, weldy FTW...the weldy i have is formally out of the tasmobile sil80, so dont try tell me they wont handle power (330atw i think it was making) and it hasnt missed a beat :) haha

also eoi on my wheels if someone is interested....

15x8 -4 superlites (black with polished lip) X2

15x10 -26 superlites (black with polished lip) X4

Oh cool thanks Damo that sounds the goods, I'd be up for that! :)

Haha yea klusio, I saw them on some cars in the old skool s13's thread and have been sooking for ages in it to people because I couldn't find any decent ones :P

Madskidz yea both my cars are goin to be fatties now, although the 200 will still trump the 180. I saw yours sticking out on saturdee, definitely going to be smashing some camber and a guard for these D:

Also wheels have been sent from jay-pan via ems/air :D I shall stalk them everyday with my tracking number.

New clutch, exhaust manifold studs, turbo studs - apparently the damn turbo had one nut left holding it on, awesome, along with new gaskets, an oil change, and soon to hopefully be a fixed leaking drivers rear tyre... hopefully it's just the valve or valve stem being stupid. Shall find out tomorrow :|

after the following if any1 has anything??

Gtr diff, gtr driveshafts, gtr rear hubs, s14 rear cradle, 2x 17x9 +30 bronze origin dna 02 rims, rb25 gearbox and r33 gtst handbrake cables....if u have any of this and wana sell let me know???

Rims were in melb yesterday according to my tracking number :D