Sign in to follow this  
89silviaQ

axles for r31

im looking at getting some custom work done... ie... 5 stud rear end instead of 4 stud

so some custom axles are needed... is there a place in adelaide that does this sorta thing.

google didnt help, and yellow pages.. i dont have

Go to Athol park ford wreckers on Grand Junction Road, pick up 2 x EA falcon axles for $85 each, then go to Boss Diffs and have them machined to fit. They'll do the lot for $500, inc drilling rear rotors.

This is prolly the first thing Im doing in the new year.

Yeah, alternatively, just call Graham at Boss and ask him what the best plan is. Probably exactly what Ben said, unless you want to go billet axles...

that WAS the plan from Graham joelius.... I was looking at getting a KAAZ 2 way while I was at it.

Billit axles were $800 a pair by themselves..... no other work at all

That price ($500) was for both axles machined, resplined, heat treated, installed, rotors redrilled, ie. everything needed.

so a rough estimate of 670 for the two axels and they are fitted?

How do we go about bearings and what not? .... Can you drive away with it complete or is it $500 for the machining ready for install? am wanting to do this aswell ...

Just speak to Boss.

I am not going to quote his work. He will tell you exactly what is involved and/or needed.

u could always just get the 4 to 5 hub adaptors. i run them on the rear and they work a treat plus give the rear a nice offset.

ive runn them cheap shit adapters, lost a wheel cuz of them.... total cost there $2000 for repairs to axle, brakes, wheel, tyre replacement, body damage

so me thinks ill get custom ones or the billet ones