Sign in to follow this  
Jack__007

Matte or satin

Yay or nay  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Should i change my colour to matte or satin?

• Matte
    • Satin
    • Leave it the way it is

emre your a *richard cranium* get the kit sprayed up the same colour as the car its a nice colour

matte black stain what ever you want to call it is so try hard

the style people are trying to copy was done on old hot rods that would shoot flames and shit

you have a jap sports car dont wreck it

is it just me, or does the s15 have some purple satin happening on the front bumper?

its just you

If you look closely you can notice a satin purple like effect on the S15 possibly due to the camera but it looks hot give that a go instead....

satin for sure :)

to me it says that you don't give a f**k and just wanna thrash the shit outa it.

respect!

can't tell the different... the porchse looks hot to me rather than R32, R32 looks a bit unfinished

I personally have done it to my R32, its very hard to get it even and even harder to keep clean. I found it would probably need another couple of coats about every year or two. Main reason why I switched back to gloss black. Anyway here it is:

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

Ahhh f**k no r u guys serious, satin is harder to maintain (in terms of lookin clean and good) than the factory gloss black??

Crap...but i need the truth, it looks hot but i'm moving away from black due to excessive rain in melb, the fact that i drive my car daily, and cbf washing it that often, prefer drivin it more...

more imput plz...

any colour black is hard to keep clean, and satin is just that bit harder since it has no gloss on it to help mask the dirt.

and pray that you have dead straight panels, because anything wavey/wrong with your bodywork is also going to show more.

do you have TV2 blue at the moment?? TV2 is a hot colour, i only looked at what colour you got recently, if it's TV2, i don't know why you'd want to change...

satin!!

although a nice a well done matte black looks pretty sexy

Unless your car is hot, I think satin/matt paintjobs look ghetto.

Those cars look f**king hot because they ARE f**king hot cars to start with, so they can pass off a satin/matt paintjob.

is it just me, or does the s15 have some purple satin happening on the front bumper?

Nah its just you,the car is full satin :yes: i saw this car in person it is fukn hot!!!! Was thinking of doing my 15 the same but yeah alot of maintenance involved.

satin is the shiz nizz, looks soo hot if well maintained and done right in the first place :yes: :yes: my votes on satin :D

the satin/matte is not as smooth as your standard high gloss colours so i imagine it would have more texture for any sort of dirt to grab hold of

personally i dont like the matte look on newer cars. guy at work has an old HG premier in matte black looks tough but not on something newer =\

ive had a black car and theyre just shitty to keep clean. especially if you go anywhere near gravel/dirt. the dust actually shows up more on black than any other colour cos dirt is mostly not just black, its usually lighter than black so it stands out like dogs balls.....

and when it rains!!!!! not cool

go for black with a twist of purple in it or something

i suggest to shop around a bit more perhaps til you know what you want!

only car that looked good in satin was the SLR. yet to see a matte that i like.

dude keep ur current colour, ive said it before ill say it again: cars need GLOSS

Your car will look as though it's in undercoat.

I think both satin and matt look shit on a car

id say keep it the blue it is now but if u do decide ta go satin or matte make sure u use a compressor not cans. have a beter finish.

thing is i got some 'imperfections' here and there, all the panels are fine just scratches n someone keyed the car before i bought it... i guess ill see how things turn out

i like the idea of doin it to old cars..

but i don't care how "tuff" they may look.. but who the f**k in their right mind would get rid of original paint on a SLR mclaren and a ferrari and paint them matte/satin..

thats just devalueing the car... fkin stupid doesnt matter how "tuff" it looks to some people..

don't do it emre, ur paintjob is nice bro, keep it the bluey color

- Rohan

Mate just do what YOU want.

IMO i think satin and matte (when applied correctly) look good, but in the end if you are gonna regrett it whats the point?

I have a black car (note its gloss) but its not that hard to keep clean really, people just get worked up about it all.

i like the idea of doin it to old cars..

but i don't care how "tuff" they may look.. but who the f**k in their right mind would get rid of original paint on a SLR mclaren and a ferrari and paint them matte/satin..

thats just devalueing the car... fkin stupid doesnt matter how "tuff" it looks to some people..

don't do it emre, ur paintjob is nice bro, keep it the bluey color

- Rohan

I believe the new lambo's have an option to get it in satin/matt or what ever it really is....

If its done right.... It can look f**king hot, but most backyard jobs look quite shit.