Sign in to follow this  
STR8E180

fixed bucket seat

why always brides?? thought about maybe sparco's etc?? I know the brides are a good seat but I beleive tehir not FIA approved??

i run a buddy club bucket in the 180 very very tight seat.. so light though. i drive my car every day no problems.... you just have to get used to climbing in and out. i only run one seat so i can still acess the rear seat without to much effort. hey the bitch can hang on shes not driving :D jks

umm ive done a couple of lomng trips and you will need to get out and streatch every couple of hours / depending on the rake of the seat set up ect.

if you take alot of care setting up the seat you should have no problems, for comfort sake you need to get the alighnment right. / seat centered properly.

kemp i thought you were takink out the 180 seats? put them in the GTR = sexy central

Edited by Biggie

I had a VELO GP90 in my old S14 for a about 4 months. was my daily driver and drove 80 odd Ks a day in it. Loved it. left passanger stock.

Velo was so comfy I almost fell asleep in it lol.

they are FIA approved... check the label

Certain models are, others aren't.

I'd go the fixed back personally since I drift, if the car will see the circuit once or twice a month like mine does I'd get a fixed back. If it's more like an every 6 months thing then perhaps the recliner is more the way to go.

I just ran single fixed back in an otherwise stock interior, didn't look silly or anything really even though the fixed back is red...

why always brides?? thought about maybe sparco's etc?? I know the brides are a good seat but I beleive tehir not FIA approved??

I have no idea why everyone opts for Bride seats, maybe they want to keep some jap theme? :lol::blink:

Personally, I'm going to buy something from either the Sparco catalogue (probably an Evo), or a Velo seat, both of which I know are FIA approved, and pass ADR's.

UPDATE

i just paid for the seats

i think i got it for a very good price :)

$600 for BRIDE ZETA II with RAIL !!!!!!!!

$50 postage

TOTAL: $650 for seat and rail posted to my door

Bride Zeta II

In very good condition

$600

ZetaII.jpg

i drove with a sparco pro 2000 seat in my old bluey for a few months. Absolutely loved it! :D

on short trips, the thinnish padding didnt make a difference. on long trips, it hurt my arse after while, but no different really to the stock TRX seat. and that was mainly coz the suspension was hard as f*$k anyway.

fixed back seats make daily driving that little bit more enjoyable! :P

but as biggie said, does take a bit of getting used to climbing in and out of. mine was a real prick with high sides, so for short commutes it was annoying. but once ya in it, ya love it!

you'll also wear it out quick as anything. all that sliding in/out of really mows through the fabric on the outside (i adapted a method, where id sorta hang onto the A-pillar with both hands and lift my arse as much as possible over the edge of the seat, to get as little friction as possible)

I preffer to drive with a fixed bucket myself even though i dont have one atm, just as stated above they are a tad harder to get in and out of.

Fixed backs are illegal in two door cars Kemp...

awww crap i fully forgot about that

Not if you get register It as a 2-seater and remove the back seats...

Not if you get register It as a 2-seater and remove the back seats...

its my daily car i wanna keep it a 4 seater

not if your passenger seat is a recliner?? don't take it as gospel, but that's always what I thought.

HAY KEMP

WHEN I HAD MY 32 GTR I PUT R34 GTR SEATS IN IT

THEY WERE REALLY AWESOME BEST SEAT I EVER HAD

THEY COME IN LEATHER TOO IF U WANT A NICE LOOK FOR IT

I CANT FIND ANY PHOTOS BUT DAMN

CHEERS

JULZ

I'M SURE HE'LL BE HAPPY WITH THAT NEWS THANKS!!!

I'm not sure whether to get two fixed backs or just get one and get a recliner for the passenger side, I'm planning on removing the back seats and would only be getting the recliner for easy access to the back.

if you leave your car as a 4 seater then it will still be illegal, you must register it as a two seater to be able to run fixed backs (removing your back seat doesn't count either). Doesn't matter if it has a PS Recliner, both entry points to the vehicle must have reclining seats. That is why I will be registering mine as a two seater, no need to worry about that sort of shit.

dunno if i should take the risk of running a bucket seat in a 4seater 2 door car now :( ill see wat else is around for sale

i love my ZIEG III low max's

i could drive in em for ages

the only problem is getting out of them after ive done triceps at the gym lol

EDIT: and as for the "register it as a 2 seater" garbage

you have to go and get a blue slip to be able to do that and then lodge the modification with the RTA

not just simply ask them to change it like ive heard on here before

i asked about it at the RTA the other day when i renewed my rego

can i get a hands up of people runing fixback bucket seats in there 2 door 4 seater car please.

you have to go and get a blue slip to be able to do that and then lodge the modification with the RTA

not just simply ask them to change it like ive heard on here before

i asked about it at the RTA the other day when i renewed my rego

ssshhhh one thing at a time, we are talking to Kemp here

:lol:

ok i thought about it and because the car is my daily i wanna keep it a 4 seater and i dont wanna run the risk of getting it defected so i swapped the Bride Zeta II for Recaro SR3

SR3Red.jpg

PAID $1500 for the pair with rails to suit a R32 GTR

delivered :)

do they come in black? lol

i would of rather them in black but ill take wat i can get

ill retrim my back seats to suit the new Recaro's

hands down for fixed bucket seat in daily .... got a sparco profi which is fixed, hard to get in and off, hurt my back even a 30mins drive, hard to get things in the pocket, sometimes i just don't want to get into my car (like swapping parking spot with my friend), if i have the choice i will get a adjustable one, the only reason that i am using it because i got it cheap ...

^ i dont realli like them ones u posted up

might get that zeta II that i was planing on getting for the GTR and sticking it in the driver side of the 180

its already registered as a 2 seater so at least i wont get defected for it

i like brides more then recaro's, i just thought i would go recaro's in the GTR just for some thing different

I like brides or recaros

any piks of them in the car dude

ive got a vios 3 and i drive my car everyday and im not the skinniest person but kinda shits me getting in and out but when im actually in the seat its comfy as well worth it imo, i ran it in a 4 seater car for awhile then got it registered as a 2 seater but pretty much everything ive said has been covered but i thought id voice my opinion anyway

I recently bought a recaro copy fixed back and am in the process of modifying the universal rails, will be good to see what its like when its in

More than happy driving daily with Brides