Sign in to follow this  
davidl

S14 won't boost past .1 bar

Hey All,

Today my car has decided to stop making boost past .1 bar.... I have checked for leaks in all piping... i can't find anything.. I am thinking maybe the turbo has crapped itself... however the car isn't blowing any smoke.. and the turbo hasn't gone bang!!! well yet.... Your Thoughts???

Has it ever ran over 1 BAR, or has it just started running less?

How are you controlling you boost, Bleed Valve (pneumatic) or EBC?

.1 bar? damn what is that like 2psi?? shit man something is not right??? sure you dont mean 1 bar?

Edited by SilviaCA18

if it's 0.1 BAR (that's why people write 0.?, so idiots like me don't misread it) then i would suspect that the circlip has came off your wastegate arm and the Actuator rod isn't connected any more.

Car is using standard boost controller found on S14 and S15... runs about .9 as standard with the normal mods of Exhaust, Cooler etc...

so the drop to .1 is very low.. tomorrow i will pull off the dump pipe and check if i still have rear blades.

if you didn't have any turbine then it would be well and truly only be making vacuum, and the S14 and S15 turbo's have steel wheels so you'd have to doing well to spit them out of the housing. Have a look at what I said. I happened to my car when i first got it as well as some other people i know.

Also 0.9 BAR (13.2 psi) is very high considering you don't have any boost controller.