Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSR20R

How much money do you owe?

How much money do you owe?  

697 members have voted

1. 1. How much money do you owe from your car purchase/parts?

• $0
    • $0-1k
    • $1k-5k
    • $5k-10k
    • $10k - 20k
    • $20k - 30k
    • $30k - 40k
    • $40k +

$0 I look at it this way, a car is a luxury item if you cant afford it either buy a cheaper one or dont mod it simple ;)

Saying that i owe about $300,000 on a house :)

i sold my car which i owned so that i could save more money.

now im trying to get a property. pretty much trying to get into a position similar to CRR000

also as said above cars a luxury item, if you cant afford them or to modify them then you shouldnt be trying.

my parents use to say that whatever i spent on the car, a equal amount should be saved. that way your not wasting ALL your money.

motorbikes are the answer, because of mine ive saved over $20000 in under 6 months

$0 I look at it this way, a car is a luxury item if you cant afford it either buy a cheaper one or dont mod it simple ;)

Saying that i owe about $300,000 on a house :)

Nothing wrong with owing 300k on a house mate.. A house is a great investment. Im shocked sometimes by the amount of money some people put into their cars.

I owe 40k plus :(

but i paid for my car and most of my car parts outright. It's the only way to do it i think. It's stupid to get a loan for mods.

Damn education, that 40k could've got me a sweet car

*sigh* Will be a while before i can get a house too.

$0, i saved for everything before buying it. plus i lent my cousin around $1400, my damn coilover money lol :lol:

currently trying to save a deposit on a house.

$0 :) bought my car straight up, hoping to never get a car loan. Screw paying the banks any money :yes:

screw you's that paid for it outright, I hate you seriously. Once I made enough money I got a loan for a house first then there's not enough money left each week to buy a 10k+ car outright so we took out 30k to get 2 cars.

tell us more how you managed to save that money in the first place. Not wanting to start a shit fight this is legitimate curiosity. I know 2 people that bought their cars outright. 1. has a rich family and his pocket money was $200 or so a week since he was 10 or something. The other dropped out of school, lives at home with his parents and works on a production line.

i work for a bank.... = cheap credit.... i saved for 3 years and still couldent afford what i wanted... i coud get a loan and pay a small amount of intrest and enjoy my car now or i could of kept saving for another year.

in the end it was worth it for the enjoyment ive had over the last year!

P.S put 50-100 bucks away every week. and you will have enough money in time...

i got my first job at 14 how much money do you need to spend when you under 18 and living at home? thats how i saved mine up.. its a bit different when you have rent/bills/bullshit to pay but back in the day beer smokes and petrol were the only things that cost anything...

Edited by Biggie

$0 for me, but my car isn't of any comparison to any of yours :)

Ive managed to save for my new car im looking at in a matter of months working hard, and putting in the long hours for dbl time wee :)

sp180 ive done the euro thing to save my money, Living & Eating at home, Public transport to work, Taking own lunch. Allows me to pocket a big portion of my wage into savings.

Why would anyone get a loan and pay interest on something that goes DOWN in value!?

:no::o

Why would anyone get a loan and pay interest on something that goes DOWN in value!?

EXACTLY... if u can't afford the car then simply don't get it...

we are the MTV generation instant gratifacation

screw you's that paid for it outright, I hate you seriously. Once I made enough money I got a loan for a house first then there's not enough money left each week to buy a 10k+ car outright so we took out 30k to get 2 cars.

tell us more how you managed to save that money in the first place. Not wanting to start a shit fight this is legitimate curiosity. I know 2 people that bought their cars outright. 1. has a rich family and his pocket money was $200 or so a week since he was 10 or something. The other dropped out of school, lives at home with his parents and works on a production line.

I worked 2 jobs for 6 years.. Its easy to buy a car outright if ur willing to put in the time and work extra hours/2 jobs..

none, i worked hard to buy my car and build it up.

i own my car but i cbfed saving up money to do the mods i want, so im just gonna get a loan, and considering i can pay it back much earlier i will end up only paying about 1k MAX in interest for a 30k loan. plus means i dont have to wait ;)

owe nothing on my car, but i have a credit card debt that probably wouldn't be there if i didn't have the car

ah from those few replies makes sense so far. spose this is where I got stuck. while schooling I worked part time saving up for a deposit on a mortgage.

I owe around $20k. i have 2 cars (vx commo daily and my 180sx), but saying that i earn enough to pay for them so yeh im saving money as well.

$0.

every time I have a few thou in the bank, I always see something that catches my eye. This weeks expense: full custom boot sterio thingy.

I have no expences pretty much, so 90% of my pay I can do what I want with.

$0

Exactly what some dude said before. "why would you pay interest on somthing that depreciates in price?" . If you see the logic in doing that you're to stupid to be on the roads. LOL!

not a cent.

however im now poor

I think about $15k including credit cards and shit like that (Includes debt from previous car also, which was written off by some f**kwit and then fuct over by insurance).

It would probably be $0 now if my damn engine didn't shit itself not long after I bought the thing and I had to refinance.

Should have it paid off reasonably soon.

Biggest regret was buying the thing, should have saved for a year first.