Sign in to follow this  
zed200

racism at work

most workplace have some kinda harrasment and discrimination policy and its easier to police them in larger business- although in small businesses its almost impossible. what you could do is tell him to stop and if he persist take it up further with the human right discrimination commmision.

Well seeing how...erm smart he is.. i wouldnt think his social skills are any much better, i reakon he tries to compensate that with some bad taste in humour. i mean he did say sorry, if he did really mean it whole heartedly and has stopped the whole racist joke thing then i'd say let it go.. but if he does it again...... BURN HIS SHOP DOWN!! Bwhahahaha. and cook the meat. bbq at zed's work :D

Mate just have a laugh with it

its not worth getting shitty about, if u do then they win.

i recon u just agree with him but exagerate (sp) it so it comes across as sarcasic

Like when he talks about asians hygine u could say something like "yeah i know, i knew an asian guy who didnt shower for 10 years, he said it was a waste of water"

he will realise the joke is on him and wont worry about saying that kind of stuff for fear or u making him sound stupid.

it sounds weird i know but by extending what he is saying he should get the hint

*sings*

"We are one, but we are many, and from all the lands on earth we come"

what a crock of shit

man the way i deal with racism, usually the idiots have no idea, they can bag chinese ppl or wateva, but dont realise wen they go home half the shit in their house was designed by foreigners

lol they pay top dollar, for "italian furniture"

top dollar for "jap cars"

i usually just keep it to myself, and think well... (hard to explain)

but because they hafta comment on someones race. and they get shitty and say negative things

and i dont have to wen i see other races, coz i dont giv a f**k.. kinda makes me feel above them, because i dont gota say something

its also touchy if its in a factory environment (apprentice boiler maker here)

you have to have thick skin when you do a trade... i get called every name in the book (one of my person favorites ... "shit stain" lol)

but you just hafta look at the way they say it...

before anything ppl are guna call eachother names in the trade industry

just look at how they say it

thier face expressions, body expressions

obviously he didnt mean to offend you, its just the typical "trade racism"

you got no idea if the asian ppl giving you guys meat go "f**k i hate that round eyed *enchilada*"

blaq.boi's guide to racism at work...

1. asses

2. Think about how you feel

3. Weigh up the pro's and cons if you were to bring it up

^^the comments he made were directed at me as i was working next to him at the time,and asked for my opinion,looking for a reaction......thats exactly what i mean,i keep it to myself,by my thoughts are...well hard to explain like u said.it doesnt make it easier that he is really sleazy towards female customers aswell,i know butcher's are supposed to be flirts(i admit i do it :wub: )but i think he just doesent understand how to act in a work place.as to the above posts aswell,he may have appologised but it was very insincere.....anyhoo gunna probably quit next week,f**k it im over it.

p.s i know being in the tradies game u cop shit as an apprentice i copped my fair share and dealt with it,but i did my time 2 years ago,and he's not a butcher...he just bought the buisness and has had a year of training,so that also adds to the frustration.

you shouldnt care so much...

i think you gota think if this is just "the butterfly on the house" that breaks everything down

seems like theres other reason why u wana quit.. cbfed? bad pay?

dont quit man

you can either play it 2 ways

stick to it and tell him your offended (which will make things arkward, will change the dynamics of the work place)

or

just directly bag him, even if your not that kinda person just do it... and then he will do the same bak to you

even though you will end upp bagin the shit out of eachother

it will be a friendlier environment... and you both will know you are just playing around

also it opts for better communication

eg at work we bag the f**k outa eachother..

but wen someone sais something a bit to offensive... no1 has to sit there n contemplate for a few days wtf to do

all you say is

"bit to far man"

and they say, f**k sorry dude you know im just playin

imo

id take option 2

man its hard enough getting a conversation about the weekends footy out of him,let alone muck around with him ..i normally f**k around with the apprentice on that side of things,nah i really do want to leave aswell because it really is a miserable place to work...no smiles...constant bickering beetween the boss and apprentice.....but thanks for the advice BLAQ-BOI.

lol f**k it, just quit

BUT BUT BUT

man before you do

line up another job first

anyone who knows me well knows i LIVE in impulse

so when i quit my job at a paintstore on impulse coz cbfed with shit

it felt good, but

for the next 6 months i was broke

but then again i always say if it feels right at the time, f**k it, even if u regret it later, if it felt right at the time its justifyable

good luck lol

"Playahs been hatin on me all night long". Everyone hates me cos I'm white.

Now that I got that outta my system. I rate Asians above white people like myself cos there are so many dead beat whites who in most other countries would have starved to death because of their work ethic. I will admit however I sometimes payout their accents (not usually) but trust me I do have a lot of love for Asians.......... Its just sometimes you sound funny - basically the L thing.

i had some racism 2wards me at work. Was gna belt the f**ker, but supervisor said now worth it. He got the ass. Never seen him again.

If you have a good supervisor, you should be taken care of

If your not white you deserved to be ridiculed.

wtf?

racism i thought should be left @ a primary school level if u take it beyond there .... ur nothing more than ur shoe size in age.

wtf? .... thats like saying... i kno you are! but what am i? ... how old r u ? like 10 or sumthing?

racism sucks in the end.. but we all have are streaks of it... like silvia19 said... sum minorities make places a worse place to live in..... hence his dislike of samoans and aboriginals.... thing that shits me the most is basicaly minorities now use racism as a lever.... ie they can call a white person a racist but when its flipped around and a white person labels a black guy or an asian etc as a racist they get laughed at and told to have a coke and a smile and shut the f*ck up ... its true.... so us poor old whiteys have no lever with racists remarks it wud seem :blink: who's the minority now? and im not talking numbers.... persoanly i cudnt give 2 shits if you are white black green pink or yellow, my best pal is sri lanken and my sista in law is filo.... just dont be a wanker and we all good :yes:

haha typical whitey thinking he is better than everybody else

:lol:

in asian... and i agree with wannabe s14/15 owner... hahaha the asian accent is soo funny somtimes...gotta love it...esp the indian accent... i study accounting and every time the lecturer asks an indian to answer... OMG!!! i shit myself... and we got alot of indians. :woot:

Some people are just rude bastards, they will pick on a hair colour, facial features, skin colour, deformity, body type basically bloody anything.So its not always a racial issue. Just would appear as such, I'm sure if you had a regular clientel of 300kg ladies, he'd soon be re-naming them too. Its up to you to inform someone should their inappropriate comments offend you. Most of the time its the feeble minded that have such pathetic views on others, and as such you have to be blatantly obvious in your handling of the situation. If it were soley a racial slur, there would be no instances of remorse.

I'm racist....I sometimes call white people "guai lo", even though I have nothing against Caucasians :P . It's just an old habit....and trying to say "Westerner" in Cantonese just sounds.....not right :D.

Definition of "Guai Lo"

PS: If I ever cop racism, most of the time it's by uneducated fools and I just ignore them. If they're not a real threat to me, I'll just give them shit back in a half joke half "I'm not gonna take shit from you" kinda way :P

just laugh it off man its 2007 ffs aren't we all getting a little too sensitive here...

i bag every race out there, mine included ofcourse

anything for a laugh

U R BY FAR THE DUMBEST f**k I HAVE SEEN ON THIS SITE

JUST BECAUSE U CAME OUT OF A PUSSY IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA OR WHERE EVER DOESNT MAKE YOU ANY BETTER THEN SOMEONE ELSE,

BUT I DOUBT YOUR BOGAN REDNECK PARENTS DIDNT TEACH U THAT CAUSE YOUR DUMBASS WAS HOMESCHOOLED

plus i would like to see you ridiucle me u ignorant f**k

p.s i dont give a sh*t about spelling

racism sucks... but its everywhere. black guy and white guy apply at a job with the same qualifications, experience and eveyrthing else. who gets the job?

racism sucks... but its everywhere. black guy and white guy apply at a job with the same qualifications, experience and eveyrthing else. who gets the job?

Same can be said for fat, skinny, ugly, attractive, male, female..... ;)

I'm racist....I sometimes call white people "guai lo", even though I have nothing against Caucasians :P . It's just an old habit....and trying to say "Westerner" in Cantonese just sounds.....not right :D.

Definition of "Guai Lo"

PS: If I ever cop racism, most of the time it's by uneducated fools and I just ignore them. If they're not a real threat to me, I'll just give them shit back in a half joke half "I'm not gonna take shit from you" kinda way :P

White devil, hehe, at high school me and my friends used to refer to ourselves as that and said that the overly morally sound students (of which there were a small, but annoying group) were studying the subject 'hatred of the white devil' with their major being 'advanced hatred of the white devil'.

the black guy? if you assume the white guy gets the job than you are wrong because not all employers have a hatred for black people. sometimes it's more who you know not what you know... if the black guy was mates with the employer but was not as qualified as the white guy, i say the black fella gets the job.

U R BY FAR THE DUMBEST f**k I HAVE SEEN ON THIS SITE

JUST BECAUSE U CAME OUT OF A PUSSY IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA OR WHERE EVER DOESNT MAKE YOU ANY BETTER THEN SOMEONE ELSE,

BUT I DOUBT YOUR BOGAN REDNECK PARENTS DIDNT TEACH U THAT CAUSE YOUR DUMBASS WAS HOMESCHOOLED

plus i would like to see you ridiucle me u ignorant f**k

p.s i dont give a sh*t about spelling

chill, im pretty sure he was joking.

ps - why you using red writing instead of black? huh? Racist.

How can people hate Asian people? No seriously.

My dream is to reincarnated into either a japanese person - or a japanese product.

I love Asian people.

LOL@ s2o0o

well anyways, in my point of view, the colour of ur skin doesnt matter, jsut as long as ur not ugly as shit rofl.

but personality wise, i dont really like jewish people. i live near jews and i dont disrespect them but they give me this feeling like wwe still owe them for wat happened 50 years ago. i use to work at a shop around st kilda area and i encounter lots of them. most dont reply when i greet them, most dont say thanks, most look really really pissed off when they are paying for stuff lol. when im bored i read newspaper etc and every time i come across the 'jewish news' their front page always bitching and like every week theres stuff inside still going on about the holocaust. but that being said, there are a few really nice jews i encountered before, 1 frequent customer always smiles always communicate. dats my 2 cents