Sign in to follow this  
Raptor_S15

S15 Not 100% Again!

Hey all,

I don't usually post much but my car is having some troubles again.

My car is running 'rich', and I think it's because my dump pipe has another crack in it. There is a sensor on the dump pipe (Heated Oxygen Sensor) which I think is getting false readings (Last time there was a crack/hole on the dump pipe) and is now flooding my engine. I think my engine is twisting too much which has put alot of stress on the pipe and may have caused the crack the first time and maybe now as well.

One question I have is: would it be wise to replace my cat converter with a flexi pipe to allow the first haft of the engine to twist and flex without stressing the rest of the exhaust system? or attach engine mounts (or restrictors? whatever they are called) to restrict the movement of the engine?

The other problem is it's always trying to stall when I have backed off the throttle. the car would die to around 500/300 rpm and even stall on some occasions. (My car was purchased pre-modded) It has been like this since purchase (the stalling part) I have only travelled about 3,000kms (26,000 on the clock).

What I know of the performance mods in the car so far is:

Hybrid Intercooler

Garrett GT28RS

HD Clutch (either twin or tripple)

5spd Gear box (from S14)

Aftermarket LSD Diff

Full X-Force Exhaust (Tuned to the car)

Apexi Power-FC

BC and BOV

Aftermarket Fuel Pump System

I Haven't Checked the Internals Yet

Please Help!!

just get a new dump pipe they are not to expensive from sponsors on the site. As for the stalling i would tighten up all the hose clamps and cheack the afm and also the bov might be leaking.

Ok thanks. I had repaired the dump pipe before by welding it but the problem has re-emerged

sounds like AFM to me as o2 sensor doesnt effect idle. But check for air leaks aswell

AFM you say? when I purchased the car it was supposed to have a Z32 AFM in it but it is a R34 one (by what it says on the AFM? are they different in anyway?

u say u purchased the cae pre modded and now u saying its got either a z32 or r34 afm in it...

by the list of mods you have, and the odometer on the engine....

u have either gotten a thrashed the sh!t outta it s15 and/or accident and they put in a low km engine - in which case lots of things might be wrong... get it checked properly at a mechanics...

or

u have a genuinely low km s15 that was stock and perhaps some of the parts u put on weren't put on properly... loose clamps and dirty afm would cause those symptoms u described... also how did u weld the dump pipe? might have split again if u didn't do it properly

The stalling is caused by the bov. Recirculate it back and it will fix the problem. Or alternately you can adjust your revs a little higher to compensate the stall.

I wouldn's say its a thrashed engine but it may have been. the whole car was put together by c-red. it had a new engine put in because it was in a accident. (ex-drift car) so they put some new parts in it and used it for street driving. Its the Fideen that 'Jash' used to drive, but alot different now. there are some parts in the car that need explaining though like why my computer is just loosly placed behind my passenger kick panel. or why there was no water bottle for the windscreen's. anyway. when I get some money together, i'll have it booked into X-Speed for a fix (if they do that) and a tune. atm running 269hp (unlike the 436hp it used to have).

from the history I know about this car, it had an accident whilst drifting, front end I think was damaged. they replaced the front end and a few other new panels, put a new engine in it (stock internals apparently), took out the T04 turbo and placed a GT28 in it. took out the role cage and NOS (I think it had it, still has the buttons for NOS Purge), Tuned it for a 'Safe Tune', Sold the car to autowholesale who drove it around abit (took all the stickers off). after a while they put it up on the market (and put 2 stickers on rear quarter panels to hide a big paint chip). ended up having a few paint chips and dents around the body. and then I bought her. trying to get her back to full glory but its a long road. Learning alot on the way.

hmmm...very interesting... gave the sparkplugs a and airfilter a clean and now it great. but what would cause the sparkplugs to collect so much crap? I thought It may have been that water had gotten into the airfilter which disrupted the airflow so the car compensated for adding more fuel? I dunno...only thing I can think of since it started to play up when the weather was very wet. Recurculating the BOV? how does one find out how or if its already been done?

Thanks.

by re-circulating the bov it should have a hose over the trumpet so that when it goes off all the air goes back into the intake behind the afm on that piece of pipe somewhere before the turbo just not after..

tps sensors can cause it to stall at the lights when u pull up, or afm check the air filter i had a problem with my 33 not boosting properly and running rich, thought it could have been the comp afm heaps of things, turns out the pod was dirty and blocked, replaced it and all my problems went away

tps sensors can cause it to stall at the lights when u pull up

Sounds abit like that, but just doing a rev on the engine can cause mine to fall below idle and on the odd occasion stall. I have to heel toe when slowing to stops at the light because of the stalling issue (and i'm not good at that. still very rusty) and then have to give it some revs when i have stopped.

Back to the point. TPS sensors? where are they located and whats the purpose of one. oh and what is TPS?

Thanks

tps sensors are generaly located on the throttle body. there will be a plug running into the sensor. most cars will have a resistance reading at certain throttle openings so u can test exactly how it is working and some even have adjustments just use a multimeter

ah....TPS...Throttle Position Sensor. I might get it tuned (needs 1) so I shall Inquire about the stalling there and see if they can fix the issue

thanks for your help people.