Sign in to follow this  
SIR ASHMAN

What Diff Should My S13 Have?

Nice one, and is there any info on how to tell the R180's from the R200's without opening up the diff?

Or do I HAVE to measure the ratio?

Nice one, and is there any info on how to tell the R180's from the R200's without opening up the diff?

Or do I HAVE to measure the ratio?

the R180 is housed in a much smaller casing than the usual housings you see (R200).

so can i replace a r180 with a R200?

yeah mate should be able to replace t0he r180 with the r200 as long as bolts match up

no wrong u need to replace the drive shafts from r180 to r200 they r different lengths, i have mesured them, r200 is shorter

...Clint

stock sr dif is nothing special, there quiet poo actually

just weld yours or soemthing wun-via

no wrong u need to replace the drive shafts from r180 to r200 they r different lengths, i have mesured them, r200 is shorter

...Clint

Are you sure?? i swaped my R180 over to R200 it bolted straight in. as long as theyre both 6/6 or 5/5 bolts its fine.

I'll be going from sr20de auto to sr20det auto - both had hicas

Was thinking of just swapping the gearbox and diff, not the in between. Should i be swapping the drive shafts while im at it?

Edited by Dodge_s13

Are the SR20DET manual diffs in a s14 200 still R200? and Are they the same ratio as the S13 R200?

As far as i know the two bolts up the front of the diff art differnt in a s14 they have a bush as well. youll need to get the bush, ask djemz about the busshes hes got a s14 diff in his 32

sorry to revive this but how can i figure out what ratio my r200 diff is without cracking it open?

Bringing up the Titanic again guys... Sorry.

So if I read the chart right (which I'm hoping I am) When I change my 200sx with the ca18det in it from auto to manual, I won't have to change my diff?

reviving the thread again, ive got my s14s1 auto diff and i want to put into my 1989 s13 ca18de manual is it possible, if so how would i do it, will it be a strait bolt up, what are my options if this is not possible

is there much value is seeking out the ca18 4.3 diff to use in an sr20 inplace of the the 4.1 does the whole .2 teeth count make much of an acceleration difference? for drifting and such

just thought i might share what i've found recently on the nismo japan site:

This link shows where to find your car's stock diff code and decipher what you've got and a rough ratio

NISMO - Stock Diff code

This link shows the ratio up to 3 decimal points

Nismo - Ratios

Edited by s15_stylez

After Ashmans knowledge again.... I've finally done the manual conversion on the 180 (ca18det) and it has great acceleration but the downside is it sits on around 3,200rpm at 100kph. What diff would you suggest I look around for if I want it around 2,500rpm at 100kph and I don't mind loosing some acceleration as it'll save my fuel bill a tad on the longer trips lol?

Cheers.

I had the same issue initially.

I have been through all 3 stock S13 ratio diffs at one stage or another (4.3, 4.1 and 3.9).

I don't remember the exact rpm's they did but:

the 4.3 was around 3200ish @ 100kmh.

I think the 4.1 was around 3000ish @ 100kmh.

and the 3.9 that I currently have is around 2800ish @ 100kmh.

The 3.9 or perhaps even a 3.7 (from a 6SPD S15) is what you would be looking for. The 3.7 would do a little less than the 3.9, perhaps 2600 @ 100kmh.

Though the 3.9 is quite a rare beast, FAST lists it as only being available on the SR20DET automatic vehicles (which would also make it an LSD, though strangely my 3.9 has an open centre.) So it may be easier to source the S15 unit.

Sign in to follow this