Sign in to follow this  
yourmatemitch

Yourmatemitch's Training Log

Stats: 180cm, 67.7kg as of 2/4/08

Session was pretty casualish today. Didn't have motivation / energy to go hard. I kept Set Intervals at between 30-60 seconds though.. was out of gym after about 45 mins which was good.

Squats

60kg x 8 (warmup)

80kg x 8

75kg x 15

MP

30kg x 5 (warmup)

40kg x 8

40kg x 6

Bent Rows

60kg x 6 (warmup0

70kg x 8

70kg x 8

70kg x 10

Incl Bench Press

50kg x 10

50kg x 8

BB Curls

32.5 x 8 x 2

BW Dips

20, 10

Have had another session since the above post. Will update soon.

I have also ordered from Ironmind.com

COC Grippers: Trainers, 1's, 1.5's and 2's

Rolling Thunder Deadlift handle with the pin setup for olympic plates.

Bring on the grip strength. (Was failing at 8/10 reps of 80/90kg). I want to focus on generating good grip strength as it will help in my work also. My goal is to close the 2's (hence I also bought 1.5's to help get me there). I will also be incorperating wrist rolls, farmers walk, pinch grips and static holds into my routine.

Edited by yourmatemitch

Had some time off for various reasons or excuses. Starting to post in here again.

Yesterday (Sunday), took it easy

Morning

Powercleans

50kg x 5 x 3

Shrugs

40 kg x 15 x 2

Afternoon

Squats

60kg x 20

60kg x 15

How'd you go with the grippers? If your grip is failing on 80-90kg you must of found even the 1's hard when you first got them. I started with the trainers, then got the 1's and now I have the 1.5's as well. The 1's I can rep for 10 and I'm repping the 1.5's too now. I noticed the difference in my grip on deadlift straight away.

yeah im a beez dick away from closing them. I just to 2x12 reps each arm and then static holds for 10 seconds a couple of times. Started off a fair way off but now im real close.

I hve done a heap of training too, but i keep a log book in my gym of everything I have done and haven't been bothered to put it up here.

Not DL'ing though so I might give that a shot tomorrow.

Mitch

Crap it has been a while since posting here. I have been keeping a log book though.

Well I've been training pretty consistently for the last 5 months although diet has been a bit up and down.

Just hit 100kg x 20 rep squat in last week. Ghosty to post the video.

My weight is sitting at 78.6 tonight but that is after a day's worth of feeding. Pretty good considering I was 68 about 5 months ago. I have put on fat though which is a first for my skinny ass (probably because of so much milk).

Pushing roughly the following weight:

Squat: 100x22 (or 120x5x5)

DL: 135x8x3

MP: 55x8x3

Bent Rows: 85x8x3

Bench: 70x8x3

Curls: 42.5x8x3

Dips: BW + 15kg 15, 12

Crap it has been a while since posting here. I have been keeping a log book though.

Well I've been training pretty consistently for the last 5 months although diet has been a bit up and down.

Just hit 100kg x 20 rep squat in last week. Ghosty to post the video.

My weight is sitting at 78.6 tonight but that is after a day's worth of feeding. Pretty good considering I was 68 about 5 months ago. I have put on fat though which is a first for my skinny ass (probably because of so much milk).

Pushing roughly the following weight:

Squat: 100x22 (or 120x5x5)

DL: 135x8x3

MP: 55x8x3

Bent Rows: 85x8x3

Bench: 70x8x3

Curls: 42.5x8x3

Dips: BW + 15kg 15, 12

I will add that my aim over the next few months is to get to the 200/300/400lb mark on Bench, Squat, Deadlift 1RMs respectively, and keep improving on my weight. I must be pretty close.

Well done mate, good work! thumbsup.gif

Thanks Mate,

I should add that I pushed for another 1 after the vid stopped. my connection is a bit slow so I cant tell right now but I think it was either 21 or 22 in total. What do you reckon about my depth? Feels lower when you are doing it. The dip or bounce at the very bottom happens pretty quick. I'm going to work on a closer stance and lower depth, maybe pause at the bottom for a bit.

Picture 002.jpg

Pic from around New Years. bit of lighting assistance but meh.

Have trained f**k all since start of january. Just 1 set of squats most weeks.

Gettting back into it this week.

Picture 002.jpg

Pic from around New Years. bit of lighting assistance but meh.

Have trained f**k all since start of january. Just 1 set of squats most weeks.

Gettting back into it this week.

Hey champ, looking good. Are you and Ghosty still training Mondays?

hey mate yeah on and off we are.

Problem with Ghosty is at the moment he only has the capacity to do 2 lifts before he's too tired and wants to go home. :whack: havent seen him for a couple of weeks, I think he was talking about getting a gym membership?

When he's not around its the full SGR start to finish. Monday, Wednesday and the Fri or Sat.

Problem with Ghosty is at the moment he only has the capacity to do 2 lifts before he's too tired and wants to go home. :whack: havent seen him for a couple of weeks, I think he was talking about getting a gym membership?

When he's not around its the full SGR start to finish. Monday, Wednesday and the Fri or Sat.

Haha fair enough.

I see you hit 100x20, good shit mate, im a week or so off.

If it's cool with you I might treck out again and do another session with you.

That being said, you should come sth side for a change of scenery. We are gunna do our own strongman :P we've got big tyres and kegs and shit.

Haha fair enough.

I see you hit 100x20, good shit mate, im a week or so off.

If it's cool with you I might treck out again and do another session with you.

That being said, you should come sth side for a change of scenery. We are gunna do our own strongman :P we've got big tyres and kegs and shit.

sounds good to me mate let me know when.

been out of the game for a while. Lifting once a week for last month to get it happening again...

Lifts are something like

Squat

100kg x 12

85kg x 20

MP

50 3x8

Bench

57.5 3x8

Rows

70kg 3x8

curls

40kg 2x8

Dips

BW x 16, 12

Just increased my kettlebell inventory to full set curtosy of LKT.

So training hard Monday, Wednesday and Fri or Sat depending on situation. Will throw in a heap of KB training on off days to get my fitness up.