Sign in to follow this  
JDM014

SEAT SWAPS S13/S14/S15 R32/R33/R34

i always thought R34 seat rails are different to R32/R33.

because R34 GTT seats won't bolt into a R32/33

and i had a skyline recaro rail for my R32 which on there stated to suit R32 & R33 only

I have a 180sx and i am looking to put s15 seats in it. I wanted to put both front and backs in it. So from what i can figure out from the other posts i can use the s15 rails and seats as a direct replacement in my 180. But as for the backs i unsure if they will fit in and if they do i see that they may have a gap. Does any one know if this is true and if it can be done. Pics may help.

Thanks

So... ive got an R32 GTR Seat going into an S14, From what ive read i need to extend the tabs to meet the holes.. What does the 'extend' mean? chop the current 32GTR bolt mounts and extend them enough till they meet the holes?

Sorry if the question is blonde, just dont want to stuff up and hack at the wrong thing..

if you sit the seat in you will see that one of the "legs" is to short and doesnt reach the hole in the flore for it

best to put it in and test fit it , mesure, then hack up :P

if you sit the seat in you will see that one of the "legs" is to short and doesnt reach the hole in the flore for it

best to put it in and test fit it , mesure, then hack up :P

I have an R34 GTT (coupe) and I'm tall (2m or so) so oftentimes my head touches the roof plus my front speakers sound like shit because I'm sitting so high up. Any ideas if it's possible to shorten the stock rails somehow to give a lower seat height ? Cheers

Denis

^get a aftermarket seat mate with a bride superlow rail.

I have a 180sx and i am looking to put s15 seats in it. I wanted to put both front and backs in it. So from what i can figure out from the other posts i can use the s15 rails and seats as a direct replacement in my 180. But as for the backs i unsure if they will fit in and if they do i see that they may have a gap. Does any one know if this is true and if it can be done. Pics may help.

Thanks

I've just finished a S14 front and rear seat conversion into a '92 180sx. No photos but, anyone with a little know how that can put S14/S15 rear seats into an S13 should be able to pull off the same in a 180sx. I used 4 custom brackets, some pop rivets and self tacking screws to get the job done. The seats fit fine without any obvious gaps. The only difference being that, there is no lower hinges to hold the seat in place when your put the back down to make more room in the boot. The following link was pretty useful...

http://www.silviawa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39068

bump this!

What seat would sit lower in a 180sx.. a 33 or 32 GTR seat? As im taller and dont want to sit up high etc??

Any help???

bump this!

What seat would sit lower in a 180sx.. a 33 or 32 GTR seat? As im taller and dont want to sit up high etc??

Any help???

they are the same mate just the centre part of the seat trim is slightly different

A31/C33 front seats bolt into skylines and vice-versa, so if you are putting aftermarket seats in your cef/laurel just look for skyline rails.

R32 (not sure about R33) rears bolt into the rear of the A31/C33, but the seat cushion is narrower, so there will be a small gap down the sides. I don't think the A31/C33 rear would fit into the GTR.

need an answer on this asap, didnt notice the referance to c33 in this thread when i red it earlier so i started a topic but o'well

if skyline seats fit into a c33, and skyline seats fit into s13, then will s13 seats fit into a c33 laurel....

cheers

Sorry to bump an older thread. I just installed R33 GTS-t seats in my S13 convertible, as mentioned before one tab on each seat needs to be modified but the other 3 mounts line up fine.

One issue I had though was on the drivers side I had to cut a piece out of the plastic base as it was hitting against the fuel/boot release and the soft-top release. It's fairly thin plastic so nothing a stanley knife couldn't cut through, and because it sits in and under you can't even tell it's been cut. It's worth noting these seats are a bit wide and chunky and do cut down on a bit of the back legroom over the standard items.

so my mate is selling me his Recaro seat from his R33 and i want to put it in my R34 GTT will it fit?

So u can bolt s15 seats straight into a s13?

yes you can. I hope you didn't just skip to the last page and asked this. You would've figured if you read the first post on the first page CAREFULLY.

I would like to bump this thread with some breaking info.

S13 seat rails will bolt onto s14 seats!

I know this, as i bought a pair of s14 seats with rails, but the mounting tabs were cut off.

I wanted to upgrade my ca18 s13 seats in my 180sx, so i removed the rails from both and simply swapped them over with no fuss.

The s14 seats bolted into my 180 perfectly.

However, the passenger side lost the auto-slide-after-tilting-forward mechanism. I havent bothered to check, as i rarely take rear passengers in the 180 (got a daily for those duties). Im sure its an easy fix though!

so i bought some r34 front seats, pretty cheap, $150 for the front two,

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/post-3774-1167813697.jpg

thats the type i got,

went to put em in, and the fit, yet its more of a stuff around than the a 32 or 33 seat,

2 out of the 4 holes line up (the front or rear, of either side depending on how you place it.

and i had to slightly bend the front parts of the mounting tabs, and cut off a clip on the bottom of them,

after this i cut slots to the edge of the mounting tab from the hole, on the rear inside mounting point, and this made it so i could bolt the 2 front mounts (after bending them down slightly) and the rear inside hole on (ill weld a washer to that tab to make it more secure when i weld the plate to drill for the last mounting hole (rear outer)

just thought id let ya know

also sits pretty high, so i might end up cutting the rails up on my old seat to bring it down a touch more

so i bought some r34 front seats, pretty cheap, $150 for the front two,

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/post-3774-1167813697.jpg

thats the type i got,

went to put em in, and the fit, yet its more of a stuff around than the a 32 or 33 seat,

2 out of the 4 holes line up (the front or rear, of either side depending on how you place it.

and i had to slightly bend the front parts of the mounting tabs, and cut off a clip on the bottom of them,

after this i cut slots to the edge of the mounting tab from the hole, on the rear inside mounting point, and this made it so i could bolt the 2 front mounts (after bending them down slightly) and the rear inside hole on (ill weld a washer to that tab to make it more secure when i weld the plate to drill for the last mounting hole (rear outer)

just thought id let ya know

also sits pretty high, so i might end up cutting the rails up on my old seat to bring it down a touch more

Nice seats :)

Look kinda like the s15 seat I got in my 13 but more adjust on the sides... What are those adjusters btw?

sorta a hight/tilt thing turn the front one makes the front of the seat so up or down, back one does the same for the back,

Ok digging up this old thread as I don't want to create new one...buying some r34 gtr seats with rails and wanting to fit into my s15 ...questions is has one one done this conversion and also how do the seats sit in terms of heights ?????

I will dig it up too, I got sick of not being able to sit up in the skyline without having to bend my neck so i switched out my gtst seats with s15 seats i used to have in my 180 (got them off the bloke who bought it off the guy a sold it too because he wanted my skyline seats hehe), lower the seating position nicely

Edited by Trapper

Okay guys I've done all the reading, and I'm planning to put some 32 gtr seats in my s13.

The plan is to bolt in the 3/4 bolts that fit and measure and extend the tab for the 4th (as stated the way to go)

I have a question which will probably be a stupid one, but noticed nobody had brought it up yet that I can see.

(Keep in mind I haven't started yet or even started looking at comparing them)

But would it not be possible to just transfer the s13 rails onto to 32 seats? Or

Are they completely different mounting points from rail to seat?

Figured the answer will be no, and could answer it myself once I start I Spose.

But at least it will be added to the thread for future reference .

Thanks

Edited by 20SIX

most people chop the misalined leg off a s13 rail and put that on for a factory look

so can any1 confirm if s14 seat rails will bolt on to s15 seats as i am having trouble finding s15 rails and would like to knw if i can settle for s14 rails to use my s15 seats in my s13

Just wondering if the plastic trim covers fitted over the seat rail bolts at the rear of the front seats (the bolts that fit the rail to the body) are interchangeable between S13/S14?

I've tried to get covers for S13/180 with no luck but I suspect S14 covers will fit which I can probably get new.

First world problem I know but these are the only pieces missing from my 180.

Anyone???

Edited by shobotan

Sign in to follow this