Sign in to follow this  
SIR ASHMAN

Clutches

that cleared it up alot, i always wondered wat a double and triple plate clutches consist of.

awesome write up with pictures :lol: it was very detailed but was short enough for me not to skip anything. thanks

That was a good write up. Got into detail and described how the different styles of clutch suit different driving situations.

Cheers

very good read, learnt something today :D

Nice guide, though multiplate clutches don't NEED an aftermarket gearbox/set.. you just need to be gentle :)

thats very helpful indeed, can some one clarify for me that all S15 uses same clutch and flywheels? or are different models use different set ups, im asking this because, my clutch is gone and friend needs to know about the fly wheel, should i just get the clutch with flywheel? or just the clutch it self unless the flywheel has pissed it self too..what to replace when clutch is gone-simple

Excellent write up mate.

How much meat should the buttons have on a 5 puk or button clutch??? how thick should they be??? how can you tell if the clutch is worn???

helpful write up, thanks

.. wanted to ask, if im using my car as a daily. Will i better off using a stock clutch other than an aftermarket heavy duty one?

helpful write up, thanks

.. wanted to ask, if im using my car as a daily. Will i better off using a stock clutch other than an aftermarket heavy duty one?

depends on the power of your car and the way you drive.is it stock power?

Awesome write up, i love it

I will be saving this as future reference!

saved.

My clutch seems to me its slipping but i am not sure. at WOT changing into a gear the power doesnt come on right away it kinda like jerks. but i dont have a BOV any more so maybe its the turbo spinning back the wrong way then "lagging" to get it moving the air. kinda hard to explain but if you can help cheers

1. When you say reasonably low powered street car - up to what? I am building up to 225kw, with all the usual mods, and may see some track days? In which category will I fit?

2. Also, worth changing flywheel in these circumstances?

3. Finally, Exedy have sports organic and sports ceramic as introductory aftermarket clutches, what is the difference? Ceramic harder on gearbox?

1. When you say reasonably low powered street car - up to what? I am building up to 225kw, with all the usual mods, and may see some track days? In which category will I fit?

2. Also, worth changing flywheel in these circumstances?

3. Finally, Exedy have sports organic and sports ceramic as introductory aftermarket clutches, what is the difference? Ceramic harder on gearbox?

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast power output range for each clutch. Clutch life depends on its use/abuse.

You would probably want to look a cushioned button or a button clutch seeing as though you intend to take it to the track. The CB is still as strong as the button but the cushioned centre makes it a little easier on the driveline.

If thats your car in your avatar, then you will likely need to change the flywheel too. The S15 uses a dual mass flywheel, most aftermarket clutches are designed for single mass flywheels. Exedy makes a replacement single mass flywheel for the S15.

The Sports Ceramic is a button clutch, the organic is a full faced organic disc. The ceramic will be harder on the driveline. Both those clutches are listed under the Racing section though, you may be better off looking at the HD clutches in the Sports Tuff section.

So unlike the button HD and cushion button HD, the Sports Tuff Heavy Duty is organic?

Why makes the latter 'heavy duty'? Would it be suitable for track?

I've also read about Nismo coppermix (red) - these are also single fly organic correct?

I was wondering what would be best for a 200RWKW daily...organic or cushion button?

I heard somewhere that button clutches wear out quicker than an organic in a day to day application if you were to slip or ride the clutch a lot - any truth to this??

My GF drives the car a bit so I don't want to f**k a new clutch in no time, but would say an exedy organic HD be up to it??

this guide was perfect :)

getting a new clutch soon.

this guide pointed me into the right direction :)

cheers

A very nice a short detailed post! This confirms my thinking that my clutch is a button cause it is just as you described it.

Thanks

very good write up helped me out a lot cheers

Excellent write up,definately good for future reference.Anychance of getting the pics loaded back up

Sign in to follow this