Sign in to follow this  
negativecamber

Long exposure traffic pics (night time) or road pics at night

You will need a decent dslr camera which allows you to take long exposure shots..

ok thanks, thats a start. any particular model i should look at? is it fairly simple to take a shot like that or is there alot of stuffing around with the setting etc?

Any digital slr camera is capable of doing these types of shot.

It all comes down to the lens you use, and the settings.

The two pictures i have posted in this thread use the stock kit lens (18-55mm). So theres nothing special with my lens!!

Nope not much stuffing around with the settings at all..

Choose your f.stop, amount of exposure, iso and you are set. Its not hard at all to get a decent shot..

st.page: you dont need an SLR - if you want a compromise you can get a compact camera that is still quite capable Eg. canon G9. it has full manual control, viewfinder, flash shoe (main distinguising features), but its not as quick as the SLR to use

i'd recommend a nikon D60 or a canon 450d. the cameras are almost identical and it comes down to which you prefer to use, but the D60 has very nice kit lens.

thanks for your help guys

awesome shots clint i take it you did take them judging by the location

^^ that one certainly is spectacular, and yes mez i did take those 2

first pic makes a good background!

yea although i need 1680x1050 res :P

I made you one up :lol:

custom1.jpg

bwahahahaha

lol :P:lol:

That twisty road one was so damn good I made up a wallpaper......down below if anyone wants it. I like to fiddle in Photoshop so it may change a few times yet...I'm thinking of bring back some colour via layers.

And seeing as I couldn't find a bigger copy of the image I've had to use Genuine Fractals on it, fyi it's probably the best image resizer available without the $$$, goes into photoshop as a file format plugin. So if you need something resized let me know or get the plugin yourself......

Super_S__B_W_.jpg

^^^^ fairly pixelated still though

i think that road is in France somewhere me being a fan of the tour le france ive seen the riders decend on that road they got some nice roads in France

Best original I had was only 800 x 500 so it's not bad [i've applied some filters to it as well for style purposes], and no it's not france but in taiwan. I found the original authors flickr page, he lives near this road lucky mofo....apparently near some town in taiwan that used to be a goldmine or something.

well theres a road in france dead set exactly the same lol i mean exact in the piranese somewhere or the alp i dunno but yer

Hey neg, care to update on this project, as i was really intersted in the results, as i'm sure quite a few others were depite the thread hijacking lol.

well theres a road in france dead set exactly the same lol i mean exact in the piranese somewhere or the alp i dunno but yer

i think ive seen the one in france

watching some documentary about crazy guys that fly though the alps and he almost clips that road

+1 for what happened with this project?

screw doing it on your bonnet man. these roads will look good on the sides. cos you cant get the same length in the picture if you know what i mean

Not quite a mountain shot but one I took last week. Still waiting on the perfect mountain road up here in QLD though. :(

DSC_1841_copy.jpg

Not quite a mountain shot but one I took last week. Still waiting on the perfect mountain road up here in QLD though. :(

DSC_1841_copy.jpg

Nice :)

2781310016_9bcf99e435_o.jpg

ok i thought i'd go the other way around, get the long exposure shot from a cars perspective of the world flowing by...need a suction cap i think, this was handheld wedged between the window and dash one handed lol :P i like it tho :D

2781310016_9bcf99e435_o.jpg

ok i thought i'd go the other way around, get the long exposure shot from a cars perspective of the world flowing by...need a suction cap i think, this was handheld wedged between the window and dash one handed lol :P i like it tho :D

I do love these shots, I figured it'd be a pain in the ass to get set up properly tho lol. Don't think it'd be possible in my car.......too many vibrations.

Just took this one tonight. Pretty surprised how well it came up considering I was manual focusing blackness lol.

2789418796_dbfb517a93.jpg

Sign in to follow this