Sign in to follow this  
QR EVENTS

SPRINT SERIES AT QLD RACEWAY IN 2008

In 2008 Qld Raceway will have 2 competitive sprints series.

1 SAT ARVO SPRINTS 7 Rounds for Road Registered Cars Only

2 TOP GEAR SPRINTS 6 Rounds this series is for Race Cars and High Performance Road Cars.

For full details and calender of events checkout www.queenslandraceway.com.au

In brief competitors will get a minimum of 3 x 5 lap timed sessions at each event points are allocated in relation to the the fastest laps driven

Round 1 of Sat Arvo Sprints is this Sat from 1pm come along and have look this could be for you.

So top gear isn't a grid race like situation?

So top gear isn't a grid race like situation?

We will be starting 5 rows of 3 cars at a time from the grid at the Top Gear Sprint.

We will also be running as usual the Top Gear Race Meeting on the Sunday after the sprint

Edited by QR EVENTS

I shall be there tomorrow for the Sprint series :D Not sure if my cars up to scratch for Top Gear yet, i did get an invite though :D

Thanks for confirming that. I'm keen to try the top gear series this year after attending a few sas last year. Can you confirm if Japanese cages will be allowed in the top gear series as the ruling is up in the air for a few different competitions? They curve around the dash at the front just like this picture below.

180sx_008.jpg

I was hoping that by this time I would be totally ready to hit the track.....*sigh*........soon (fingers crossed).

Want to start off on the wed arvo sprints when car's running right.

Thanks for confirming that. I'm keen to try the top gear series this year after attending a few sas last year. Can you confirm if Japanese cages will be allowed in the top gear series as the ruling is up in the air for a few different competitions? They curve around the dash at the front just like this picture below.

TopGear sprints have the same/similar requirements as SAS. The TopGear race meetings are different. The cage will need to be CAMS approved or ADR approved. So usually if you have a cage that doesnt meet CAMS thats bad luck, yet if you have no cage at all your ok.

I'm not sure if AASA have their own standard for cages, I seriously doubt it.

QR Sprints are fun =D

Whats everyones PB?

i managed a 63.1 around sprint, and a 67 on clubman, but i way prefer the sprint track.

QR Sprints are fun =D

Whats everyones PB?

i managed a 63.1 around sprint, and a 67 on clubman, but i way prefer the sprint track.

i started off last year with 62's on the sprint circuit, little bit faster than that now- see my signature ;)

My goal is to do a 56 on semi slicks. Keeping ahead of the EVO's is quite hard, there are a number in the 57's now and one VERY fast one doing 55's

QR Sprints are fun =D

Whats everyones PB?

i started off last year with 62's on the sprint circuit, little bit faster than that now- see my signature ;)

My goal is to do a 56 on semi slicks. Keeping ahead of the EVO's is quite hard, there are a number in the 57's now and one VERY fast one doing 55's

i think i've seen your car out at SAS, its the purple sil80 with the big wing, right? to be beating the evos is pretty impressive mate. you should do a write up of your car in the motorsport section, i'd be interested to see what you've done to your car to make it so fast :thumbsup:

QR Sprints are fun =D

Whats everyones PB?

i think i've seen your car out at SAS, its the purple sil80 with the big wing, right? to be beating the evos is pretty impressive mate. you should do a write up of your car in the motorsport section, i'd be interested to see what you've done to your car to make it so fast :thumbsup:

Yer that's it, seems everyone remembers the wing. I've had a few people ask me now what's been done to it, i might add some info in the section you suggested. A number of years ago, there was a thread for everyones car, the mods they'd done and the $ they'd spent. It disappeared a few system crashes ago...happy about that, didin't like seeing how much i'd spent ;)

I should be coming along to one of these soon, once the car is 100% up and running

considering going to a few timeattacks too

anyone have any experience with these?

Yer that's it, seems everyone remembers the wing. I've had a few people ask me now what's been done to it, i might add some info in the section you suggested. A number of years ago, there was a thread for everyones car, the mods they'd done and the $ they'd spent. It disappeared a few system crashes ago...happy about that, didin't like seeing how much i'd spent ;)

What semi slicks are you using mate and how much power is the 180sx pushing? Always keen to hear what tyres people are using at QR.

I've had a year off due to engine dramas and upgrades, last time i did was a 62 with federal 595's up front and no names on the rear. Hoping to head out with semi slicks and about 60rwkw's more maybe on the 29th November after the tune next week.

Yeah once I get my new turbo setup sorted on the Evo will be also seeing what she can do around the track. In my 180, managed a 62 sec pass on the sprint circuit with 170rkws full trim and some falkens, never got to take it out after the new matty spry tune at 216rkws....

What semi slicks are you using mate and how much power is the 180sx pushing? Always keen to hear what tyres people are using at QR.

I've had a year off due to engine dramas and upgrades, last time i did was a 62 with federal 595's up front and no names on the rear. Hoping to head out with semi slicks and about 60rwkw's more maybe on the 29th November after the tune next week.

Look forward to see ing another S13, there aren't many that go out for the sprints.

I was using the Dunlop Dirrezza 02 semi slick- they lasted pretty well i thought considering QR is very hard on tyres, particularly the left side. I flat spotted the front left last outing, pity otherwise would have lasted 5 meetings easily. Just bought a set of 03's, will see how they compare.

The car is now putting out 430rwhp at 19psi. But I'm more interested in the handling department and is what i've been concentrating on most lately. Just had an alignment done by a guy that sets up racecars. We've just done some basic alignment to use as a starting point and go from there.

Didn't make it unfortunately. Car went back to the tuners to fix some bugs. We've got to wait until next year now don't we?

can do the wednesday sprint still mate, if you don''t have to work. I will be back into it next year hopefully :) i wanna do a full year again, get a placing! been 2 years now since i did the full year :(

Didn't make it unfortunately. Car went back to the tuners to fix some bugs. We've got to wait until next year now don't we?

That's a shame.

Did a 57.3 on Saturday, wasn't that great a lap either, made 2 mistakes.100% confident i can go 56.xx next time as unfortunately it rained after the first session.

If you look up the timing for QR it'll b 57.9, but like we know their timing system can be up to 1 seconds out.

Haven't seen you for a while Clint- how's the car?

Here she is exiting hard onto main straight

qr2911089.jpg

Your new car setup seems looks to work well, was a pity about the rain but I didn't hear you complaining Simon :lol:

Got some good shots last time out but I accidently deleted them :angry:

IMG_0859Medium.jpg

Your new car setup seems looks to work well, was a pity about the rain but I didn't hear you complaining Simon :lol:

Got some good shots last time out but I accidently deleted them :angry:

IMG_0859Medium.jpg

Yes, the "old" wheels. Have to sell them- better take some pics and pop in the the forsale section. I'm sure Matt would love to see his Audi behind that friggin violet thing again :lol:

New set up is working very well. :P

I was wondering when they might pop up? Pity they've been deleted, would have been good to see!

Complain, nah the rain was great!! First time id driven in the wet on the track- was only 2 seconds behind the all conquering AWD's which i thought wasn't a bad effort ^_^

Hurry up and finish the 31 and bring her out!!

Simon, congrats on the time and in regards to me, well i will hopefully be out there next year but its not definite, i'm about to re-register the S15 (i took it off the road due to defect), and it is driving well (still un-tuned). So yeah i will make an effort to get back in to it :D i do agree with you to in regards to Pauls 31

She's getting there, waiting on the replacement rim to arrive after the courier lost one, then I'll measure it up to see if the new wheels will clear the brakes I plan to run, a few handling upgrades and possible some new seats and she'll be sweet. Though I'm thinking that the current turbo might be a little laggy coming out of the slower corners <_>

Simon, congrats on the time and in regards to me, well i will hopefully be out there next year but its not definite, i'm about to re-register the S15 (i took it off the road due to defect), and it is driving well (still un-tuned). So yeah i will make an effort to get back in to it :D i do agree with you to in regards to Pauls 31

Defect, what was it? I thought your car looked pretty "tame" Maybe i better rethink driving mine around, although I live out of the way- even plumbed the screamer back into the system to make it legal ;)

Defect, what was it? I thought your car looked pretty "tame" Maybe i better rethink driving mine around, although I live out of the way- even plumbed the screamer back into the system to make it legal ;)

Of all the things that could have been defected, they chose to defect my Brake upgrade, because they weren't sure if i had to have a Mod plate for them or not... I will have a mod plate for them on Tuesday luckily :)

Of all the things that could have been defected, they chose to defect my Brake upgrade, because they weren't sure if i had to have a Mod plate for them or not... I will have a mod plate for them on Tuesday luckily :)

I have a mod plate for my brakes engine, and gearbox. I hear of other people talking about carrying their engineering certicificates around with them. I never got any of those when mine was modded back in 2001. Is this something i should chase up?

Did you get the blue plate? If so you'll be fine.

I'm covered for brakes, but I'll need to go back for seat, cage, 2 seater modification and probably something else.

I wasn't able to get any days off work. We're pushing ahead until Christmas and got a 'no' from the boss when I asked for the Wednesday just gone by. Going to take the car to a friday night drift night next friday for a bit of a shake down and I'll hopefully be right for next year's sprints and might try out the Top Gear series as well.

I was told but haven't read to confirm that Lakeside is going to be having quite a few more sprint events in 2009 so it should give us a bit of variety. I hope they resurface the track over the Christmas break.

Did you get the blue plate? If so you'll be fine.

I'm covered for brakes, but I'll need to go back for seat, cage, 2 seater modification and probably something else.

I wasn't able to get any days off work. We're pushing ahead until Christmas and got a 'no' from the boss when I asked for the Wednesday just gone by. Going to take the car to a friday night drift night next friday for a bit of a shake down and I'll hopefully be right for next year's sprints and might try out the Top Gear series as well.

I was told but haven't read to confirm that Lakeside is going to be having quite a few more sprint events in 2009 so it should give us a bit of variety. I hope they resurface the track over the Christmas break.

Ok thanks

Yes, they mentioned at the last QR sat sprint Lakeside would have the same number as QR- i'll be attending some of those as well this year. Wont be competing in any series in '09, but will be visiting all the SE QLD tracks, also going to drive down and visit Eastern Creek in April

just got back from from SAS thisarvo - my third outing, the car ran pretty well.

couldnt get near my PB of 1:06.0 on sprint, best of 1:07.6 :

street tyres, t25 sr 180sx

my Pb is 1:10.59 sprint in my fairly stock ga16de pulsar :D

hope to get out to the 21st and take the sil for a run