was bored... thoughts and opinions??

featcarA06.jpg

180_flame_copy.jpg

Looks sweet *edit* Woman*, nice work B)

Edited by influx87

i like it, although id personally take the flame out :P

thanks for the support..

=]

i could take out the flame if you wanted the pic for anythin..

Looks sweet man, nice work B)

:lol: Ahahaha I made the same mistake the other day, read her sig!!!

Reaper101: I think it looks great, except I reckon you should of reduced the blur to only the front half of the car. If you get me, keep the wheels with the radial blur, but keep the back of the car focused. It gives a bit more realism cos the ground in front looks like it's the focus atm.

But it does still look very nice, I like.

Also is that reaper101 just a watermark? Try lay it somewhere else, as its taking away from that nice colourisation effect you've got going.

Sorry I'm just being constructive.

By the way if you want a large poster print, maybe go to a signwriting joint, they tend to do some pretty large scale digital prints at a reasonable price. Get it mounted onto something as well.

thanks for the advice.. i'll make some changes and see what it looks like shall i??

:)

and yeh its just a watermark.. i didnt wanna put it over the car.. lol..

that looks sweet man, i agree with Dragon180, but also, with regards to the flame, i think it may be a tad too dull, considering its fire it would be bright under any light since it is a light source itself, and maybe add a little smoke from around the rear wheels.

my 2c, but it looks great!

Steve

(good to meet you the other night!)

Photo looks good..

Definately captures a sense of speed...

there is only one thing i am thinking though : the ground is standing still and the car is blurred....

Usually when you photograph cars going fast, you try and keep the car is in focus while everything else is blurred due to speed....

Possibly try hand smudging or motion blurring the background , radial blurring then overlaying the wheels, adding the flames etc. then using some masking and the lens blur tool in photoshop to decrease the depth of field on the car (focusing on a certain point only.)

guess overall it depends on the effect your trying to go for, but that will create a more realistic racing shot.

If i get time later today i will give it a shot as well.

rotera1.jpg

rotera2.jpg

Why does it look like there's smoke coming from the front wheels? :lol:

Loz that's exactly what I was trying to say.

You've done a pretty good job conveying it. Except I don't know about those sparks on the bottom version. Too many of them. But shit it still looks TOPS. :thumbsup:

If I had time I'd give it a go, but I'm getting paid for doing other designs at the moment. ^_^

that looks sweet man, i agree with Dragon180, but also, with regards to the flame, i think it may be a tad too dull, considering its fire it would be bright under any light since it is a light source itself, and maybe add a little smoke from around the rear wheels.

my 2c, but it looks great!

Steve

lol ta.. the flame i took off another 180 that was at night.. thats exactly how it looked in the other pic.. so yeh i could have made it brighter but decided i liked it how it was.. it didnt draw too much attention from the car at all..

tried adding smoke however loz done it alot better than i did :P

i was trying to get a more realistic look using blur.. opacity levels and sh*t like that..

Why does it look like there's smoke coming from the front wheels? :lol:

lol ummm i dunno what i was thinkin.. i think i was trying to get it to come around the car.. not sure.. lol

Loz that's exactly what I was trying to say.

You've done a pretty good job conveying it. Except I don't know about those sparks on the bottom version. Too many of them. But shit it still looks TOPS. :thumbsup:

If I had time I'd give it a go, but I'm getting paid for doing other designs at the moment. ^_^

yeh looks madd... i dont go much on the sparks either tho...

but how did you do it?? like getting the smoke how you did?? share your wisdom?? :)

(it was nice to finally meet ya too)

ohhh and with the background i tried to add a motiojn blur to it.. but it didnt work out as well as what i wanted it to.. i did put the wheels as a seperate thing and put a radial blur on them.. used a few layers with a pic for the bottom bit and changed the layers options.. and yeh.. i did it at 2 am tho.. >.

:lol:

but how did you do it?? like getting the smoke how you did?? share your wisdom?? :)

I'm guessing, but you could do it a few ways.

Either add clouds from Filter panel and then resize and erase what you dont need.

or

brush tool and use an appropriate brush then blur.

i used clouds tool, the "difference clouds" processed maybe 3-5 times... then free transforming the layer using the transform mesh tool...... then set the layer to screen,.....

All up i think there was 5 layers of smoke and i used the eraser + smudge + free transform tools to make it look more realistic.

i used clouds tool, the "difference clouds" processed maybe 3-5 times... then free transforming the layer using the transform mesh tool...... then set the layer to screen,.....

All up i think there was 5 layers of smoke and i used the eraser + smudge + free transform tools to make it look more realistic.

ohh k yeh i thought you used the difference clouds.. i'll give it a shot tonight after work and fuse that with my poster.. i'll take out the flame.. try and blur the ground and see if that works and unblur the main body of the car and see what that looks like..

thanks for the advice you 2..

ohhh btw loz.. r u goin to the fortnightly meet next tuesday or not?

Righto I thought I'd give it a go and see how my PS skills are going, plus I didn't wanna look arrogant and criticise other people's efforts without doing my own version. I reckon this thread has some damn decent chops/designs anyway. :thumbsup:

Loz I reckon we start a comp in the future or something, winner gets stickers or something. fun fun fun. :P

yellow_180_drift.jpg

yeh sounds fulli decent... =]

looks good dragon.. :thumbsup:

Looks sweet *edit* Woman*, nice work B)

bahahahahhahahahahahha LAWL :lol:

my reattempt.. still not finished yet.. just playin with the smoke..

=]

reattempt_copy.jpg

lol we should make a competition outta this loz...

guess it'd be interesting as to what ppl design up according to specs n shit.. =]

The smoke looks pretty real.

The car looks tough as.

ta mate.. =]

Sign in to follow this