Sign in to follow this  
JDM014

SEAT SWAPS S13/S14/S15 R32/R33/R34

Hey all,

I felt the need to make a thread relating to seat swaps between models covering silvia and skyline,(considering theres a thread about it twice a week!) so here goes.

just so you know i have fitted s13 s14 s15 and r32 gtr seats in all silvias

SILVIAS,200SX'S,180SX'S,240SX'S

It is 100% fact that the front seats of all these models from 1988-2002 covering S13/S14/S15 all interchange.

The rear seats of an S14/S15 are 100% interchangable. I believe that with out too much brain power anyone can make later model seats fit in the s13 SILVIA only however the other model rear seats DO NOT go into the 180sx(hatchback).

SEAT RAILS s13 seat rails CAN NOT be used on s14/s15 seats and vice versa

what this means is that you cant take an s13 rail and bolt it to an s14/s15 seat and you cant bolt an s14/s15 seat rail to an s13 seat they will all bolt into the different models but you cant interchange the rails between the seats

SKYLINES R32 R33 R34 GTS GTS-T GT-T & GTR

It is 100% fact that all skyline coupe & sedan front seats are interchangeable from 1988-2004(or when ever the last r34 was made)

the front seats of the skyline sedans are all interchangeable the rears are model specific. and you CANNOT put skyline coupe seats into a skyline sedan they are much narrower and the back rest is alot shorter in the coupes!

SKYLINE SEATS IN A SILVIA

It is possible to fit any model skyline seats in any model 'S' chassis, the seats all bolt in place perfectly using skyline seat rails 3out of the 4 bolts the tabs in question that DO NOT line up using the skyline seat rail are:

on the passenger side the rear left"foot/bracket"(if you sitting in the seat)

on the drivers side the front right "foot/tab"(if your sitting in the seat)

the simple solution i found when installing gtr seats in my s14 was to "butcher" one of my passenger side s14 rails i simply cut off both mounting tabs and welded them onto the skyline rails (extending the lenth of both tabs)i then gave them a quick squirt with some black paint and bolted the seats in perfectly.

***however after much debate it seems that the standard skyline rails will bolt in fine to the tunnel side(of the drivers seat),

but either way works when bolting the other rail into the drivers side you can choose to extend the front tab or the rear tab dependant on the amount of seat travel you desire.

CEFIRO

A31/C33 front seats bolt into skylines and vice-versa,

R32 (not sure about R33) rears bolt into the rear of the A31/C33, but the seat cushion is narrower, so there will be a small gap down the sides.

NOTE: dont forget to take the seat belt plugs off the "old" seats and transfer them onto the "new" seats and plug in the seat belt sensor otherwise you will have the red light on the dash all the time.

please pin this thread! peace :ph34r:

Also something to add 4 door R32's have a different BACK SEAT to R32 GTR/ R32 GTST coupes! The seats in the 4 doors are wider and the back height is different!

SKYLINE SEATS IN A SILVIA

on the passenger side the rear left"foot/bracket"(if you sitting in the seat)

on the drivers side the front right "foot/tab"(if your sitting in the seat)

isn't it the rear right tab for the drivers seat that needs extending? not the front

i.e. a mirror of the passenger seat

can i bolt GTR seats to s15 rails tristan?

nah they dont, the way the seat mounts to the rails is totally different you need to use the skyline rails and extend them,

and lewy man ,sorry to say but its exactly as i said, ie if ya sit in the drivers seat and reach down to your front right tab thats the tab that need extending, if you sit in the passenger seat and reach back with your left hand that is the one that needs extending

ok......just thought everyone else has always said it the rear outside one on both seats, guess they were wrong

old wives tale mate :lol:

p.s i highly recomend gtr seats especially since they are like 300$ cheeper now as opposed to 6monthes ago

and welding on 2 tabs is no big deal most car enthusiests know someone with a welder

A31/C33 front seats bolt into skylines and vice-versa, so if you are putting aftermarket seats in your cef/laurel just look for skyline rails.

R32 (not sure about R33) rears bolt into the rear of the A31/C33, but the seat cushion is narrower, so there will be a small gap down the sides. I don't think the A31/C33 rear would fit into the GTR.

A31/C33 front seats bolt into skylines and vice-versa, so if you are putting aftermarket seats in your cef/laurel just look for skyline rails.

R32 (not sure about R33) rears bolt into the rear of the A31/C33, but the seat cushion is narrower, so there will be a small gap down the sides. I don't think the A31/C33 rear would fit into the GTR.

THANKS MATE I JUST UPDATED THE MAIN SECTION TO INCLUDE YOUR INFO

sticky this mod? or atleast make it in the writesup section. very useful info.

I don't know if this is everyone's experience but after fitting an R32 Gtst drivers' seat into my 94 180sx I found that I actually sat higher by at least 5cm compared to my old 180sx seat, and that due to my height (i'm not actually tall, bout 5'9), I experience poor pedal travel (pressing down near the top of em from above instead of just IN from lower down = dramatically less travel therefore less range and less all round control), as well as my legs being too close to the steering wheel...

Still heaps better than the stock seats for how much u move when driving hard though...

So now i'm after a 2nd hand bride seat to go with my bride SL rail ...be one with your floorpan! :lol:

nah they dont, the way the seat mounts to the rails is totally different you need to use the skyline rails and extend them,

and lewy man ,sorry to say but its exactly as i said, ie if ya sit in the drivers seat and reach down to your front right tab thats the tab that need extending, if you sit in the passenger seat and reach back with your left hand that is the one that needs extending

It is the rear outside on both of the seats. I have installed 3 sets of GTR seats in to S13's and this is always the way.

HOWEVER, if you did bolt the rear in first then you would have the outcome that you're getting (eg. the front wouldn't bolt in). You can simply just weld on an extension to the rear of the outer side and the seat will bolt right in and there will be no need to touch the front on either seat.

Definately NOT an old wives tale (i'm male, not a wife and I'm not old) lol

also the s15 rear seats in a s13 CAN work

but reqire alot of moding to the upper bracket (abot 5cm closer together) and the lower bracket are a completly different design

plus the area where the bommom part and the top part join is thinner so you will have about a 15cmx15cm gap in each side

they are NOT BOLT IN

i looked at bolting the front in first as you mentioned but when you do that you loose seat travel if you bolt the drivers side rears in square you loose seat travel they are staggered for some reason that i cant explain hence why i did it the way i mentioned above.

Good idea. the amount of "Will these seats fit?" threads is getting redicolous.

sticky this mod? or atleast make it in the writesup section. very useful info.

Good idea. the amount of "Will these seats fit?" threads is getting redicolous.

+ 1

good work Tristan, well laid as as well ;)

i looked at bolting the front in first as you mentioned but when you do that you loose seat travel if you bolt the drivers side rears in square you loose seat travel they are staggered for some reason that i cant explain hence why i did it the way i mentioned above.

you must have bolted the back in first and thru out the front as on stock seats each part of the rail is independant

where as on say bride rails they are connected both sides and the front lines up

so you should have modified the rear tab, but it doesn't matter with factory rails much anyway so it worked still

i remembered that my bride rails fit both skyline and silvias and there is the hole at the back right for skylines

Rail.jpg

wow thanks lewy and thanks gktech

it seems i could be wrong?? :ph34r: but either way you bolt them in seems to be quite easy and still works well in both ways ill update the first post and then hopfulyy this gets pined!!! coz we are on to a winner here

peace

come on mods, give him this one. it'll make him feel good, he hasn't got much

' when an answer comes along, YOU MUST PIN-IT! "ptang!" PIN-IT GOOD!!!'

It is 100% fact that the front seats of all these models from 1988-2002 covering S13/S14/S15 all interchange.

so lets get this straight. s15 rails would be required to bolt s15 seats into an s13 chassis an this can be done fine because rails are interchangeable with s13 s14 s15 chassis. correct?

so lets get this straight. s15 rails would be required to bolt s15 seats into an s13 chassis an this can be done fine because rails are interchangeable with s13 s14 s15 chassis. correct?

Your statement is contradictory.

If you read what you have quoted correctly you'll see that it says that S14 and S15 rails can be interchanged but NOT S13 rails with S14 or S15.

S13, S14 and S15 seat bolt positions are the same and the seat from either model is interchangable (not the rail)

Greg

Your statement is contradictory.

If you read what you have quoted correctly you'll see that it says that S14 and S15 rails can be interchanged but NOT S13 rails with S14 or S15.

S13, S14 and S15 seat bolt positions are the same and the seat from either model is interchangable (not the rail)

Greg

sorry for the confussion i ment that you cant take an s13 rail and bolt it to an s14/s15 seat and you cant bolt an s14/s15 seat rail to an s13 seat they will al bolt in to the same location but you cant interchange the rails between the seats :)

no!

also and interesting find i studdy whilst not working stock my08/my07/my09 subaru liberty and impreza seat rails apear to be the exact same bolt configuration as a silvia(all models), i need to use at tape mesure and triple check b4 i add it to the main thread..........................

might want to note s14 and s15 rear seats are also interchangeable but the s14 base needs to be changed to fit the s15. The s15 base will however go straight into an s14.

Sorry guys after reading all the threads I'm still not 100% on this.

My situation is this..

I have an s13 Silvia..I want to put in S15 front and S15 rear seats.

1. will I need S15 rails for the front ?... and are they "plug and play to my S13"?

or will my S13 rails fit perfectly to the S15 seats..no welding etc...

2. Do the S15 rear seats require alot of modification.....and what if any.....

3. Are the S15 rears a perfect fit or is there a 15cm gap either side as noted??..and where is the gap??...any one have photos??

:huh::huh::huh:

Cheers in advance

1. will I need S15 rails for the front ?... and are they "plug and play to my S13"?

or will my S13 rails fit perfectly to the S15 seats..no welding etc...

Cheers in advance

I bolted my S14 rails (attached to velo buckets) straight into my s13. As far as im aware, S15 seats bolt into s14 so i think its all universal.

*Edit - just red rest of thread and realized already been covered :unsure:

Sign in to follow this