Sign in to follow this  
dr1ft_pig13 olds

Ben Simpson Memorial Cruise

Sorry i couldn't make it Mark and Julie... the road trip to melb was awesome tho!! next time u guys are coming!! got 400plus photos to show u!! :hug:

whats this brake locking you ppl speaking off? what group were you on? i think i was on the B group and didn't notice any sudden brakage or unexpected stops... till we got stuck behind an orange kitted 33 which ended up breaking the group in half cos we fell so far behind.

Sorry to the 2 tone (blue/silver) R33 in front of me for getting too close to ya as i thought u might be doing a fast(er) run but thanks for letting me know :) Also u came too close to having a head on trying to overtake a car on a completely bind tight corner corner... :no: :no:

^ when heading up start of greenhill i looked in my rear mirror with a 180 on the other side of the road, with smoke everywhere

obviously tried to avoid the white 180 that had braked in front of it

Just a note:

If people have a full car and/or are struggling to keep up pace could they pull over and let the cars behind them pass rather then pushing yourself and driving close to your cars limit.

or people behind should drive responsibly and not tailgate/ try to push the car in front.

Yeh thats fair enough and i agree with that. If you tailgate too hard you can force the driver in front to make a mistake.

But the point i'm trying to make is that when going on these things try to be weary of whats going on behind you and in front of you. If you see that the group of cars are getting away from you and a whole heap of cars are bunching up behind you try to find a place to just stop for a bit and let them pass. Mark did also mention that if you had a slow car to go with the 'disabled' group.

Just a note:

If people have a full car and/or are struggling to keep up pace could they pull over and let the cars behind them pass rather then pushing yourself and driving close to your cars limit.

or people behind should drive responsibly and not tailgate/ try to push the car in front.

Yeh thats fair enough and i agree with that. If you tailgate too hard you can force the driver in front to make a mistake.

But the point i'm trying to make is that when going on these things try to be weary of whats going on behind you and in front of you. If you see that the group of cars are getting away from you and a whole heap of cars are bunching up behind you try to find a place to just stop for a bit and let them pass. Mark did also mention that if you had a slow car to go with the 'disabled' group.

I understand. I was in the disabled group as my car is naturally aspirated and yet I still had a standard blue r31 sedan a meter off my bumper. I mean come on, it was that busy that cars were parked on the main road around blind corners and add to the fact people were lost etc.

I dont know what this guy was trying to do, he is seriously delusional if he thinks that tailgating me would get me to speed up. I was going the speedlimit & was about 6 car lengths behind the car infront.

anyone able to send me pics my msn addy is in my profile

Hi guys!! We are Dylan's Grandparents . just wanted to make a posting but being a bit retarded :wacko: with computers haven't figured how to make a seperate post yet so we've inserted this as a reply. Can anyone help with which button to push to do it?? :)

Hi guys!! We are Dylan's Grandparents . just wanted to make a posting but being a bit retarded :wacko: with computers haven't figured how to make a seperate post yet so we've inserted this as a reply. Can anyone help with which button to push to do it?? :)

Hey Grandies!

Matt from foodland here :)

Hope you guys & Dylan had a good time yesterday! :)

Try the "new topic" button below in right corner....

Grandie's if you want to reply to the current topic, press the "reply" button down in the right hand corner after you have scrolled down.

Press "new topic" only if you want to start a new and seperate topic altogether. :yes:

Hope this helps.

thankyou to everyone involved in organising such a great day! its great seeing so many cars out and about, especially on such awesome day weather wise and for a very important cause.

seeing bens car finally cruising through the streets after all the hard work that has gone into it is very satisfying for everyone involved in the build-up. i cant believe it actually drives!!

was good catching up with a few people i hadnt seen in a while also.

craig.

Thanks Matt,

Good to see you and Brett yesterday. What car were you in again? Thank you to all for making us feel welcome yesterday as it was our first cruise in Ben's memory. Dylan was absolutely stoked by all the hot cars. We replayed the video over and over last night. Next time I will position myself better so I can capture all the cars on film. (i was pointing the wrong way when the S15 went sideways out of the car park :woot: ) Thank you to the lady who gave Dylan the "Animal" toy, sorry we can't remember your name at the moment. Thank you Bec for coming over to say hello. you are welcome to pop by anytime. Just give us a call to make sure we're home. A Big thank you to Mark & Jules for inviting us and for you friendship since we met. :) It has made a tough and difficult journey more bearable.

Sorry we didn't have a Nissan to drive but at least the Merc was an import and supercharged. Thought I'd broken it but I had knocked the "limiter" button on the cruise control stalk. Finally figured it out after about 10 KLms. Sorry to all the guys we slowed up for a while there. Poor Denise was feeling a bit queasy going through all the tight turns :blink: but made it ok.

All the best to everyone, drive safe, and always remember what Mark said. If you feel like crap, please!!!!! talk to someone.

awesome cruise, huge turn out and was good to catch up with a few people (hi han han) we bailed when mike lead the cruise on fox road in lenswood and went back home.. had a good time keeping up to mikey and christian (just) in a bog stock R32 lol god those tyres are noisy!!

Great cruise, I had lots of fun :D

I think it was great to have you Grandies there :) Dylan is gorgeous!

Looking forward to the next one already.

awesome cruise, huge turn out and was good to catch up with a few people (hi han han) we bailed when mike lead the cruise on fox road in lenswood and went back home.. had a good time keeping up to mikey and christian (just) in a bog stock R32 lol god those tyres are noisy!!

I was taking it quite easy as the car was having some trouble negotiating right hand turns...

its being checked out on the 9th for a better wheel allignment / clicking noise out the front left :(

M

PS ill post up some pics soon...

been flat out entertainign people last night and setting up for this weekend which is going to be BUSY as...

Perfect day for a prefect cruise, very well organised mark and julie ben would be so proud.!!

Cruise route was excellent although a few shoulda stayed back and waited for the slower group me thinks, its not about breaking the speed limit, but how fast you get to it ha ha.

Unfortunately this time round i had to scab a lift along wit the missus due to licensing issues in my mates chamelion sil8's (who's had more fun wit my 18's than iv got to so far) but very keen and expecting to be able to make it on my own for the next one.

As for the gully hotel i sat on the lawns opposite and saw some very poor attempts to be too cool for school, if sum of you's saw how close you were to the gutter you'd poop ya pants, worse so was overcorrecting into opposite lanes and oncoming traffic. use ya head ppl its a public place were many ppl were not only on the footpath but in oncomin cars all around you, rip up mallala not teeters!!

P.s to the guy in the red s15 who's car rolled out its car park i hope she's ok that was a close call.

Cheers again to the olds

bj

P.s to the guy in the red s15 who's car rolled out its car park i hope she's ok that was a close call.

Cheers again to the olds

bj

would you believe it only ended up with a minor scratch underneath? bloody lucky!

i was pointing the wrong way when the S15 went sideways out of the car park :woot:

i know a certain someone who will be very pleased to hear that :lol:

Thanks Matt,

Good to see you and Brett yesterday. What car were you in again? Thank you to all for making us feel welcome yesterday as it was our first cruise in Ben's memory. Dylan was absolutely stoked by all the hot cars. We replayed the video over and over last night. Next time I will position myself better so I can capture all the cars on film. (i was pointing the wrong way when the S15 went sideways out of the car park :woot: ) Thank you to the lady who gave Dylan the "Animal" toy, sorry we can't remember your name at the moment. Thank you Bec for coming over to say hello. you are welcome to pop by anytime. Just give us a call to make sure we're home. A Big thank you to Mark & Jules for inviting us and for you friendship since we met. :) It has made a tough and difficult journey more bearable.

Sorry we didn't have a Nissan to drive but at least the Merc was an import and supercharged. Thought I'd broken it but I had knocked the "limiter" button on the cruise control stalk. Finally figured it out after about 10 KLms. Sorry to all the guys we slowed up for a while there. Poor Denise was feeling a bit queasy going through all the tight turns :blink: but made it ok.

All the best to everyone, drive safe, and always remember what Mark said. If you feel like crap, please!!!!! talk to someone.

Hey guys, Brett here :)

I must say that Merc was very decent looking!! And i'm sure it being supercharged would've been rather fun ;) If you need any help with the forums or anything just let Sean know and i'll do what i can. Was good to see you both out there and Dylan too! Was also great to see you both Mark and Jules :hug: and was so impressed with the turn out of people! Next time the 180 will definitely be on it.

Hope you had fun leading the disabled group Marky :lol: I've never seen someone so keen to get the car started and go driving!!! besides me when im running late for work.

Take care guys and speak to you all soon.

good cruise i enjoyed it!but its a pitty that some cant resist the the opptuinity to think with the wrong head or something?

just the sort of stuff the import seen needs as if its not bad enought

mark

i loved your car dude. i was behind u most of the cruise in the orange r31. your car sounds nice and sticks to the road really well. I was happy where i was in the pack as i was around drivers i felt confident they wernt idiots and knew how to drive. Made for a good cruise.

Always going to be a few idiots doing burnouts leaving meet points etc, lets just hope the cops pick on them and not the people who were being good. All in all it was a good cruise. Fun to take my car out for a drive even if it wasnt confortable and hot in there.

Big thankx to mark and jules and dylan is a little champ.... even if that big mean bundy bear did scare him alittle.

Was a good cruise. First time I've taken my R31 on a cruise in quite a few months and I loved going through the hills on the new ISC coilovers.

Agree'd with the skids leaving the pub, definatly not in good taste. I was one of the people standing on the footpath giving people shit for doing it and stand by everything me and the others were saying.. I'm surprised everyone kept doing it after hearing our abuse.

Oh well. There'll always be dickheads at every event.

Wouldnt standing on the kerb taking photos and video encourage people to do skids?

ahhh it was browny, I looked in the car a couple of times but didn't recognise you (sunglasses = unable to see faces decently over 2m's away)

I was behind the white 31 behind you

Was a good cruise. First time I've taken my R31 on a cruise in quite a few months and I loved going through the hills on the new ISC coilovers.

Agree'd with the skids leaving the pub, definatly not in good taste. I was one of the people standing on the footpath giving people shit for doing it and stand by everything me and the others were saying.. I'm surprised everyone kept doing it after hearing our abuse.

Oh well. There'll always be dickheads at every event.

Good stuff yelling abuse while people have done it and taken off already when they cant hear you :huh:

thanks to everyone involved in organizing the cruise... i was the odd one out in the old white ute.. sorry if i held anyone up along the way its like sailing a boat in that thing... perfect weather for a cruise , it was the first cruise ive been on for awhile and my first Nissan Silvia cruise hopefully by this time next year ill have a car that will be able to keep up to the car ahead....

i was behind a green s13 all i can remember about the car was the no boost sticker on the back... anyway that was a fair effort dodging the Toyota that pull out in front of us on green hill i was behind u most the way until the wheel worx car came around.

anyway i had a great day and i cant wait to join in on some more

thanks tom.

and also i apologize for being a F**k head when leaving the gully hotel .. sorry and no disrespect was meant.

Edited by outcast350

who was the guy in the bottle green Soarer with work equipz ? love your " U - Turn Drift " man.. soo smooth and well controlled !

who was the guy in the bottle green Soarer with work equipz ? love your " U - Turn Drift " man.. soo smooth and well controlled !

^^^^Dunno who he is but some where in the hills (one of many map checks!) He told me his tires were fried!

I appologise for fishing coming onto the first major rd after ETSA, I paid for it later as I now have no third gear.

Browny your bee-r limiter hurt my ears :angry: , your car is fat though so it all works out fair, I was in the s2 silouette next to you on greenhill rd btw

Thanks for the great cruise guys! the turn out at ETSA park was fantastic... some great cars there too (ie. Jebus's S15 looks tough as... and christian p's S13).

Mark and Jules, you are such fantastic people, everyone admires what you do, you're always willing to help anyone out.

As Simon mentioned earlier... we had to leave about half way through the cruise (since we live in the hills and all :P). Was great fun to see my stocker manage to keep up with mike and christian.. and the gtr managing to keep up to us.. but damn it had MAD flutter!

Had to laugh with at the small group that could actually keep up with mike even though he wasnt pushing it through the hills.

Oh and Mike on greenhill rd taking photos of christians car plus merging through traffic with a massive lense, lol.