Sign in to follow this  
adam87

poor mans rb25 conversion

Alright, thanks

Will work it out from this info

What'd you guys do about wiring

I'm planning to just use the rb loom bye itself as my sr one is chopped up with other wiring and it's a bloody mess

I no a lot would of just done it them selves but yea any info ?

i got mine Modded by Simons14, but yes its only like a 3 wires to get it running.

if your SR loom is running fine with everything attached then its easier to just get the plug from the SR engine loom cut of and joined into the RB loom.

Atm i am rewiring my interior as my loom was removed when i got my shell and nothing is working. as mine is a track only car this a easy option for me (can just use trailer wire to do it.)

This thread may help you http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=287099

There are a few more out there but i cant remember what they are called (bling may be able to help you more)

Edited by SpotMan

mine is r33 xmember, r33 engine mount brackets, landcruiser fj70 (iirc) 41mm engine mounts, r32 gearbox, either an a or c crossmember for the box (whatever one people said i needed the other one is the one that worked for some reason) stock 5 speed tailshaft, only issue i had was s13 sway bar didnt fit so got a31 swaybar

only reason i went r33 gear was becasue i couldnt find my spare r32 xmember when i needed it and the r33 cross member was $100 where as they wanted over $200 for a r32 one, i have since found my r32 crossmember, and am half tempted to see what the difference is, yet dont have the engine mount brackets for an r32

Edited by scott black

bump this shit up.

Pretty much were im at.

* in front means still need to do

Rb25de neo

R33 engine crossmember

R33 engine brackets

Kelpro 43mm engine mounts

Sr oil pressure sender

Rb25det gerbox

*Custom gerbox x member

*Custom tailshaft

Ka24de 53mm radiator

JJR rb25 radiator hoses

*2x12'' thermos

Garage 7 wiring loom

Still unsure how to go about powersteering lines.

I have a 33 pump.

Sr lines are screwed so should i try get some rb lines? or go custom?

Not sure how well cooling will be but can only wait and see..

Anyone have pics of their modded gearbox crossmembers when using a 25t box and pwr steering set up.

Matt.

Use the sr ps lines and the r33 pump, crossmember is pretty obvious when it is all in. just need 2 bits of angle iron

I've always used the powersteering lines to suit the crossmember you used, so in your case r33 lines and then you just have to slightly bend and change a fitting where they go into the rack.

And with the gearbox crossmember, as bling said its as simple as 2 pieces of metal.

yea my sr lines are pretty wrecked hence the question.

may as well try the rb lines, cheers

yea ive got an idea on what to do just seeing if anyone has got a pic.

also have just been told that a auto s15 gearbox crossmember fits lol?

also do you guys no what colour the rb25de neo afm should be?

Does anybody make premade single piece tail shaft outside of the usa?

There's nothing really over here Stevoss - I got a 600 hp rated one made for around the $700 mark if I remember. Power steering lines, I used the R33 ones, Just hand to angle them a bit and also file down some of the line ends (To make them fit side by side - Haven't had an issue yet.

Since this thread is still pretty current, i have a question that hasnt been answered in any detail:

Which heater hoses are people using? Stock sr ones are no hope, r32 gtst look to be wrong also!

Thanks guys

I had a look on FAST and r33 ones are a good shape. This is using an rb30 block in an sr car.

can you be a bit more specific on the half half? Like do i use r33 pipes to where there looks to be some kind of tap behind the head, then change to sr ones?

Edited by moss

i dont run a heater so i didnt wory about this but if was me i would go to a parts store and look through there stock for hoses that can be cut to suit or use standard hose with barb joiners

hey guys I know you said to send the wiring harness away but ... you wouldn't happen to have a poor mans wiring guide to would you? :thumb: btw its a great write up ill have to follow it to the t with mine

Edited by bethel

was going to make my own how to guide but got lazy haha

this one is pretty good tho

RB25-S13_Jan_10.pdf

Edited by SK!D

thinking about this,

any news in the past 4years on this conversion on newer products/ways to go about this, or has it all gone LS conversions

already got the r33 brakes, box, modded tail shaft, rb gearbox mount, haltch ps1000, prob run my precision turbo 5557,(making 350rwkw on my built sr) prob keep it low mounted, i also flip my intercoolers and make them sit under the headlights to keep pipes nice and short/neat. would like to keep my falcon thermos,

but still in the dreaming stage until my sr pops, the way i drive wont be long though, anyway this thread needs a bump!!

thinking about this,

any news in the past 4years on this conversion on newer products/ways to go about this, or has it all gone LS conversions

already got the r33 brakes, box, modded tail shaft, rb gearbox mount, haltch ps1000, prob run my precision turbo 5557,(making 350rwkw on my built sr) prob keep it low mounted, i also flip my intercoolers and make them sit under the headlights to keep pipes nice and short/neat. would like to keep my falcon thermos,

but still in the dreaming stage until my sr pops, the way i drive wont be long though, anyway this thread needs a bump!!

thinking about this,

thinking about this,

thinking about this,

Sign in to follow this